(Topic ID: 313689)

Lighted Pinball Mods Topper!!

By Mr_Outlane

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220419_215841 (resized).jpg
    20220419_215830 (resized).jpg
    20220419_215810 (resized).jpg
    20220419_215750 (resized).jpg
    20220419_215728 (resized).jpg
    20220419_215716 (resized).jpg
    20220419_215654 (resized).jpg
    20220419_215639 (resized).jpg
    20220419_215625 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Resolved!!

I just purchased the Lighted Pinball Mods Ultimate Pinball Topper (hologram) for $249.99. AS stated on his site, with purchase, "you get access to over 500 other videos that we call our basic library.." Instead, you get access to exactly 132 videos only!
    When I contacted him about this, here is his response!

"Hello,
    Great question. Our system has changed since and if you would like to purchase additional premium videos, it's as easy as placing an order (Micro SD card ONLY) you on this site. They are 49.99 each and will be shipped to you upon order. Have a great day!"

Kind regards,
    LPM

Yup! Our system has changed.

#2 2 years ago

Aside from the access videos is it a good product? Always been curious if these are worth it?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Aside from the access videos is it a good product? Always been curious if these are worth it?

Yes, it looks good!
    But, I ordered the Bram Stoker's Dracula and got the 8 premium hologram videos. Cool but not enough. He also advertised access to the additional premium videos for 19.99. Now it's 49.99 with SD card purchase! And the 19.99 is gone from his web site!
    Scam!!

Added 23 months ago:

Not a scam!
    A communication problem and confusion on free library access.
    Customer service came through!

Added 23 months ago:

Resolved

Added 23 months ago:

Great Product!!

#4 2 years ago

Those hologram fans are just cheap, ugly, loud, made-in-China junk.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

It's actually a cool device your opinion aside! It's just that the seller is a scammer!

Added 23 months ago:

Resolved!

#6 2 years ago

Seller has always been suspect

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

When anyone says "EVERYTHING made in China is JUNK" or similar I instantly know that person is not very bright OR has never traveled outside their sleepy little one horse town!

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Seller has always been suspect

It appears to be true!

Added 23 months ago:

Resolved!

#10 1 year ago

I would assume Mr_Outlane does not know how to navigate the videos. They are all linked from the site. I have just checked and their are 604 basic videos included in the package, and they have always been there, he has links to them all!! I have sent him more in depth instructions on how to follow the 2 links to get them all. Here is a breakdown of the selection:

Animals Has 50 videos
    Arcade Has 42 videos
    Car-ship-transportation Has 62 videos
    Music Has 76 videos
    Other Has 174 videos
    Space – Sky Has 58 videos
    Sports Has 28 videos
    Superhero – Weapons Has 85 videos
    Water Has 29 videos

That adds up to 604, which is more then 500. I have sent him further instructions on how to access them. From the website location that he got to their are 9 links to each of the above category. When he clicks on one of those 9 links he just needs to click on the category. If he click on animals it will take him to the 50 animal videos. If he clicks on Arcade it will take him to those 42 videos and so on.

The reason for those sections is to give people videos for game we will not make full sets for. An example is if you want Congo, their is a gorilla and diamond videos. We had one customer that wanted this for Space Shuttle. We will not make a space shuttle premium set but their are a few for that theme in space-sky and he used those for that game.

Also in the basic set are some videos from our premium sets, so if someone want to have one video from a bunch of games to use as wall art they can do that.

Now the big question, is Mr_Outlane going to check that those links and give the correct information here or just leave his incorrect post?

Also it appears others on this thread are posting without first hand knowledge. It is amazing on Pinside how many people spread false information.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I would assume Mr_Outlane does not know how to navigate the videos. They are all linked from the site. I have just checked and their are 604 basic videos included in the package, and they have always been there, he has links to them all!! I have sent him more in depth instructions on how to follow the 2 links to get them all. Here is a breakdown of the selection:
    Animals Has 50 videos
    Arcade Has 42 videos
    Car-ship-transportation Has 62 videos
    Music Has 76 videos
    Other Has 174 videos
    Space – Sky Has 58 videos
    Sports Has 28 videos
    Superhero – Weapons Has 85 videos
    Water Has 29 videos
    That adds up to 604, which is more then 500. I have sent him further instructions on how to access them. From the website location that he got to their are 9 links to each of the above category. When he clicks on one of those 9 links he just needs to click on the category. If he click on animals it will take him to the 50 animal videos. If he clicks on Arcade it will take him to those 42 videos and so on.
    The reason for those sections is to give people videos for game we will not make full sets for. An example is if you want Congo, their is a gorilla and diamond videos. We had one customer that wanted this for Space Shuttle. We will not make a space shuttle premium set but their are a few for that theme in space-sky and he used those for that game.
    Also in the basic set are some videos from our premium sets, so if someone want to have one video from a bunch of games to use as wall art they can do that.
    Now the big question, is Mr_Outlane going to check that those links and give the correct information here or just leave his incorrect post?
    Also it appears others on this thread are posting without first hand knowledge. It is amazing on Pinside how many people spread false information.

#12 1 year ago

Here are pictures from youtube state the number of files and the dates they were uploaded, 2019, when is when we won the award of best new mod for 2019 at the Chicago pinball expo. If you add them up, it comes to 604!!!

20220419_215625 (resized).jpg20220419_215625 (resized).jpg20220419_215639 (resized).jpg20220419_215639 (resized).jpg20220419_215654 (resized).jpg20220419_215654 (resized).jpg20220419_215716 (resized).jpg20220419_215716 (resized).jpg20220419_215728 (resized).jpg20220419_215728 (resized).jpg20220419_215750 (resized).jpg20220419_215750 (resized).jpg20220419_215810 (resized).jpg20220419_215810 (resized).jpg20220419_215830 (resized).jpg20220419_215830 (resized).jpg20220419_215841 (resized).jpg20220419_215841 (resized).jpg
    #13 1 year ago

I gave the links to MR OUTLANE and he replied claiming "Sounds like you have web site issues to resolve." . I have tried the links on both Firefox and Microsoft's browser and all links work fine, and I sent him pictures. We have sold about 2,000 of these toppers and have not had any issues from any of the other customers that their was an issue getting to the video's, so no, I do not think their is a "web site issues to resolve.", but just in case, I have asked MR OUTLANE to send me the name of the browser he is using so I can test that.

I am trying to resolve this with this customer, as we try to resolve any issue with any customer.

#14 1 year ago

We supply a link to Clipgrab directly from https://clipgrab.org/ that allows you to download videos from youtube. Clipgrab is one of the leaders in this type of application having been around since 2007. We also supply custom made instruction videos on how to use the software. MR OUTLANE claims that this is malware, which is not true. I will nip this in the bud, here is an article about the software:

https://www.techsguide.com/is-clipgrab-a-malware/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClipGrab

#15 1 year ago

Just an FYI.

I just downloaded ClipGrab to a Win10 PC and it refused to allow me to install the program without first "allowing" it in Windows Defender.

#16 1 year ago

OK, I see the problem now!
    When you get to Animals for example, it only shows 15 videos. You have to click on 'Animals' at the top to get to all the rest. This is misleading! They should have all came up without needing to do this! When I asked about this the first time I was told, "our system has changed" WTF??
    Communication problem indeed.
    But thanks! This resolves it!

Also, my Antivirus Malware software identified the freeware grabber app as a virus. But it is not.

** As far as those here who think this is "cheap Chinese junk", you're wrong! This device is awesome cool and IMO the coolest topper ever! I hope they resolve the confusion on accessing the free library.
    Cheers!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-pinball-mods-beware and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.