whirlwind-litkitflippers-pinside (resized).jpg
647B4212-B9CA-49CC-A4E6-CD42319ED399 (resized).jpeg
funhouse-lit-kit-flippers-blue (resized).jpg
funhouse-thirdflipper (resized).jpg
funhouse-close (resized).jpg
funhouse-full (resized).jpg
16D22507-7301-4EC8-BB45-E506824939DA (resized).jpeg
11845D14-C908-40E4-9F00-4C539E209755 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 2 years ago

Don’t know how you power these, but you might consider including/offering a brightness adjuster.

4 weeks later
#101 2 years ago

Any install pics on AFM/AFMr? I currently have Titan glow in the dark rings throughout (including flippers), and trying to figure out how these would look and what color I might prefer.

Also, I'm curious about how they connect to power as I may want to put a dimmer inline to control the brightness.

#107 2 years ago

A few notes on this:

1) I'm really impressed with the design and execution of these illuminated flipper bats - excellent work on the part of @arcadeaction.

2) Those are the same types of connectors as used on the Comet Matrix system of lighting and wiring. This means you could easily insert a plug-and-play Comet Matrix brightness adjuster inline (however, you would need to route the wiring to the below the playfield somehow).
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

3) You cannot use standard wedge or bayonet LEDs on the CGC pins (AFMr, MBr, MMr, and soon to be CCr). You either have to splice into the wiring or you can use a custom splitter which I happen to make and sell since it is needed for some of the mods I offer (I think you can get them from Mezel also). Again, this will require somehow getting the wiring to the underside of the playfield

Would be challenging, but I think for CGC games the black cable would need to be longer (say 12") so that it could be routed below the playfield.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeAction:

Thanks for the feedback and comments from all!
I'm also more than happy to accommodate and make custom length wires to allow more games to be compatible as have done with specific games currently. Just message me regarding a potential solution. The ArcadeMade.com website has nearly 30 games posted now, but more games have had kits made for them too that will be added, and of course many games in a particular system will be similar.

When I get some time I will more closely examine the possibilities on my AFMr to see what might be accomplished. As mentioned the challenge is going to be a discrete nearby hole that can be utilized to route the cable (would definitely need to be longer than standard) to the underside of the playfield. Since the cable is rather small and flat, my first inclination is there might be room to share a nearby return lane LED hole.

I would also be curious to see how these look with flipper toppers installed. I make/sell 3D printed toppers for a multitude of titles (always adding more), but I think the outer glow would still look great even with toppers installed (I could even imagine designing toppers that allowed some of the light to come through in various lettering/patterns). Does anyone happen to have any pics they could post with this configuration?

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Let me know when you guys work it out. AFM is one i think will benefit from it. Be cool if you can get the glow in the dark look happening maybe some of that clear/green tint like the protectors.

Oh, a fluorescent green bat illuminated with cool white LEDs would be awesome for AFM/AFMr. Something the same color as these posts which I put on my AFMr (originally designed for DE TMNT).

#115 2 years ago

A few questions:

- What are the current bat color options (not the lighting, but the plastic bats)?
- Can/will the options be expanded or are you limited to supplier options?
- Do you have a UV LED option?
- Can a different color combination be ordered than the one presented for a given pin (eg teal or purple instead of white for WCS)?

#121 2 years ago

Hi, I'll send you a message regarding toppers etc today. Yes, I'm currently working with UV light options in an install, can expand some options and offer different color options than those presented for a given pin also. Thanks

Cool, thanks.

#124 2 years ago

We’ve been chatting, and there is going to be a challenge with the CGC pins. There still might be a solution, but going to have to think through things.

1 month later
#139 2 years ago

Opened up my Pinside Secret Santa gifts this morning, and to my surprise there as a Lighted Flippers set for my Stern Jurassic Park Premium inside. Looking forward to getting these installed and playing with them!

IMG_6835 (resized).JPGIMG_6835 (resized).JPG
#141 2 years ago

Just finished (sort of) installing my new lighted flipper bats.

The Good:
- Install was relatively straightforward
- They look great. After looking at it both ways and going back and forth I decided to put my 3D caution flippers back on, and I prefer the softer look. BTW, the photo is deceiving as my camera phone didn't pickup the upper flipper illumination very well. In real life it is the same coloring and intensity as the lower flippers, but I think my Pinstadium lights are throwing off the exposure there.

The Little Disappointing:
- The LED converter bulbs supplied are cool white, but Stern JP uses warm white bulbs. Not that big of deal, as I'll just have to add those to my next Comet order. Again, this was a gift (of which I'm extremely appreciative), so I don't even know if you can choose warm or cool white when ordering. I order from Comet on a regular basis, so I can get by just fine until then.

The Extremely Frustrating
- I'm so ticked off at Stern right now. The pawl screws were so tight it took everything I had to loosen them. Then during my first game the upper flipper moved out of alignment. After jacking with it for over an hour when it seemed I had it as tight as could be, I just couldn't get it to work. I removed the assembly, headed out to the garage, and determined the crank arm block is stripped. After trying to fix the threads, I ended up breaking off two different bolts in it (the first came out, the second didn't). I ended up putting a Marco order in for replacement parts, and just hope everything makes it here in time for me to get the pin up and running before our New Year's Eve party.

IMG_6849 (resized).JPGIMG_6849 (resized).JPGIMG_6864 (resized).JPGIMG_6864 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#151 2 years ago

I posted before, but now that I have my warm white bulbs and upper flipper fixed here are the shotes of my JP Premium. I really love the glow of these!

IMG_6911 (resized).JPGIMG_6911 (resized).JPG

IMG_6912 (resized).JPGIMG_6912 (resized).JPG

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Mr_Tantrum just curious what was the issue with your upper flipper?
I too just had an issue with my upper flipper and a replacement is on the way.
He also sent me some warm lights after I mentioned to him that the ones he sent weren't the stock ones. He was happy to learn that JP was warm by default he wasn't aware of that so he was sending cold lights out with them. I think now he's going to send warm though by default.
I also mentioned in the JP thread I went with similar color schemes for titan rubbers and I'm glad to see the colors on your flippers match what I got too, and I like the look of it.

Stern had overtightened, bent the bolt, and stripped the claw. Just the act of me loosening the bolt screwed up the mechanism (had nothing to do with the flipper bat). I had to order replacement parts to fix it, and all is great now.

Mine were a Pinside Secret Santa gift (thank you, again! to my SS), so of course I didn't have an opportunity to inquire about bulb temp, etc. As everyone should be able to see, ArcadeMade has been extremely flexible and adaptive with this mod and they are learning some along the way about the best alternatives for various pin titles. The cool whites wouldn't have killed me, but given my strong OCD and that I order from Comet on a nearly weakly basis, it was no big deal for me to order 3 bulbs and replace them.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Mr_Tantrum Also curious if you can get a pic of your bats with those caution toppers on them with less lighting. Like in a darker environment.
I am curious to see how it compares to mine without any toppers, with the LED flippers. It's hard to tell in that pic because it looks like there is a bit more light in the room.
I've been kind of interested in those because I think the lines can act as a guide when to press the flipper button, and I like the look. But I don't want it to "hide" any of the LED lighting that I like from the bats too.

I tried first w/o the toppers, but I really wanted to keep them. I actually really like the soft glow the toppers create on the top of the bats.

Here is both ways in a completely dark room (I do have warm white PinStadium lighting set to 50% installed).
Flippers (resized).jpgFlippers (resized).jpg

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Cool thanks for the comparison pic. Hard to see the glow on the upper bat even without the topper lol. I realized though how pictures/vids don't do it justice and it's just hard to get the look across on them because I've taken some of my own.

It clearly glows in person and is quite visible which is why I did the closeup. I think a combination of my camera phone and being next to the Pinstadium lighting up there makes it not show very well in a photo. Also, the color of the flipper rings seems to tint the photo a little even though the flipper bats are obviously the same exact color.

2 weeks later
#165 2 years ago

I wanted to show everyone what I've been working on with @arcadeaction: Lit Flippers for the CGC Attack from Mars remake (and potentially other CGC titles). CGC posted a challenge because of how they use proprietary bulbs, but we were able to work together and come up with a solid solution. I don't think he is quite ready to take orders (you'll have to ask him), but should be very soon so I suggest contacting him for decals.

The colors I decided to go with are clear bats with green LEDs. I have Titan glow in the dark bands and the colors go great. The green is a good sort of fluorescent color that matches my posts, plastic protectors, and the other greens in the area quite well.

However, since he posted a game video, I figured it was okay to post here about them. You can see the CGC AFMr game play video here:

Here are the flippers installed and working (clear bats with green LEDs)
AFMa1 (resized).jpgAFMa1 (resized).jpg
AFMa2 (resized).jpgAFMa2 (resized).jpg

Here are the same flippers with my custom 3D AFM flipper toppers installed (PM me if interested in purchasing)
AFMb1 (resized).jpgAFMb1 (resized).jpg
AFMb2 (resized).jpgAFMb2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#170 2 years ago

Got my Getaway lit today. I decided to go with cool white LEDs and clear flippers so I can swap band colors whenever I wanted. Also, I installed them so that I could attach a dimmer since they were a little bright for me out of the box.

Without flipper toppers

IMG_7160 (resized).JPGIMG_7160 (resized).JPG
IMG_7159 (resized).JPGIMG_7159 (resized).JPG

With flipper toppers
IMG_7162 (resized).JPGIMG_7162 (resized).JPG
IMG_7161 (resized).JPGIMG_7161 (resized).JPG

#171 2 years ago

Well, I've done all I can do for now with Lit Flippers. Time for someone else to buy the next set!

Here's 8 Lit Flippers in my 3 pin lineup.

Getaway | cool white LEDs with clear bats, Titan blue bands on lowers & yellow on upper
AFMr LE | green LEDs with clear bats, Titan glow in the dark bands
JP Prem | amber LEDs with yellow bats, Titan orange bands on lowers & green on upper

IMG_7165.JPGIMG_7165.JPG

1 month later
#178 2 years ago

Here’s an installation on KISS:[quoted image]

I think those are called "Love Guns" on KISS.

3 weeks later
#185 2 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival - getting lit!
This year’s event really is a fun and well put together show with lots of great games. Has been fun so far meeting with up with many fellow Pinsiders.
Come checkout the booth if you are in town during the weekend.
[quoted image]

I'll see you in a couple of hours!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-flipper-kits-by-arcademadecom?tu=mr_tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.