Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Atari_Daze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
4FAE346B-955A-43DD-A21F-5E8251025F13 (resized).jpeg
100_1191 (resized).JPG
B6FCD071-96DA-40E5-95B1-04943AF08D96 (resized).jpeg
70776117_1888228447946784_6555017677436354560_n (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

Interested to see how everyone's aprons glow from Pinball Dreams!

This is mine!!!

70776117_1888228447946784_6555017677436354560_n (resized).jpg
#2 8 months ago

Your transformer/invertor is probably dead. If you can find a replacement transformer you could replace the indeglo panels with frosted colored plexi and backlight with LEDs.

#3 8 months ago

How do these get made? Are there apron blanks that are then CNC cut ? Or do the aprons need to be created custom for each game?

#4 8 months ago

As I remember on a TAF that I worked on that had one. Its a custom apron as the metal is slightly thicker than the origianl one. They are CNC'd with the pattern for the back lit glo panel. Then they are custom painted with a decal applied for the specific game. They are really neat and I think that they are the best custom apron mod for WMS era games. Not sure if that inverter has a circuit breaker on it but I would check. I remember that there was a switch or something on the side of the box.

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Your transformer/invertor is probably dead. If you can find a replacement transformer you could replace the indeglo panels with frosted colored plexi and backlight with LEDs.

Not sure I have the skills for this but thank you for the reply!

If this is true would explain a lot!! Hasn't worked properly since I've had the machine (bought from another only recently).

I wonder if I contact the supplier they would send out a replacement...at my cost of course!

#6 8 months ago
B6FCD071-96DA-40E5-95B1-04943AF08D96 (resized).jpeg
#7 8 months ago

jardine If you want to work out whether the problem is the machine or the apron itself you can unplug it and connect the inverter wires for the apron to a standard 9v battery.

If it doesn't light up that means it is either the inverter or the EL panel itself underneath the apron that is defective.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How do these get made? Are there apron blanks that are then CNC cut ? Or do the aprons need to be created custom for each game?

They are custom cut for each game from a blank apron that PinballDreams created from scratch.
100_1191 (resized).JPG

#8 8 months ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

jardine If you want to work out whether the problem is the machine or the apron itself you can unplug it and connect the inverter wires for the apron to a standard 9v battery.
If it doesn't light up that means it is either the inverter or the EL panel itself underneath the apron that is defective.

They are custom cut for each game from a blank apron that PinballDreams created from scratch.
[quoted image]

pinsanity thanks. Silly question but I presume I would use the ends where it connects to the backbox, yeah. The little 2 prong metal male connectors?!?

Does it matter which way I touch the tips to as this would be much easier than taking it out and testing on another CV!

#9 8 months ago

Hooked it up to a 9v battery!! What does this mean??

Do I have an issue with my board? Do I need a seperate power supply to run it and get the attached result.

4FAE346B-955A-43DD-A21F-5E8251025F13 (resized).jpeg
#10 8 months ago

It means the problem lies with the machine or the connector on the board you have it plugged into - eg no 12vDC supply.

Might be as simple as a blown fuse or it might be a bad connection and need to have the solder reflowed on that connector. You can test it for continuity with a DMM.

Alternatively you can find another 12v DC supply on the machine - mine is plugged into the coin door interface board just so it is one less mod plugged into the power driver board (inside the cabinet to the left of the coin door).

The relevant pins are clearly marked (12vDC and ground).

#11 8 months ago

Dude, how many topics are you going to open and try and seek help?

pasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 47.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Royal Oak, MI
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 189.99
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 11.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, FL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside