• Latest reply 6 years ago by bam10
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vacuum (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

My Dialed In is starting to show some dirt, mainly in the inlanes. The rest of the game isn't that dirty, I would think it's got about 250 games on it since it came out of the box. My question is what can/should I use to clean the ball tracks and other areas that I see that are dirty? I don't really think it's dirty enough to warrant breaking out the novus 2 and carnuba wax, just needs a quick touch-up. Does anyone have anything they recommend? I bought a can of cleaner/wax from the Harley Davidson dealer a few years back, but haven't used it much.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

I'd try a soft lintless towel and just rub them off.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Was thinking of using a microfiber, but didn't know if it was a good idea to do it dry.

#4 6 years ago

You could spray a little Novus 1 on the MF cloth.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Was thinking of using a microfiber, but didn't know if it was a good idea to do it dry.

I have a microfiber towel I use to buff off dry Novus 2. I shake it out, and use that on the ball trails. Works great.

LTG : )

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

(Moisten first); is my rule of thumb before wiping of dirt or grim whatever . Novus #1 . Or if you don't have any . Distilled water on the cloth .

#7 6 years ago

Vacuum the playfield first to remove any coil dust. Then wipe down with Novus 1. It won't remove any wax. Stubborn ball trails can be removed with a little Novus 2 or wax. A vacuum kit like the one below is a great investment.

https://www.amazon.com/Schneider-Industries-Micro-Vacuum-Attachment/dp/B000BSJCLY/ref=sr_1_4

vacuum (resized).jpgvacuum (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Yeah chris I use novus 1 on new games when I see the dirt trails. Works like a charm if you get to the dirt early.

#9 6 years ago

thanks for the replies everyone.

#10 6 years ago

if novus 1 and wax doesn't remove the ball trails- should novus 2 be used? how about a cleaner like simple green?

#11 6 years ago

Novus 2 is fine.

#12 6 years ago

Spit on the playfield then dry off with an old t shirt or pair of underwear. Redneck pinball cleaning at its finest.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from fusion:

if novus 1 and wax doesn't remove the ball trails- should novus 2 be used?

That’s what I do.

#14 6 years ago

has anyone tried 3m finesse-it instead of novus 2?

#15 6 years ago

Finesse-it works well also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/light-playfield-cleaning-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.