Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by bam10
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

vacuum (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

My Dialed In is starting to show some dirt, mainly in the inlanes. The rest of the game isn't that dirty, I would think it's got about 250 games on it since it came out of the box. My question is what can/should I use to clean the ball tracks and other areas that I see that are dirty? I don't really think it's dirty enough to warrant breaking out the novus 2 and carnuba wax, just needs a quick touch-up. Does anyone have anything they recommend? I bought a can of cleaner/wax from the Harley Davidson dealer a few years back, but haven't used it much.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

#2 8 months ago

I'd try a soft lintless towel and just rub them off.

LTG : )

#3 8 months ago

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Was thinking of using a microfiber, but didn't know if it was a good idea to do it dry.

#4 8 months ago

You could spray a little Novus 1 on the MF cloth.

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Was thinking of using a microfiber, but didn't know if it was a good idea to do it dry.

I have a microfiber towel I use to buff off dry Novus 2. I shake it out, and use that on the ball trails. Works great.

LTG : )

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from pindude80:

(Moisten first); is my rule of thumb before wiping of dirt or grim whatever . Novus #1 . Or if you don't have any . Distilled water on the cloth .

#7 8 months ago

Vacuum the playfield first to remove any coil dust. Then wipe down with Novus 1. It won't remove any wax. Stubborn ball trails can be removed with a little Novus 2 or wax. A vacuum kit like the one below is a great investment.

amazon.com link »

vacuum (resized).jpg

#8 8 months ago

Yeah chris I use novus 1 on new games when I see the dirt trails. Works like a charm if you get to the dirt early.

#9 8 months ago

thanks for the replies everyone.

#10 8 months ago

if novus 1 and wax doesn't remove the ball trails- should novus 2 be used? how about a cleaner like simple green?

#11 8 months ago

Novus 2 is fine.

#12 8 months ago

Spit on the playfield then dry off with an old t shirt or pair of underwear. Redneck pinball cleaning at its finest.

#13 8 months ago
Quoted from fusion:

if novus 1 and wax doesn't remove the ball trails- should novus 2 be used?

That’s what I do.

#14 8 months ago

has anyone tried 3m finesse-it instead of novus 2?

#15 8 months ago

Finesse-it works well also.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 21.00
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside