38%
  • Mwoah 2 votes
    10%
  • i dont know. 3 votes
    14%

(21 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 12 years ago

I have A Judge Dredd (among others)
But i Like the way Avatar LE looks with the lighted ramps.
unfortunately no money for an avatar (and if i did i'd rather have 2 or 3 nice machines instead of 1)

So bought some EL wire and installed it instead of the flashers on the pursuit lamps above the ramps.

It is a test setup for the time being and i dislike the fact that the red is less brighter than the blue one.

I also am doubting if i should wire the other wire ramps to

#2 12 years ago

Looks nice! Just picked up a JD last week and my have to give this a try once I am done with my current project.

#3 12 years ago

Looks sweet but I would want the ramps lite with GI to be on most of the time instead of blinking on and off like that.

#4 12 years ago

looks like he is wiring them into the pursuit mode flashers. What would be nice is to have them always on, but when the pursuit mode flashes, they flash too.

#5 12 years ago

Looks killer. I like it flashing. Like drstarkweather said when pursuit mode flashes they flash too, awesome idea.

#6 12 years ago

Looks great on your machine but I wouldn't want to lose the pursuit flashers. I would tap into 12V from the J116 pin header on the WPC power driver board so these wires are lit the entire time.

#7 12 years ago

I am thinking to light every ramp and hook them to the felony flashers
but always on is also a great option (although when i do every ramp i think it would be TO busy)

Quoted from mwong168:

Looks great on your machine but I wouldn't want to lose the pursuit flashers. I would tap into 12V from the J116 pin header on the WPC power driver board so these wires are lit the entire time.

Is that a not used pin (the J116) and how much can i pull from it without stressing the power board or supply.

#8 12 years ago

Looks good, but I don't know about the other ramps.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from trapson:

Is that a not used pin (the J116) and how much can i pull from it without stressing the power board or supply.

You can pull 12V from it and it is not really used and was meant for a bill validator for the coin door I read somewhere. Safer to tap into that instead of another part of the lighting circuit or risk taking out an opto with your EL wire mod.

#10 12 years ago

Interesting, but I wouldn't have sacrificed the Pursuit flashers for it. Throw some LED's in those flashers, and they really stand out beautifully. They're my favorite lighting feature on mine.

Later,
EV

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/light-mod-judge-dredd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.