_MG_2093_(resized).JPG
_MG_2078_(resized).JPG
IMG_2441_(resized).JPG
IMG_5146_(resized).JPG
IMG_3595_(resized).JPG
image.jpeg
100_0015.jpg
Light_Phaser.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago

I built a MAME arcade about 6-7 years ago and really wanted lightgun support. Took me a long time then to find a good 27" tube that had s-video input to get a decent resolution for it. I had to take the tv apart to get it to fit inside the cabinet, but the end result with a bezel is it looks awesome and just like an arcade.

The guncon2's were the only ones i could find that worked and some random person had built a driver for windows xp. However i Still have to manually built a power circuit to power the gun from the computer power. Took a lot of time and effort but the end result was very nice and it's always a blast to fire up the arcade and some some gun games.

100_0015.jpg100_0015.jpg

#22 8 years ago

Buddy of mine built his MAME box using a LCD and one of the newer light gun assemblies, it never worked as well as mine with the CRT and wasn't as accurate.

Just my .02, but none of the new stuff plays the same as the old guns with the old tubes.

I don't even know how many gun games i have... i have like 5,000 arcade games, but then i have pretty much every other system out there running as well. Even all the HOTD variants are working through the appropriate emulators. It's fun, although I feel like Area 51 gets the most play of anything.

#26 8 years ago

I'll have to check out PB PSX version, only have played the arcade versions on mine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/light-gun-games-console-vs-arcade?tu=chrisnack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.