4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Night_Stocker_(resized).png
5_(resized).JPG
3_(resized).JPG
_MG_2093_(resized).JPG
_MG_2078_(resized).JPG
IMG_2441_(resized).JPG
IMG_5146_(resized).JPG
IMG_3595_(resized).JPG
image.jpeg
100_0015.jpg
Light_Phaser.jpg

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I haven't owned a CRT TV for quite some time now and had a plan of getting a used one for light gun games, but they're getting harder to find. I was driving home the other day and a neighbor had a yard sale with a 27" Trinitron sitting in the driveway for $5. I snatched it up and started my trip down light gun nostalgia lane.

First thing I did was dig up my NES and Zapper to play some Duck Hunt.
Then I plugged up the Dreamcast for some HOTD2.
Then the PSX for Time Crisis...
Then I started looking up games. There were several quality PS2 games I wasn't even aware. There are also several console ports of arcade light gun games I had hoped to own some day but figured I wouldn't.

After some research and playing several games, I've come to the realization that console versions may be the way to go. They're much cheaper and more versatile. You get all your consoles plugged up to one screen and don't have to worry about crazy monitor calibrations when switching PCBs. You also don't have to take up a ton of space with all these arcade cabs.

Often times the console versions have extra modes of play that you don't get in the arcade version. Plus there are some interesting console exclusives.

Examples:
-PSX Time Crisis has a completely new story mode... and a PSX exclusive sequel was released.
-PSX Point Blank has an awesome adventure mode that's kind of like an old school RPG where you walk around a map and random enemy encounters are shooting games.

Some interesting console exclusives:
PSX - Elemental Gearbolt
PSX - Resident Evil Survivor (EU and JP versions support light gun)

For the most part, I'm finding that many of the arcade light gun games you'd want to own are available on one console or other. I can't vouch for the quality of all the ports, but the ones I've been playing, like the various Time Crisis and Point Blank games are pretty good. I have zero reason to invest in the arcade versions of any of these games.

That would leave my search for arcade light gun games to be limited to arcade exclusives like CarnEvil and Lost World: Jurassic Park.

Anyone else have an opinion on console light gun games vs arcade?

#2 4 years ago

I LOVE LIGHT GUN GAMES!!!

Besides breaking out all my consoles, guns and games to a tube tv I don't own anymore, emulating the consoles on an lcd with the new lcd light guns seems to be a viable option. Only issue for me is, they are handguns and BBH on pc just isn't as BBH without that shotgun reloading...otherwise I think 99% of the rest would work well with the handguns.

I just broke out the dreamcast the other day

#3 4 years ago

I'm right there with you, the arcade counterparts are much more proprietary and difficult to replace if needed. On the other hand you can find a new console disk gun or CRT if something goes bad in your console setup. I'd like to have one arcade cab light gun game for show but like you said there's a lot of legitimate substitutes for the real thing. I've seen some good repurposed arcade cabs with consoles inside that emulate the arcade experience pretty well if you wanted to consider that route.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

new lcd light guns

I got on board with the AimTraks pretty early on, but I don't find them to be nearly as accurate as I'd expect them to be. They're pretty disappointing to me to the point where I started investing in actual arcade hardware for some arcade light gun games (Atomiswave for Extreme Hunting and PCBs for Point Blank 2 and Area51/Max Force).

Having said that, there's no reason you couldn't mod up a shotgun version of Aimtrak. I installed mine in some Nerf pistols.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

CRT if something goes bad in your console setup.

While still true today (I do see CRTs on Craislist a lot), they are getting harder and harder to find. The planner (read: hoarder) in me wants to buy up a bunch of backups.

On top of that most older consoles can be modified to run backup games and I'm seeing several developments for SD card loaders that are being made for many consoles.

PS2 even has the ability to load games from a hard drive. I imagine a PS2 in an arcade cabinet setup where you turn it on and choose your game without having to switch discs would be pretty awesome. That covers many of the Time Crisis options right there, though I'm guessing you'd have to go out of your way to put together some kind of pedal system as they seem to just have you push a button on the gun.

Console/light gun combos I currently own are:
Dreamcast (I really wish Sega had put out an official gun in the US)
NES
PSX
PS2
Saturn

I'm considering an Xbox gun for HOTD3 and apparently there's a light gun rifle peripheral for the Silent Scope collection on Xbox.

I think there are several Genesis light gun games, but I was never aware of them as a kid. I never had the Super Scope for SNES, either, but was also never aware of anything worth getting for it.

Once you get into PS3 ports and beyond (Time Crisis 4, I believe), they utilize something other than the CRT/Light gun setup. I think it utilizes the PS Move with a sensor thing, so they'd work on LCDs, but I have no idea how accurate they feel.

#6 4 years ago

Oh, and one very surprising discovery I made was that Crypt Killers has a PSX port. I had emulated the arcade version and really wanted to buy the full thing some day. It's awesome to just load up the PSX version and play!

#7 4 years ago

I've got Carnevil and Area 51 / Maximum Force as full arcade machines and I absolutely love them. I find that I don't tend to play as much with the consoles, it just doesn't feel quite as "good" as the machines do. I do heartily recommend the House of the Dead games for the Wii though, with the last one (I forget it's name) being both amazingly awesome and incredibly vulgar, so watch out for that.

Light gun games are probably my favorite type of arcade game. While the components may be expensive, nothing feels quite as good as playing them on the real hardware.... at least to me!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

-PSX Point Blank has an awesome adventure mode that's kind of like an old school RPG where you walk around a map and random enemy encounters are shooting games.

That sounds great!

I think there are several Genesis light gun games, but I was never aware of them as a kid.

Lethal Enforcers was one of the classics. I had a tough time with that game as a kid. They had a second controller that plugged directly into the first via a phone jack. I was going to seek one of those out so I could get some 2 player action going!

I'm considering an Xbox gun

I have a modded xbox with a ton of old roms on it. I wonder if the Xbox gun would work with those old rom titles? I may have to give that a try.

#9 4 years ago

Oh, and one of the biggest disappointments of my video game life was picking up BBH for the PS3. I was expecting the game to have the standard arcade mode, but no such luck. Not only was the gun pretty wonky, but not having the arcade mode made it worthless to me. It would have been so simple to include!! ugh!!!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I have a modded xbox with a ton of old roms on it. I wonder if the Xbox gun would work with those old rom titles? I may have to give that a try.

I do, too. I briefly looked up MAME lightgun support on Xbox, but didn't really come up with anything confirming it exists. It would be so awesome if did work. Even beyond MAME, other console emulators that run on Xbox could use some light gun love.

#11 4 years ago

ps3 time crisis 4 and razing storm with guncon is pretty cool!
amazon.com link »

#12 4 years ago

I would think if you picked up just one spare CRT you'd be set for at least 20 years before both go bad. No need to hoard easier to find and cheaper than nice arcade monitors these days.

#13 4 years ago

They make or you can piece together the rebuild crt kits...so that should help extend the life as well. My only issue is their weight and size..

#14 4 years ago

I got on board with the AimTraks pretty early on, but I don't find them to be nearly as accurate as I'd expect them to be. They're pretty disappointing to me to the point where I started investing in actual arcade hardware for some arcade light gun games (Atomiswave for Extreme Hunting and PCBs for Point Blank 2 and Area51/Max Force).
Having said that, there's no reason you couldn't mod up a shotgun version of Aimtrak. I installed mine in some Nerf pistols.

Yeah, they won't be as accurate, not sure if new ones are better, but they don't really use the actual screen like the old ones did. So they may be off a tad. My wii w/ bbh, hotd and ghost squad was "pretty" good for playing from the couch..

Ghost squad is another fun arcade one. Silent scope though...oh baby....fun

#15 4 years ago

While still true today (I do see CRTs on Craislist a lot), they are getting harder and harder to find. The planner (read: hoarder) in me wants to buy up a bunch of backups.
On top of that most older consoles can be modified to run backup games and I'm seeing several developments for SD card loaders that are being made for many consoles.
PS2 even has the ability to load games from a hard drive. I imagine a PS2 in an arcade cabinet setup where you turn it on and choose your game without having to switch discs would be pretty awesome. That covers many of the Time Crisis options right there, though I'm guessing you'd have to go out of your way to put together some kind of pedal system as they seem to just have you push a button on the gun.
Console/light gun combos I currently own are:
Dreamcast (I really wish Sega had put out an official gun in the US)
NES
PSX
PS2
Saturn
I'm considering an Xbox gun for HOTD3 and apparently there's a light gun rifle peripheral for the Silent Scope collection on Xbox.
I think there are several Genesis light gun games, but I was never aware of them as a kid. I never had the Super Scope for SNES, either, but was also never aware of anything worth getting for it.
Once you get into PS3 ports and beyond (Time Crisis 4, I believe), they utilize something other than the CRT/Light gun setup. I think it utilizes the PS Move with a sensor thing, so they'd work on LCDs, but I have no idea how accurate they feel.

Don't forget the Sega Master system had a gun as well. There was also the "Justifier" pistols for the Konami shooting games, and the cases were based on the arcade guns. Even 3DO had guns (same case as the Konami guns).

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

There was also the "Justifier" pistols for the Konami shooting games

That's the other PSX gun, besides Guncon, right? I really like the original Guncon. I was pleased to find patches for many of the non Guncon games that make them able to be played with the Guncon. Crypt Killers is an example. It'll be more convenient to play all games on one console with the same gun.

Quoted from jorro:

ps3 time crisis 4 and razing storm with guncon is pretty cool!
amazon.com link ยป

Is it accurate enough? I find when I'm dealing with inaccurate tracking systems, I tend to prefer playing with the cross-hairs on, which diminishes the experience.

#17 4 years ago

I swear, I never heard of the master system as a kid. I've never owned one. Did they not market it well?

#18 4 years ago

That's the other PSX gun, besides Guncon, right? I really like the original Guncon. I was pleased to find patches for many of the non Guncon games that make them able to be played with the Guncon. Crypt Killers is an example. It'll be more convenient to play all games on one console with the same gun.

Is it accurate enough? I find when I'm dealing with inaccurate tracking systems, I tend to prefer playing with the cross-hairs on, which diminishes the experience.

Justifier was for the Genesis There were two a blue one and a pink one.

I swear, I never heard of the master system as a kid. I've never owned one. Did they not market it well?

No, they didn't. Very little effort for a console that at the time had more capabilities than the NES.
I have several including a box with a console, Light Phaser (the gun), game cartridge and the 3D glasses (but I'm missing the card that the glasses plug into).

Light Phaser.jpg

#19 4 years ago

I built a MAME arcade about 6-7 years ago and really wanted lightgun support. Took me a long time then to find a good 27" tube that had s-video input to get a decent resolution for it. I had to take the tv apart to get it to fit inside the cabinet, but the end result with a bezel is it looks awesome and just like an arcade.

The guncon2's were the only ones i could find that worked and some random person had built a driver for windows xp. However i Still have to manually built a power circuit to power the gun from the computer power. Took a lot of time and effort but the end result was very nice and it's always a blast to fire up the arcade and some some gun games.

100_0015.jpg

#20 4 years ago

I built a multi gun game that has over 200 games on it using aimtrak from arcadeguns.com. The tv is 43" led tv and I used the extended light sensor from arcadeguns and the accuracy is fantastic. It plays all arcade games + SNES + psx + ps2 + wii gun games all upscaled to today's technology. Way better than using old crt.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I built a MAME arcade about 6-7 years ago and really wanted lightgun support. Took me a long time then to find a good 27" tube that had s-video input to get a decent resolution for it. I had to take the tv apart to get it to fit inside the cabinet, but the end result with a bezel is it looks awesome and just like an arcade.
The guncon2's were the only ones i could find that worked and some random person had built a driver for windows xp. However i Still have to manually built a power circuit to power the gun from the computer power. Took a lot of time and effort but the end result was very nice and it's always a blast to fire up the arcade and some some gun games.

100_0015.jpg

That's pretty awesome! I didn't know Guncon 2 for PC was an option if you're on a CRT! I'll have to look into that.

#22 4 years ago

Buddy of mine built his MAME box using a LCD and one of the newer light gun assemblies, it never worked as well as mine with the CRT and wasn't as accurate.

Just my .02, but none of the new stuff plays the same as the old guns with the old tubes.

I don't even know how many gun games i have... i have like 5,000 arcade games, but then i have pretty much every other system out there running as well. Even all the HOTD variants are working through the appropriate emulators. It's fun, although I feel like Area 51 gets the most play of anything.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

aimtrak from arcadeguns.com.

Unless they've changed something, I had all kinds of accuracy issues with AimTrak. It wouldn't track well for me accurately across the whole screen. There were areas around the edges of the screen where the alignment would get way off and then in the center would be ok.

I would be all for it if it worked better for me. I had lots of games emulating well.

#24 4 years ago

There was a house of the dead game for the Wii that was pretty good.

My FAV arcade light gun game is point blank 2. that thing is fun

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

My FAV arcade light gun game is point blank 2. that thing is fun

You should check out the Playstation versions of Point Blank and Point Blank 2 (there's also a third that I haven't gotten around to trying yet). The graphics are already pixelated, so it's not like the arcade is giving a vastly superior image.

I have the arcade PCB for PB2 for my shooting cabinet and I also have the PSX version. In my opinion, the PSX version is way better. While not as good as the adventure mode on PB1 for PSX, there is an adventure type mode on PB2 where you move around mazes in a first person mode and fights are in the form of the various shooting games.

#26 4 years ago

I'll have to check out PB PSX version, only have played the arcade versions on mine.

#27 4 years ago

Unless they've changed something, I had all kinds of accuracy issues with AimTrak. It wouldn't track well for me accurately across the whole screen. There were areas around the edges of the screen where the alignment would get way off and then in the center would be ok.
I would be all for it if it worked better for me. I had lots of games emulating well.

Agreed. They have changed something. The new arcadeguns build using the larger light bar work fantastic and are super accurate. A couple years ago I also gave up on aimtrak but it's really come a long ways set up this way. You have to be at your minimum distance back. For a 45" tv that's about 7 feet. I have a pedestal based stand for it that enforces where to stand and play and the screen is big enough that it feels fine.

#28 4 years ago

I've just used a ps2 for mine. Got an empty virtua cop cabinet and put that in. Does the job for me. I'm a big fan of time crisis and point blank so they are covered. I have a wii for house of the dead as well but haven't gotten around to putting it in the cab. the wii sucks for gun games though compared to the ps2.

#29 4 years ago

I would emulate arcade games long before I used console version. Arcade ports to consoles within a few years of the arcade version will be lower quality. IE lower resolution think medium resolution vs sdtv and lower quality textures / few polygons. Then you are comparing a console light gun to a dedicated arcade cabinet ie less accurate. A decent pc with mame and a good lightgun setup would be the best of both worlds.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I would emulate arcade games long before I used console version. Arcade ports to consoles within a few years of the arcade version will be lower quality. IE lower resolution think medium resolution vs sdtv and lower quality textures / few polygons. Then you are comparing a console light gun to a dedicated arcade cabinet ie less accurate. A decent pc with mame and a good lightgun setup would be the best of both worlds.

That's funny. A lot of Arcade games share hardware architecture with many home systems. I.E Vs. System and NES, Saturn and Naomi, Point Blank is based on Playstation, and so on. MAME emulation on the other hand isn't really all that great on the other hand, especially in the audio and video end. Many games have very poor audio emulation, and you end up scaling lower resolution video to what ever your PC / Mac is using and it turns out fuzzy.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I would emulate arcade games long before I used console version.

And miss out on any console exclusives and extended modes available in the console version...

I'm telling you, any version of Time Crisis I'm playing on console (PSX and PS2) seems to be a pretty good port with extended modes. Light gun games on PSX and PS2 alone give a pretty good library at a super low cost when compared to a PC or arcade setup. I now have my PS2 booting straight into the game selection screen where the games are played off of the hard drive. This kind of setup would be great in an arcade style cabinet.

PS2 light gun games I've got up and running now:
Time Crisis 2
Time Crisis 3
Crisis Zone
Ninja Assault
Vampire Night
Resident Evil Dead Aim
Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code Veronica
Virtua Cop: Elite Edition
Gunfighter 2: Revenge of Jesse James
Endgame
Death Crimson OX

Some of those are console exclusives, but even if I had the arcade PCBs, swapping between the games would be a huge hassle.

I can't comment on emulation quality of these games in a MAME setup, since I don't currently have a PC up and running for that.

The arcade PCBs I own for my arcade cab are:
Area 51/Max Force (I may try out the PSX versions)
Point Blank 2 (already favor the PSX versions of PB1 and 2)
Atomiswave with Extreme Hunting (Arcade exclusive, but when I did have this emulating on my PC with AimTrak, I didn't end up liking it that much. The arcade version with the shotguns is a far superior experience, in my opinion)

The unfortunate thing with PCB swapping is potential need for monitor tuning. The Atomiswave doesn't look good at the settings used for the other PCBs, so it's not a good candidate for my cab. However, given that it's the only arcade exclusive I have, I may tune the monitor to that and just leave it in the cab and sell off the others.

#32 4 years ago

I love gun games too! The PS2 setup was incredible - but required a CRT as you stated. I need to dig out all my pieces and sell them to someone that can enjoy them.

For those that have a Wii - if you've never played Resident Evil 4, I would highly recommend it. It is hands-down the best light gun game I've ever played. Great story, great controls and super long. You'll get some great adrenaline rushes throughout. And the best part is that it's only $10.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I love gun games too! The PS2 setup was incredible - but required a CRT as you stated. I need to dig out all my pieces and sell them to someone that can enjoy them.
For those that have a Wii - if you've never played Resident Evil 4, I would highly recommend it. It is hands-down the best light gun game I've ever played. Great story, great controls and super long. You'll get some great adrenaline rushes throughout. And the best part is that it's only $10.

If you go the AimTrak route, apparently it's compatible with PS2...
http://www.ultimarc.com/Aimtrak%20PS2%20guide%20v_1.pdf

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

oh man there are a handful of good wii shooter games.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

wii shooter games.

Wouldn't you have to play all of them with the cross-hairs on? That would be my main issue with Wii games.

#36 4 years ago

Wouldn't you have to play all of them with the cross-hairs on? That would be my main issue with Wii games.

Several can be disabled. The house of the deads and ghost hunter.

And miss out on any console exclusives and extended modes available in the console version...
I'm telling you, any version of Time Crisis I'm playing on console (PSX and PS2) seems to be a pretty good port with extended modes. Light gun games on PSX and PS2 alone give a pretty good library at a super low cost when compared to a PC or arcade setup. I now have my PS2 booting straight into the game selection screen where the games are played off of the hard drive. This kind of setup would be great in an arcade style cabinet.
PS2 light gun games I've got up and running now:
Time Crisis 2
Time Crisis 3
Crisis Zone
Ninja Assault
Vampire Night
Resident Evil Dead Aim
Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code Veronica
Virtua Cop: Elite Edition
Gunfighter 2: Revenge of Jesse James
Endgame
Death Crimson OX

These all play perfectly upscaled and anti aliased looking next generation on a decent PC set up running pcsx2. My gun cabinet runs them all on a 45" hdtv. It's a big step up from the old ps2 itself. When the emulation actually improves the game, it's time to dump the physical console.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Several can be disabled. The house of the deads and ghost hunter.

These all play perfectly upscaled and anti aliased looking next generation on a decent PC set up running pcsx2. My gun cabinet runs them all on a 45" hdtv. It's a big step up from the old ps2 itself. When the emulation actually improves the game, it's time to dump the physical console.

markmon
Any way you could send me pics of your gun/arcade cab? Looking to make one for myself after the vpin.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

markmon
Any way you could send me pics of your gun/arcade cab? Looking to make one for myself after the vpin.

I've only got a crappy one when I was still working on it I guess.

image.jpeg

The front screen is the artwork and changes per game based on what you're playing. The back is mounted on a presentation stand. The pedestal enforces the minimum stand distance for the light guns. The pedestal fits the xarcade so well that I didn't even make a control panel for it. I did, however, rewrite the xarcade to use a ps2 iPac to avoid USB enumeration issues with the gun (moving as many devices off the USB bus as possible).

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've only got a crappy one when I was still working on it I guess.
image.jpeg
The front screen is the artwork and changes per game based on what you're playing. The back is mounted on a presentation stand. The pedestal enforces the minimum stand distance for the light guns. The pedestal fits the xarcade so well that I didn't even make a control panel for it. I did, however, rewrite the xarcade to use a ps2 iPac to avoid USB enumeration issues with the gun (moving as many devices off the USB bus as possible).

I setup my friend with an xarcade and retropi (raspberry pi emulator). Do you like the Xarcade controller? It would save me time ...
Why getting away from USB? I haven't tried the light guns yet so I don't know if there are issues.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I setup my friend with an xarcade and retropi (raspberry pi emulator). Do you like the Xarcade controller? It would save me time ...
Why getting away from USB? I haven't tried the light guns yet so I don't know if there are issues.

Xarcade controls are decent enough.

The guns are USB based mice but to support multiple player at the same time, emulators need to read them in raw mode. Windows reenumerates the USB bus every time it boots so you go and configure everything, reboot, and have to reconfigure a bunch of emulators all over again. Moving everything else off the USB bus only provides two devices and really avoids this issue. There is something called controller remap that helps for mame but that solution is only for mame. There are tons of good emulators for light gun games (wii and ps2 are my favorites), ps1, m2, cdi. Avoid this problem by putting your other controls on ps2. IPac based ps2 for keyboard, avoid an iPac that also wants to be a joystick, and a ps2 mouse for trackball.

2 months later
#41 3 years ago

Just saw this thread. Don't count out the Wii.

I have mine softmodded with mame, nes, snes, Genesis, and psx.

The Wii motes work perfect for the shooters.
Turkey shoot and lethal enforcers are great in mame. + you get all the new games like HOD overkill, ghost squad, target terror. Etc.

Also to answer a earlier post. If you have a modded Xbox you can play the emulators like nes. Mame etc with a light gun too.
Original Xbox gun on crts. And aftermarket wireless or wired top guns II or lll on LCD.

3 weeks later
#42 3 years ago

I've just got a ps2 and wii in my cabinet and a CRT. Works ok for me and covers the games I wanted and was very cheap

#43 3 years ago

Arcade games...

Exidy games, the "creme de la creme" in their day of early SS machines in the 1980s.
Crossbow, Combat, Cheyenne, Crackshot, Catch 22, Clay Pigeon, Hit N Miss, Showdown, Who Dunit.
Most have only seen a handful of the Crossbow conversion kits, many were very uncommon.
All these games required skill, and fast hand eye coordination.
The "Holy Grail" was always Chiller, and for good reason.
If you do not know what I am talking about, you are too young to understand.
Check them out.

In the 90s, it was always the "Silent Scope" series, that most will know.
The magnifying "mini" screen was ingenious based on its tracking concept.
The one thing I remember about these particular games was the WEIGHT, even after primary disassembly into two parts.

If you want to go further back...
Early EMs classic was Seeburg 1947 "Shoot the Bear" animated game or much later the 1972 EM Midway game, "Haunted House".

All are better than modern light gun games and makes arcade games like "Lethal Enforcers" look like jokes.

#44 3 years ago

I am very interested in building a shooter cab. I have an original Xbox with coin ops and visionary 5 on it. My biggest concern with the sensor bar guns is the response and snappiness to the aiming. If the cursor lags it will drive me nuts. The arcadeguns.com seem to get great reviews.

#45 3 years ago

Definitely keep us posted if you do that. I'm also skeptical about the sensor guns..

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Early EMs classic was Seeburg 1947 "Shoot the Bear" animated game or much later the 1972 EM Midway game, "Haunted House".
All are better than modern light gun games and makes arcade games like "Lethal Enforcers" look like jokes.

Ray-o-Lite (Seeburg) games like shoot the bear worked the opposite of Video gun games. A light was shot from the rifle to the target that had a light sensitive tube in it to register a hit. A great one was "Coon-Hunt". Two raccoon targets that randomly climbedon one of two sides of a tree. it made a sequel sound when you hit one.

Most rifle games like Haunted house used a stylus running across a contact board on the underside of the panel the rifle was mounted on.

2 weeks later
#47 3 years ago

I prefer the Arcade version. Mostly because its part of the experience with the artwork and actual guns.

Here's a few of mine.

IMG_3595_(resized).JPG

IMG_5146_(resized).JPG

IMG_2441_(resized).JPG

_MG_2078_(resized).JPG

_MG_2093_(resized).JPG

3_(resized).JPG

5_(resized).JPG

#48 3 years ago

Anyone remember Sente's "Night Stocker"? Part driving game part lightgun shooter.

Night_Stocker_(resized).png

If you had a SAC-1 or SAC-1A cabinet, you had to get a kit to rotate the monitor and bezel up 90 degrees so it faced towards you.

#49 3 years ago

Whatever that is, it looks amazing.

#50 3 years ago

Wow you guys are totally introducing games that don't even apply to the topic! Not that I mind. I love seeing some of these I've never heard of.

The topic was about console ports of arcade shooters and comparison between the two.

If you've got a game that wasn't ported to a console, it's a moot point. The arcade version wins!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 4.00
Electronics
Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 15.00
$ 21.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 5,999.99
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.95
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside