(Topic ID: 83957)

Lifting a Stern pro playfield?

By SilverUnicorn

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Okay, I have been in and out of pinball for 27 years now.

Just got in a Stern Avatar Pro for cleaning. Not sure if I am just an idiot, but how do you tilt the playfield back on these? I see the track in the cabinet, and it appears that the pivots on the playfield should catch on the hooks at the end of the track, but damned if I can get them to do that,

Any ideas? What a change from Monopoly and LOTR.

Chris

#2 10 years ago

Does your Pro have the stock pegs? If so, they aren't very useful for lifting/cleaning a PF.

The solution is to buy/install these: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

#3 10 years ago

The tracks do not have a catch like Bally/Williams. It is only a bump. If you pull past the bump the playfield will fall into the cabinet. You pull the playfield gently to the bump. Then tilt the playfield to the backbox.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Okay, I have been in and out of pinball for 27 years now.
Just got in a Stern Avatar Pro for cleaning. Not sure if I am just an idiot, but how do you tilt the playfield back on these? I see the track in the cabinet, and it appears that the pivots on the playfield should catch on the hooks at the end of the track, but damned if I can get them to do that,
Any ideas? What a change from Monopoly and LOTR.
Chris

#5 10 years ago

That video shows how to lift the playfield, which makes it kind of hard to clean the PF

#6 10 years ago

oh sorry. For some reason I was thinking lifting it.

#7 10 years ago

^^^
what DCFAN said

I do really like the old style rails best.

#8 10 years ago

just found out the hard way myself last week. Pulled too far and down in the cabinet the playfield went! Getting ready to put the rails in.

#9 10 years ago

See, in this video, they say to grab the prop rods, and pull until it stops you.......Problem is, it does not stop me. It never catches on the end of the slide rails.

I will try DCFan's method.

Thanks for the replies!
Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lifting-a-stern-pro-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.