(Topic ID: 173873)

Lifting a new Stern Playfield??

By thall17

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I am used to B/W games where you pull out until it locks then push upright. How do you lift a newer Stern (Ghostbusters) to get it where as you can rest it the upright position???

#2 7 years ago

Pull it forward past the hump as far as it goes and swing it up. If you have a pro with the pegs, only set the pegs on the receiver if you want to keep it in the horizontal position.

#3 7 years ago

It is similar to the old games, but without the latches. It really just rests on the side things. So, service position, pull it up and out to rest the crappy rods where the receiver is. To go all the way up, just pull it out farther and up. It will rest against the head.

And going back in, you need to bash it over the stops. So it is a big thump to push it over. It seems violent at first, but you get used to it.

#4 7 years ago

just don't forget to take the balls out before you lift it up !

#5 7 years ago

This video is a little dated, but still helpful.

#6 7 years ago

After you get past the first "hump" pull it out a couple inches more and start lifting up. You'll see where the playfield is on the track. It didn't take me long to drop my first Stern playfield. They're easier to drop than the older B/W games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lifting-a-new-stern-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.