Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by snyper2099
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190109_153308088 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190109_150205_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190109_125721646 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190109_125438038 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

I had some bubbling on my F14. Ended up removing the entire playfield mylar, cleaning, then putting new down. It was my first job so a little rough around the edges, but a vast improvement from purchase condition.

I'm going to attempt a mylar job similar to yours soon. I was thinking about using that tacky spray can stuff from Michael's. I've got a large piece "missing" (a wear hole) with rough edges, and it's peeling up. I'll cut close to where it is still intact, lift and spray some tacky stuff, try to squeegy it flat, then use something heavy to keep it down overnight. Probably won't work, but worth a try.

Good luck!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

How many hours did it take you? I ask because I did the exact same game a few years ago and I swear I had 6-8 hours in that "cleanup", using the goo gone+flour method.

Oh yeah, it was a LONG process. Like you, probably up to 8 hours all told. Glad I did it though.

Like I said, far better than how I received it.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I would not recommend this but hey, it's your game.

Haha, yeah, there's that.
    Like I said, just a thought. Haven't really put too much into it yet.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

If you’re willing to experiment I wish you the best of luck. I imagine that maybe there is something out there but it’s just the trial and error involved that is the barrier of entry preventing people from trying it.
    You might want to contact one of the manufacturers of mylar and ask what glue they use to bond it? Maybe they will have ideas.

Great idea!

I'd be interested in your progress OP. The more knowledge we gain, the better.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lifted-mylar-over-light-inserts?tu=RonSS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.