Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by flipnout1
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3EADFC39-C2F4-494F-87E3-B47C12D4404B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7983 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_7981 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_7984 (resized).JPEG
    311289FA-E539-45C8-85E0-0EBCFF63A5F9 (resized).jpeg
    173FBE2F-29D1-4FEE-82EB-57628E8404C6 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_5979 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4174 (resized).jpg
    TNT Brochure JPG (resized).JPG
    TNT Brochure Colors JPG (resized).JPG
    There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

That sounds way more reasonable for this product. 3k is a lot for a product that is targeted to a small group of people. And I would say it is even more limited to people with large collections or route ops. Are people with 3-6 machines going to buy a 3k tool they will use once a year and already have a staircat? Looks like that is required unless you only have a nice flat surface to move them around using the table. The staircat has uses for multi industry and is cheaper and imo is a more complex machine.

Something is WAY off in the price discrepancy for this product. Not only did Escalera quote me 3K for the Tilt & Truck, they also wanted an additional $370 to ship to the east coast.

Hopefully this gets sorted soon, as I really would like to purchase one (at < $2000)

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Something is WAY off in the price discrepancy for this product. Not only did Escalera quote me 3K for the Tilt & Truck, they also wanted an additional $370 to ship to the east coast.
    Hopefully this gets sorted soon, as I really would like to purchase one (at < $2000)

Bought my Staircat through Zach, as referenced in previous posts. He was great and, if i recall, quoted me slightly better than what was advertised by Escalera. Sure he could clear up the pricing.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goyomex:

Bought my Staircat through Zach, as referenced in previous posts. He was great and, if i recall, quoted me slightly better than what was advertised by Escalera. Sure he could clear up the pricing.

Zach quoted me similar. I'm sure he is just passing on the information he received from Escalera. Hoping Escalera comes to their senses.

#54 1 year ago

Also - are the Omni-Directional Wheels going to work on carpet with 200 lbs on the table that probably also weights at least 50 lbs? Most collections are sitting on carpet.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from TimS3484:

They are NOT $3000.00.

Sure would be nice if they'd just *tell people what their product costs* and eliminate the possibility of wrong information spreading around.

No doubt they have some reason but from where I sit, not being able to look up the product and know if it's a yes or no for me based on price is pretty annoying.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Sure would be nice if they'd just *tell people what their product costs* and eliminate the possibility of wrong information spreading around.
    No doubt they have some reason but from where I sit, not being able to look up the product and know if it's a yes or no for me based on price is pretty annoying.

Chrizg posted the current correct pricing. Here it is again

TNT-1 : Tilt&Truck™ Lift Table, PRO
    Hammertone Grey Table / Black Legs, 1 pair Omni-Directional Wheels
    $2744.00

TNT-2 : Tilt&Truck™ Lift Table, PREMIUM
    Hammertone Grey Table / Black Legs, 2 pair Omni-Directional Wheels, Slick Sticks
    $2999.00

TNT-3 : Tilt&Truck™ Lift Table, CUSTOM
    Custom Powder Coat Table & Legs, 2 pair Omni-Directional Wheels, Slick Sticks
    $3275.00*
    (*TNT-3 price is for pre-selected color choices. See brochure. Optional color choices are available for additional cost. Speak to your Escalera sales representative for more details.)

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Chrizg posted the current correct pricing. Here it is again
    TNT-1 : Tilt&Truck™ Lift Table, PRO
    Hammertone Grey Table / Black Legs, 1 pair Omni-Directional Wheels
    $2744.00
    TNT-2 : Tilt&Truck™ Lift Table, PREMIUM
    Hammertone Grey Table / Black Legs, 2 pair Omni-Directional Wheels, Slick Sticks
    $2999.00
    TNT-3 : Tilt&Truck™ Lift Table, CUSTOM
    Custom Powder Coat Table & Legs, 2 pair Omni-Directional Wheels, Slick Sticks
    $3275.00*
    (*TNT-3 price is for pre-selected color choices. See brochure. Optional color choices are available for additional cost. Speak to your Escalera sales representative for more details.)

I wonder if the first prices posted were just the dealer / distributor invoice prices and the new ones are end customer prices.

#58 1 year ago

I have always wanted a stair cat and this table is also awesome but I only own two machines and don't move them much, however, stairs are a giant pain when/if I ever do. Outside of business needs, how did you justify the costs? No brainer for businesses but don't see unless you have a mega collection or move them alot unsure how a pleb like me can see the value.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from precisionk:

I have always wanted a stair cat and this table is also awesome but I only own two machines and don't move them much, however, stairs are a giant pain when/if I ever do. Outside of business needs, how did you justify the costs? No brainer for businesses but don't see unless you have a mega collection or move them alot unsure how a pleb like me can see the value.

I'm getting older and it's getting more difficult to move my games up and down stairs. It's also harder to find able-bodied friends to assist.

I also use the StairCat to move other heavy things, like my older washer and dryer that recently died.

Yes, it is pricey, but I do use it somewhat often, so I feel the expense was justified.

#60 1 year ago

And I bought mine used and can always sell it for what I paid for it. Using it basically for free. Of course you have to tie up a chunk of money while you have it.

#61 1 year ago

FlipNOut has posted official pricing through their website.

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/escalera-stairclimbers

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from La4s:

FlipNOut has posted official pricing through their website.
    https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/escalera-stairclimbers
    [quoted image]

Looks like my HF lift table isn't going anywhere.

#63 1 year ago

I thought the premiums were supposed to be around $1800...WTF???

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now we know what the distributors are paying wholesale for them?

#65 1 year ago

Yeah $3K for this is pretty rich.
    And upcharging for “slick sticks”, an option that should be baseline, is pretty irritating.

I do pinball work for a living and write off lots of pin related expenses but I can’t justify that kind of coin. I’m not getting rich doing this stuff, I’ll tell you for sure.

Perhaps they have to charge that much in order for it to be profitable, but they also know they are selling to a niche “hobby” where guys routinely fall all over themselves to shell out 5 figures for the latest shiny object, so I have to wonder at their price point. If it cost $2k it would give me a long pause but it would have crossed over into the “discuss this with the wife” category. Instead it’s in the “no way” category.

I’ve got a HF 1-Ton lift that leaks fluid, but at this point I’m inclined to ask a mechanic friend if he can fix it and in the meantime buy a $400 pinball lift. I don’t encounter stairs in my work and can load and unload from my van into my shop without spending half what my spray booth cost me to set up.

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yup. Went from my wish list to my can do without list.

LTG : )

#67 1 year ago

NEW PINBALL PRODUCT: Tilt & Truck Pinball Table by Escalera

Zach shows off Escalera's new MUST HAVE pinball product. The Tilt & Truck Pinball Table makes setting up, breaking down, loading, and unloading a pinball machine a breeze. Your collection deserves the Tilt & Truck Pinball Table. Get rid of your cheap broken down hydraulic lift table that leaks fluid everywhere and replace it with this!

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from La4s:

Now we know what the distributors are paying wholesale for them?

The 1800 price point was special pre-production orders at IAAPA last year to get some of the product into the market to get the word out. Price is 2800/3000 as posted. I mentioned that the 3k price point will make it a hard sell to the general community and it might be limited to people with large collections/route op which would further limit the demand of the product. I think it looks like a awesome tool, but 3k + ship is just too much and I could use one with 70+ pins on route. The omni directional wheels are not tested for use on carpet with 200lbs on the table and most collections are sitting on carpet. 1800 shipped would be a insta buy but maybe will do the 3k at some point in the future.

#69 1 year ago

Man I got excited with the video. Couldn’t move pins without my stair climbing dolly. This looked like it would be less money maybe $1500. For $3k idk prob stay with my $200 lift cart.
    For a pinball company this is a no brained but they are priced too high for most individuals. I’d say $2000

#70 1 year ago

I think the normal pinball person is just not the target audience. Large operators, tournament locations and some collectors with collections sizes North of 25 machines.
    For the rest, it's directly competing with $150 HF lift table.
    Same way that most people don't own the stair climber either.
    I bought the stair climber, and if I had the money, I probably would buy it, cause I'm a sucker for gadgets, and it's a cool one at that.

#71 1 year ago

I own the Staircat and love it. I watched the video and before I even got to the price discussion posts, I had decided I would buy it if $2k or less.

I could even justify $2500 shipped I guess - but $3k + ship is just insane.

Sorry Escalera, you missed the pricing mark.

#72 1 year ago

I am with the group that the price is steep. If this table potentially prevents me from lifting a pin awkwardly and allows for easier unpacking and packing of machines I am in. I work in the world of spine and believe me it is one structure you want to do everything in your power to preserve. I just ordered mine and will report back after use.

#73 1 year ago

Yes it is pricey and the owner at Escalera hates that it cannot be priced cheaper. They are really good people over there and they care enough about pinball people to make a dedicated device/tool just for us. This is not their target industry, but they do everything they can to support our heavy hobby needs haha. And the owner is a pinball fan. Escalera was at the Louisville Show a couple of weeks ago to chat with people and talk with Flip N Out Pinball about the new Tilt & Truck Pinball Table.

Just like their Staircat, it's pricey and not viable financially for everyone, and there is nothing wrong with that. There are more than one way to skin a pinball machine. But many of us have tons of money wrapped up in our pinball and arcade collections, not to mention my dumb ass buying every expensive topper that's released, that $2999 is pretty relative considering everything.

The biggest advantages for this new product that I see as a hobbyist
    - Much better design than the alternatives
    - Easier to move games in tight spaces where moving sideways is a life-saver
    - Much easy to load and take with ya on the road to pick up a game or setup/break down a game
    - Much better for your back and body (Especially when using my little trick to prevent any bending at all)
    - Very cool addition to the arsenal if you have a Staircat
    - You like rotating games in your collection
    - Easier to store when not in use

So far, they are selling well. If you have any questions, please let us know.

[email protected]

#74 1 year ago

I saw Zach’s video last night and was really impressed. Planned on texting him this morning for cost and then stumbled upon this thread first. 3k is much too steep. Then considering another $2700 to pair it with a stair climber. I was imagining this table being half the cost of the stair climber but was way off. For me, I’m thinking purchasing the $1200 stair climber on Amazon with a HF table and 4k cost savings in my pocket.

Unfortunate as this is an awesome looking tool for our hobby but certainly doesn’t seem to justify the price. To each their own of course.

#75 1 year ago

Guess I will stick to my $250 Harbor Freight table cart

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #76 1 year ago
    Quoted from DoCPooF:

Guess I will stick to my $250 Harbor Freight table cart [quoted image]

nothing wrong with that, I used one for a while before this came out.

#77 1 year ago

We need to see what Escalara would charge to produce a Skill Roll.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

- Much easy to load and take with ya on the road to pick up a game or setup/break down a game
    - Easier to store when not in use

Could you possibly expand on these points, relative to the HF 500 lb cart?

It looks like this is roughly the same weight (80 lbs or so?), but much longer. Does it fold flatter? Does the shape make it easier to load into a vehicle?

On the second point, this looks to be about a foot longer than a game, so you can't store it underneath, right? This does look easier if you're the kind of person that doesn't want anything under their games.

#79 1 year ago

Has anyone tested this on carpet yet?

#80 1 year ago

Wow, $3k, is this the CE model? Is there a standard model around $2k I can buy instead…. Priced out another customer yet again

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yup. Went from my wish list to my can do without list.

I hear ya. Was considering one but out of budget.

#82 1 year ago

Does anyone know if Escalera is releasing a power wheel attachment for this? I could kind of use it to get up hill..

#83 1 year ago

I've been eyeing the pinball lifts sold via Twisted Quarter for a while now - does anyone on this thread have experience with them?
    I like my inexpensive Harbor Freight lift cart pretty well, but naturally it has now developed a slow leak and urinates hydraulic fluid on my shop floor

The frame of the updated pinball lifts looks pretty rugged. I much prefer using my lift table to the old style pinball lifts with their rickety wheels, especially when it comes to rolling a machine over the threshold the larger wheels make for less bounce. If the newer design is closer to the feel of the HF lift *and* can easily move a machine from in front, *and* can be stored underneath a machine when not needed, that would be a winner for me.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from sethbenjamin:

I've been eyeing the pinball lifts sold via Twisted Quarter for a while now - does anyone on this thread have experience with them?
    I like my inexpensive Harbor Freight lift cart pretty well, but naturally it has now developed a slow leak and urinates hydraulic fluid on my shop floor
    The frame of the updated pinball lifts looks pretty rugged. I much prefer using my lift table to the old style pinball lifts with their rickety wheels, especially when it comes to rolling a machine over the threshold the larger wheels make for less bounce. If the newer design is closer to the feel of the HF lift *and* can easily move a machine from in front, *and* can be stored underneath a machine when not needed, that would be a winner for me.

I didn't even know that place exists and it's not very far from me.

#85 1 year ago

Does anyone who owns one of these lift tables... Do you know what type of Dewalt battery it takes?

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Does anyone who owns one of these lift tables... Do you know what type of Dewalt battery it takes?

mine uses the 20v batttery that is on all my dewalt tools

#87 1 year ago

My brother was able to borrow one to move his games at tpf. He said he almost tipped it over a few times because of the carpet. The carpet in the hall isn't even thick carpet. So if you have carpet this is probably a no go

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

My brother was able to borrow one to move his games at tpf. He said he almost tipped it over a few times because of the carpet. The carpet in the hall isn't even thick carpet. So if you have carpet this is probably a no go

man that sucks I was hoping to use this in my carpeted basement to start moving around my collection
    Oh well, at least I can use it to setup and break down machinse I guess.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinball_ric:

You absolutely can use it on carpet. Just have to lower the table down some so its not so top heavy and be careful on thick carpet. Obviously it will not roll as well as on a hard surface but to say it doesn't work is not correct.

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from rrosenhouse:

I just got a quote from Escalera and from FlipinOut and they both quoted me $2999 for the Premium. Not sure what happened to justify a $1000 bump. I find it hard to believe these are more expensive than the stair climbing hand trucks.

These are marketed specifically to the pinball crowd, and if we’re known for anything, it’s that we’re extremely eager beavers when it comes to handing out absurd sums of money for pretty much anything. From a business perspective, I reckon they’d be dumb to NOT take advantage of that.

As for me, I’m holding out for the signed LE model of the lift table.

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

These are marketed specifically to the pinball crowd

None on display or to try out at TPF

#92 1 year ago

Do they make one that looks like a tank and comes with a lunch box?

#93 1 year ago

$3k is too much for me. Plus, my gameroom is carpeted and I don't want to deal with herky jerky rolling of this cart loaded with a 200 lb+ pinball. Looks like a great idea in general but not quite there for me.

I like the big wooden wheel contraption that raises and lowers the rear of a pin using a built in car jack and electric drill. I missed out on one for sale back at Pinfest 2021. But for the hundred or two that they sell for, that thing does all I need for way way less. Anybody building and selling them? I'm in for one if you are!

#94 1 year ago

I just received ours ans so far everything looks fine. My only question is : what is the white button for?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #95 1 year ago
    Quoted from W1zardlou:

I just received ours ans so far everything looks fine. My only question is : what is the white button for?
    [quoted image]

Can't help you with the white button.

Can you tell me when you ordered it?

#96 1 year ago

Always enjoy when I stop by a guys house and they have like 75-150 K in pins and they comment that the stair climber is 'too' expensive or a lift table is way overpriced... lol

cuz' blowing your back out or some other crimpling injury from moving 400 lb games is sooo much more effective and cheaper.

It's the price of a topper or a few ramps and playfields these days which everyone has lying around.

If you bought a stair climber or lift table and sold it later used, you 'might' lose a few hundred bucks at most.

Now if you have a $500 Raven and 2 other EM's, your choice to not own one is a sensible one.

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from W1zardlou:

[quoted image]

Does it have a breaker and that’s the reset or emergency release button?
    How do you like it for the money?

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from W1zardlou:

what is the white button for?

Raise the table up a little and press it and see. Maybe an emergency stop ? Room service ?

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from W1zardlou:

[quoted image]

DON'T TOUCH THAT BUTTON!!!!! Just kidding, I have no idea what it's for but I like @LTG's suggestion that maybe it calls room service.

#100 1 year ago

I think it is a protective feature that won't let it close all the way until that button is held to keep from crushing hands/fingers....looking into these as well.

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lift-table-by-escalera-info-for-escalera-tilt-amp-truck-lift-table/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.