View topic image gallery

Gilligans_Original.png
Gilligans.png
IMG_1088_(resized).JPG
IMG_1089_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Lift ramp needed

Added: 2016-04-10 21:29:53 UTC • Ended: July 18th, 2016

Price

Wanted

In desperate need of the lift ramp in decent shape. None available online unless you want to buy the whole set......

Thanks,
Charlie

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Fishbeadtwo's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Fishbeadtwo's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Seattle, WA, US

#2 8 years ago

Do you just need the plastic part of the assembly?

#4 8 years ago

Ramp has been replaced with better than new material! Freeplay 40 fabricated a new one today and it works great! 5 star fabrication and super great guy!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5 8 years ago

That's awsome, good job freeplay40..

#6 8 years ago

I do believe these may be available in the near future if others need them!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I do believe these may be available in the near future if others need them!

I'll be needing one for my restore. Mike

#9 8 years ago

I could use a spare one.
How much would one of these cost?

#10 8 years ago

Let me put a couple together to see how much is involved. Expect I would not provide the upper hinge, just the plastic which would be Lexan, the metal pieces on the left and new flap....basically just what Fishbeadtwo shows above in his hand.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Let me put a couple together to see how much is involved. Expect I would not provide the upper hinge, just the plastic which would be Lexan, the metal pieces on the left and new flap....basically just what Fishbeadtwo shows above in his hand.

Put me on the list also, Thanks

#12 8 years ago

I need one also, mine cracked a few weeks ago. Freeplay40 is our savior!

1 week later
#13 7 years ago

Any updates on pricing/availability of the lift ramp?

#14 7 years ago

Me too! My ramp is beat to he'll.

#15 7 years ago

I purchased some polycarbonate to make these and should get to them in the next few days. Currently painting a Fathom and trying to keep dust in the shop to a minimum. As far as pricing with new flap and metal lift assembly installed... (no new hinge) I expect they will be $40-$45 plus shipping.

#16 7 years ago

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

#17 7 years ago

How much for just the plastic ramp and the flap? My other parts are fine. FYI I would need two, since I am 99% sure the part is the same on Gilligans.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

How much for just the plastic ramp and the flap? My other parts are fine. FYI I would need two, since I am 99% sure the part is the same on Gilligans.

Let me see how long it takes me to make them... Probably half the cost. Can you rivet the lift pieces on?

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Let me see how long it takes me to make them... Probably half the cost. Can you rivet the lift pieces on?

Yup, got a few friends with rivet presses

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Yup, got a few friends with rivet presses

Nice. I offer assembly services to those that are not set up to do riveting. Highly recommend either learning or having access to someone who can do riveting. I use both a rivet press and a hand held roll over punch for the places the press can't get to. I built my press from a Harbor Freight press and rivet dies from Hanson Rivets. Just need to be set up to do a little drilling and you can be good to go for around $100.

#21 7 years ago

I'm in for one as well.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

As far as pricing with new flap and metal lift assembly installed... (no new hinge) I expect they will be $40-$45 plus shipping

I'm in too

#23 7 years ago

I'm in also LMK I have no ramp at all.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I'm in also LMK I have no ramp at all.

Do you have the hinge at the top of the lift ramp?????

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Do you have the hinge at the top of the lift ramp?????

No I do not have the hinge. I was going to fabricate one out of a piano hinge.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

No I do not have the hinge. I was going to fabricate one out of a piano hinge.

OK then...Got you on the list! Finishing painting a Fathom cabinet right now and will get on these as soon as the paint dries!

#27 7 years ago

Please put me on the list for 2 of these.
Thanks!!!!!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK then...Got you on the list!

Put me on there too... please.

#29 7 years ago

Thanks for tackling this. Pinbits used to carry the part, but have been out of stock forever, and have never replied to emails asking about when they would be back in stock

#30 7 years ago

Please put me on the list for one. No upper hinge needed. Thank you for doing this.

#31 7 years ago

Just a bump to let everyone know I have started making these and will post photos yet this evening. I will offer this in two ways. If you are set up to do your own riveting, you can transfer the upper plate and lower arm containment pieces from your old ramp to the new ramp. Both offers will come with a new flap installed. I made these out of a thicker (1/8") piece of polycarbonate (Lexan), so they should last a very long time. The thicker plastic will not affect the fit but does give the hinge support more meat. The upper metal and lower containment pieces I can provide are stainless steel.

Complete unit will be $45
Without the upper metal and lower are containment piece will be $25

Shipping/handling will be $5

Photos after I make tacos for dinner!

#32 7 years ago

Just to be clear, I am not providing the hinge for the ramp. The new ramp will be pre-drilled to attach to your existing hinge. I have enough stock to cover everyone who indicated interest. As far as any additional, I will make more later if there are requests, but only going to play with this one for a few days right now so I can get back to the Hurricane center ramp and continue the build on my new machine.

If you want one of these, send payment via Paypal to [email protected]

BE SURE I GET YOUR ADDRESS.

IMG_1089_(resized).JPGIMG_1089_(resized).JPG

IMG_1088_(resized).JPGIMG_1088_(resized).JPG

#33 7 years ago

There was at least one request internationally and as soon as I can get a domestic shipment to the Post Office I will communicate directly on international shipping expense.

#34 7 years ago

Pmt sent. Maybe another, as I think it might work for Gilligan's too, and can let you know

#35 7 years ago

Payment sent for two with metal.

#36 7 years ago

Payment sent. Thanks!

#37 7 years ago

Payment sent, Thanks Freeplay40 for doing this.

Brett

#38 7 years ago

I'm in. Thanks Mike

#39 7 years ago

Hope I got payment in on time before it sold out

#40 7 years ago

Hi Mike, if you do another run of these , can you put me down for one complete ramp? thanks

#41 7 years ago

Seriously!!??? Of course these come out right after I just overpaid for one. I had no idea that these were in the works.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Seriously!!??? Of course these come out right after I just overpaid for one. I had no idea that these were in the works.

This one happened pretty quickly. Did one for the Seattle Pinball Museum a couple weeks ago and others indicated interest so I made some more.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Hi Mike, if you do another run of these , can you put me down for one complete ramp? thanks

I'll make you one. Shipping/handling to Canada is $12

#44 7 years ago

57USD PayPal payment sent, thanks Mike. Please send USPS, always the cheapest fees for us Canadians

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

57USD PayPal payment sent, thanks Mike. Please send USPS, always the cheapest fees for us Canadians

USPS for sure!

#46 7 years ago

Hi Freeplay40. I actually need one for Gilligan's as well and not Whirlwind. I apologize if you have already cut one for me already for Whirlwind. I don't have a Whirlwind lift ramp to compare, but looking closer at the photos in this thread and comparing with my Gilligan's lift ramp there may be enough subtle differences in width (GI appears thinner width-wise based visually on the photos), spacing and distance of the holes that they may not be exactly compatible. On Gilligan's the upper plate / lower arm containment pieces appear closer to the ramp flap than on Whirlwind. I took some measurements and included a photo below. Would it be possible for you to fab one based on these measurements? I think dsuperbee expressed interest in one for Gilligan's as well. Thank you for all you have done!

Gilligans.pngGilligans.png

#47 7 years ago

Here is the same photo without all the lines and measurements. Both of the side edges are straight on my GI lift ramp and doesn't appear to have that slight curved edge that Whirlwind has. I'm not sure if leaving a curved edge for GI would impede the ramp from going up and down. Also, the lift ramp plastic on GI appears to be at a slight angle like a parallelogram / rhombus on the top and bottom edge, which is a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea. You can tell as the ramp flap does not meet the upper plate / containment piece at exact right angles. I think even the ramp flap itself isn't even symmetrical on GI. It is ever so slightly skewed to one side in order to follow the angle of the ramp and metal channels on either side of it.

Gilligans_Original.pngGilligans_Original.png

#48 7 years ago

Let me reach out locally to see if anyone has a GI that would let me borrow for just a bit to make one. I fabricated the first one for the Pinball Museum in just a couple hours.

#49 7 years ago

Thank you so much! You sir, are the best!

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from kungfucop:

Thank you so much! You sir, are the best!

If I do make these, are you coming to the NW Pinball show? I could drag my feet a little and give it to you at the show.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lift-ramp-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.