Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pbpins
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B58072AC-CFEF-4AF4-93C5-2912334CBE6C (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Colsond3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

List of non-working project pinball machines.
    Tales from the Crypt, Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Gilligan’s Island, Independence Day, Corvette – no playfield, Star Wars, Road Show (3), NBA Jams – no playfield, Dracula, WWF, Fish Tails, Tommy (2), Rocky & Bullwinkle, Jurassic Park Lost World, 8-Ball Deluxe, Twister, Doctor Who – Body, High Speed, Sharp Shooter – Body, Star Trek – Body, Pin Bot, Last Action Hero, Party Zone – Body, Secret Service, Star Wars, Surfin Safari, T2 Judgement Day, Who Done It, Lethal Weapon, Rescue 911, Judge Dredd – playfield, The Shadow – No Playfield, Rocky & Bullwinkle – Body, Hurricane, Getaway, Last Action Hero, Fish Tails, Jurassic Park Lost World, Judge Dredd, Silverball, Lethal Weapon, Roadshow, Dracula, Dirty Harry, Dixieland, Demo Man, Surfin Safari, Space Jam, Road King, High Flyer, Nashville, Tommy, El Dorado, Dealer Last Action.

Holy shite!

#55 5 years ago

I don’t know...Fish Tales, Star Wars, TFTC, Frank and some other good title projects for under $500 (of course plus the fees and taxes) doesn’t seem that bad to me at all.

If I went, I would’ve grabbed one of those just the shove in the back corner and slowly put it back together, even if it took a year or two. Could’ve been done for around 1500 total to at least have a players game.

Skip probably has every part you would need in his basement.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Many were missing expensive or impossible to get parts i believe......

Not if you’ve seen Skip’s basement. LOL. Some of them will come up over time, or will be reproduced.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah I wish I could have gone also. Contrary to what some are saying I thought a lot of the basket case projects went for good prices. I picked up my Stargate that way a couple years ago for only a couple hundred. Was missing lots of stuff off playfield and a few impossible to get parts. Made a list of parts needed and put it in storage. Found most the parts last year. I now have less then $800 in it. Works and plays great.

I agree 100%. I would’ve snagged up two or three of them. Especially for what those titles are going for these days. Even if you end up spending 2K on one of them in the long run you still made out like a bandit.

2 weeks later
    #75 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

So its' ok to be an ass as long as it's someone we don't know?
    I think you missed the whole point... just don't leap to being an ass.

Like picking up someone’s game and dropping it in a hotel room, or dismantling their game to pilfer the power cord without asking...

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Wow, just don't join the price police force!

Quoted from flynnibus:

don’t leap first and then blame others when you’re wrong.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Again to @seymorgoldfarbjr sorry that I mistook your ad as a flipper and with what you’ve posted I wish you the best of luck on your sale. My comment was never a personal attack on you and I hope you can understand the difference between here and Craigslist as I’m sure you’ve seen posts on there too that turned out to be much different than they initially seemed.

Cut the guy a break. He apologized.

If you want to split hairs...problems I have with the ad? Two.

I laugh how people add gas, tolls, hotels, breakfast, lunch, Wawa or 7-11 stops, new tires if needed before the trip, oil changes, etc. Those are not costs figured into a game’s price. I tell my close friends that all the time. Your costs to acquire a game doesn’t make the game worth any more or less...well, other than to you. Even shipping included. It is your choice to have a game shipped to you, and doesn’t make the game any more valuable.

I can honestly say I have never once charged for any of those expenses when figuring the price of a game I’ve sold.

Second, you’ve been on Pinside for six years, and obviously know how to fix games but you still listed the board set as untested. That doesn’t even make sense to me. Whether you are a good guy or not, I find it hard to believe you didn’t try to juice the game on or at least give it a good once over. Don’t have a meter?

Despite all that, I think this game at 1400 might still be reasonable, assuming it has no water damage and isn’t a complete shit show.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Have you ever had to defend against people trying to call you a dirty flipper?

Actually this one time…at band camp…

Have I sold games for more money then I bought them for? Sure. I worked on them, got them working, and cleaned them at least. Project games are a different animal.

There are games that can be saved, and then games like at this auction where every unobtainium part has been stripped off of it, and most likely the game is only a parts game if that.

And I myself as far as I know, have never sold a board as “non-tested”. I either say it’s working or it doesn’t. I either test it on a bench or in a game. That was one of my points. I’ve snagged plenty of boards off of fleaBay that were listed as “un-tested”, and when it arrived it had a ton of corrosion and was pretty much scrap. A few crappy pics can go a long way.

Oh, and the IHOP breakfast cost added into the game.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's not mentioned in the ad. You might want to include that bit of info.
    Luckily: https://ksarcade.net/new-transformer-5610-13491-00.html
    That still wouldn't dissuade me too much, though...
    [edit]: And the left wire ramp: http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/ramps/ramps-metal/12-7097.html
    Scoops: https://mantispinball.com/product-category/star-trek-the-next-generation/

If the game is still available...
    B58072AC-CFEF-4AF4-93C5-2912334CBE6C (resized).pngB58072AC-CFEF-4AF4-93C5-2912334CBE6C (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Colsond3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lifetime-pinball-amp-video-game-collection-auction-in-central-pa-09-08?tu=Colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.