Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pbpins
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B58072AC-CFEF-4AF4-93C5-2912334CBE6C (resized).png
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Huge arcade game auction coming Saturday Sept 8th in Quarryville, PA.
    3164 White Oak Rd 3164 White Oak Rd
    Quarryville, PA 17566
    Sat Sep 8, 10 am - 5 pm
    Billed as "Lifetime Pinball, Arcade & Video Machine Collection"
    9 working pins and over 2 dozen projects plus many parts. They have some going as online auction and the rest as regular auction. To view all items scroll down the page to see the list. Note: not all are listed in the online auction tab.
    Go to the web page and select the Lifetime Pinball, Arcade & Video Machine Collection auction
    http://paauctioncenter.com/upcoming-auctions/4189046

#2 5 years ago

List of working machines.
    World Cup Soccer, Star Wars, Getaway, Dirty Harry, Black Knight, Paragon, Sharky Pinball, Addams Family, South Park.

#3 5 years ago

Wow... alot of projects .... illl try to make it but probably have to work

#5 5 years ago

Dang, a doctor who but it's just the cab..

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow... alot of projects .... illl try to make it but probably have to work

Same here. I have to work and then go to my buddies 50th birthday party. Wanted to checkout the EBD project since I have an 84 I want to convert to a 81 cab. But couldn't miss my friends B-day party.

#7 5 years ago

Make sure you scroll down the page to see complete list of games and not just hit the Online auction tab. Only a few are listed there.

#8 5 years ago

List of non-working project pinball machines.
    Tales from the Crypt, Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Gilligan’s Island, Independence Day, Corvette – no playfield, Star Wars, Road Show (3), NBA Jams – no playfield, Dracula, WWF, Fish Tails, Tommy (2), Rocky & Bullwinkle, Jurassic Park Lost World, 8-Ball Deluxe, Twister, Doctor Who – Body, High Speed, Sharp Shooter – Body, Star Trek – Body, Pin Bot, Last Action Hero, Party Zone – Body, Secret Service, Star Wars, Surfin Safari, T2 Judgement Day, Who Done It, Lethal Weapon, Rescue 911, Judge Dredd – playfield, The Shadow – No Playfield, Rocky & Bullwinkle – Body, Hurricane, Getaway, Last Action Hero, Fish Tails, Jurassic Park Lost World, Judge Dredd, Silverball, Lethal Weapon, Roadshow, Dracula, Dirty Harry, Dixieland, Demo Man, Surfin Safari, Space Jam, Road King, High Flyer, Nashville, Tommy, El Dorado, Dealer Last Action.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

List of non-working project pinball machines.
    Tales from the Crypt, Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Gilligan’s Island, Independence Day, Corvette – no playfield, Star Wars, Road Show (3), NBA Jams – no playfield, Dracula, WWF, Fish Tails, Tommy (2), Rocky & Bullwinkle, Jurassic Park Lost World, 8-Ball Deluxe, Twister, Doctor Who – Body, High Speed, Sharp Shooter – Body, Star Trek – Body, Pin Bot, Last Action Hero, Party Zone – Body, Secret Service, Star Wars, Surfin Safari, T2 Judgement Day, Who Done It, Lethal Weapon, Rescue 911, Judge Dredd – playfield, The Shadow – No Playfield, Rocky & Bullwinkle – Body, Hurricane, Getaway, Last Action Hero, Fish Tails, Jurassic Park Lost World, Judge Dredd, Silverball, Lethal Weapon, Roadshow, Dracula, Dirty Harry, Dixieland, Demo Man, Surfin Safari, Space Jam, Road King, High Flyer, Nashville, Tommy, El Dorado, Dealer Last Action.

Holy shite!

#10 5 years ago

I take it you didn’t scroll down the page. There’s more stuff too.

#11 5 years ago

Damn, those are more than "project" machines. Most are missing the DMD, boards, translite and major topside mechs. Who knows what's been stripped from underneath, but I'd expect a lot of missing coils for starters.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Damn, those are more than "project" machines. Most are missing the DMD, boards, translite and major topside mechs. Who knows what's been stripped from underneath, but I'd expect a lot of missing coils for starters.

Basket cases. . .

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Basket cases. . .

It's more than that. Clearly every game was stripped of every valuable part already. Someone would pay way more getting one of these stripped "project" machines fully working than buying a working machine.

Twister is missing the Twister mech. Frankenstein is missing Frankenstein. Corvette is missing the Corvette engine and cars. Judge Dredd is missing the Dreadworld. Star Wars is missing everything. ID 4 missing the Alien mechs, etc.

Every project game has been picked clean from the topside and backbox. Under the playfield will be too. "Box of parts" is a more apt description.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

It's more than that. Clearly every game was stripped of every valuable part already. Someone would pay way more getting one of these stripped "project" machines fully working than buying a working machine.
    Twister is missing the Twister mech. Frankenstein is missing Frankenstein. Corvette is missing the Corvette engine and cars. Judge Dredd is missing the Dreadworld. Star Wars is missing everything. ID 4 missing the Alien mechs, etc.
    Every project game has been picked clean from the topside and backbox. Under the playfield will be too. "Box of parts" is a more apt description.

SO which one of the WPC games has the closest cab to a Funhouse? I need a new head. Looks like all the WPC games are picked clean.

#15 5 years ago

Its like going to a junkyard. You won't be lucky. All the parts everyone needs are gone. Or parts you cant find.

#16 5 years ago

Wow, not much worth going for. Those are a bunch of parts machines that were stripped of what’s worth stripping.

#17 5 years ago

I'm still waiting to see what the EBD looks like. I'd be interested if it's an 81.

#18 5 years ago

These mostly look like donor machines to me.
    All of them seem pretty stripped down as others have noted.
    Hopefully the prices will reflect their current state and condition.
    That probably won't happen

#19 5 years ago

Yeah, 'projects' is a misnomer here. those are parts machines... nothing more.

#20 5 years ago

I was planning on going to look at the rescue 911 and lethal weapon. After seeing the pictures though, I am not sure I want to make the one hour drive there. Looks like the rescue 911 is missing the helicoptor, backglass and who knows what else. I would imagine the helicopter is hard to find. Also maybe missing board sets. Not sure it is worth the trip.

#21 5 years ago

Who or what type of person would have done this to so many machines? Almost as bad as looking at pinball graveyard pics..............

#22 5 years ago

That's a lot of junk.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from WIZ:

Who or what type of person would have done this to so many machines? Almost as bad as looking at pinball graveyard pics..............

I have a feeling these are left over parts machines that were bought to fix up another game, stripped of what was needed and then put up for auction. I got an email from a local amusement dealer letting me know about the upcoming auction. Makes you wonder why a local amusement company would be sending out emails about an upcoming auction unless they have merchandise there to unload

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

I have a feeling these are left over parts machines that were bought to fix up another game, stripped of what was needed and then put up for auction. I got an email from a local amusement dealer letting me know about the upcoming auction. Makes you wonder why a local amusement company would be sending out emails about an upcoming auction unless they have merchandise there to unload

It’s been speculated that this is there stuff. So pretty sure anything valuable on the games were already stripped off.

#25 5 years ago

Operator's stash by the looks of it. Not a collection.

Maybe some of you guys will find something you can use, or at least get to hang out with other collectors and watch the show. I'm out. The stuff I like is too far gone, and a friend has nothing good to say about the auction house.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Biffbar:

Not a collection.

Clearly! Not from a Collector. 100% Agreeing with this.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Biffbar:

Operator's stash by the looks of it. Not a collection.
    Maybe some of you guys will find something you can use, or at least get to hang out with other collectors and watch the show. I'm out. The stuff I like is too far gone, and a friend has nothing good to say about the auction house.

Local word I'm now hearing on the street is that this is from M&P Amusements warehouse clean out.

#28 5 years ago

If anyone is planning on going that can take notes to prices. Please post them here.
    Interested in seeing what this stuff goes for.

#29 5 years ago

If anyone lives closer to New York goes, I’d be interested. I’m gonna keep an eye out online. But I don’t know if I wanna travel 5 hours for a parts game. I could really use some Data East/Sega parts for some projects

#30 5 years ago

Looks more like a death time collection to me.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Local word I'm now hearing on the street is that this is from M&P Amusements warehouse clean out.

thats the local amusement company I was referring to that sent me an email letting me know about the auction.

#32 5 years ago

Not there.

Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm still waiting to see what the EBD looks like. I'd be interested if it's an 81.

#33 5 years ago

Definitely it is! Mike was there today looking over his vast treasures....

Unfortunately probably 95% of the ones sitting on the floor will never have electricity flowing through them again.

There are about 8-12 pinball's setup and turned on and working in some form. Those should bring some money. I'm sure like most amusement auctions, there will be shill bidding and yes, buybacks. Even the basket cases and parts won't go cheap because of this, we'll see.......

Should be a fun day...................

Quoted from arcademojo:

#34 5 years ago

I went to the preview today. DO NOT BID ON ANYTHING UNSEEN!

The prices are already WAY too high for the condition of the 'projects'. It's 90% junk, but I am going tomorrow. There's a nice set of new, blue powdercoated legs and a couple of good translites. Also, there's a dozen CRTs, claimed working.

The complete pins are average, but the Getaway is above average as as the Addams and South Park.
    If you are not going to the auction, note the 15% buyers premium plus the 3% CC on top. Oh, and if you pick it up, 6% sales tax, that's on the total after the remium. Then there's shipping.....
    I am going and expect to come home empty-handed, and I have a reseller certificate and will be paying cash, but I expect to be outbid by the uninformed.
    If there's something you want, throw me a PM and I'll try to give you more info, or tell me your max bid and maybe I'll pick it up for you.

#35 5 years ago

Descriptions have been updated for some of those empty head solid state games. Many are now said to have full board sets, or all but this or that board. Don't know if they are putting the boards back in, or if the boards will be handed over to the high bidder, or if they can be inspected prior to the sale.

#36 5 years ago

They were collecting parts and kind of throwing them into games that may need them. Some games had some boards. Some boards were just sitting in their broken back boxes. It was sad. The doors will open at 9am for inspection and the live auction (translites, parts, CRTs, legs, etc) starts at 10am. The website says 8am for preview, but the guy told me 9.

#37 5 years ago

If anyone is there can you tell me the current condition of the Rescue 911, last action hero and the Lethal Weapon? I would appreciate it greatly.

#38 5 years ago

Crazy, crazy prices...................................

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from WIZ:

Crazy, crazy prices...................................

Yeah these are not healthy...

#40 5 years ago

$6500 for the TAF with magnet burn..................

#41 5 years ago

I wasn't there but I saw the Addams pinball sold for 6500 plus auction fees and tax ouch. Only good deal I saw from watching online was two cruisen exoticas sold for $100 each

#42 5 years ago

You used to be able to go to auctions to get a good deal, guess not so much so anymore

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from WIZ:

$6500 for the TAF with magnet burn..................

Worse than that when you add the tax and fees.

Oops Ninja'd

May have been some ok deals on the lesser titles for guys that will fix them up and not think about how much of their time it takes. Then again, I only saw the pics.

Sea Wolf here years ago which was finally smashed and trashed. $1800 plus tax etc for one at the sale. Wow.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Biffbar:

Worse than that when you add the tax and fees.
    Oops Ninja'd
    May have been some ok deals on the lesser titles for guys that will fix them up and not think about how much of their time it takes. Then again, I only saw the pics.
    Sea Wolf here years ago which was finally smashed and trashed. $1800 plus tax etc for one at the sale. Wow.

Was that Sea Wolf a Midway NIB machine?

#45 5 years ago

Rescue 911 $275 with complete board set. Not bad at all. Looking at the web site and a lot of the beater projects went for descent prices.

#48 5 years ago

Going to see a few "W: Parts" here this Fall!

#49 5 years ago

Oh wow I wouldn’t have minded that DE Star Wars for $275!! Just to hang the playfield on the wall woulda been decent. Also the Space Jam project didn’t go for a lot either.

If anyone’s looking to sell one of the DE or Sega games or playfields let me know.

#50 5 years ago

Wow prices were all over the place. Almost a grand for some of those basket case games and then others totally skipped over... weird.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lifetime-pinball-amp-video-game-collection-auction-in-central-pa-09-08?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.