Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pbpins
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B58072AC-CFEF-4AF4-93C5-2912334CBE6C (resized).png
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

$750 (out the door for almost $900) for the X-Men arcade really cracks me up.

It's not a "classic" arcade game - it's a cruddy 90s, quarter pumping, button mashing game. You've gotta be one huge X-Men fan to way overpay.

#52 5 years ago

Good thing I didn't go, I'd have brought home a few basket cases. Those prices were sweet.

#53 5 years ago

Am bummed I missed out on that Earthshaker mess. Am looking for something to keep me busy this winter to keep me from driving my wife crazy.

#54 5 years ago

Anyone here get the Batman Forever? I'd be interested in buying the lower cabinet body

#55 5 years ago

I don’t know...Fish Tales, Star Wars, TFTC, Frank and some other good title projects for under $500 (of course plus the fees and taxes) doesn’t seem that bad to me at all.

If I went, I would’ve grabbed one of those just the shove in the back corner and slowly put it back together, even if it took a year or two. Could’ve been done for around 1500 total to at least have a players game.

Skip probably has every part you would need in his basement.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t know...Fish Tales, Star Wars, TFTC, Frank and some other good title projects for under $500 (of course plus the fees and taxes) doesn’t seem that bad to me at all.
    If I went, I would’ve grabbed one of those just the shove in the back corner and slowly put it back together, even if it took a year or two. Could’ve been done for around 1500 total to at least have a players game.

Many were missing expensive or impossible to get parts i believe......

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah I wish I could have gone also. Contrary to what some are saying I thought a lot of the basket case projects went for good prices. I picked up my Stargate that way a couple years ago for only a couple hundred. Was missing lots of stuff off playfield and a few impossible to get parts. Made a list of parts needed and put it in storage. Found most the parts last year. I now have less then $800 in it. Works and plays great.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Many were missing expensive or impossible to get parts i believe......

Not if you’ve seen Skip’s basement. LOL. Some of them will come up over time, or will be reproduced.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Yeah I wish I could have gone also. Contrary to what some are saying I thought a lot of the basket case projects went for good prices. I picked up my Stargate that way a couple years ago for only a couple hundred. Was missing lots of stuff off playfield and a few impossible to get parts. Made a list of parts needed and put it in storage. Found most the parts last year. I now have less then $800 in it. Works and plays great.

I agree 100%. I would’ve snagged up two or three of them. Especially for what those titles are going for these days. Even if you end up spending 2K on one of them in the long run you still made out like a bandit.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Not if you’ve seen Skip’s basement. LOL. Some of them will come up over time, or will be reproduced.

I have lol

2 weeks later
    #61 5 years ago

I see the $850 Williams Star Trek has made it's way to CL.
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Love it $1500 god damn flippers -.-

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yup, ad says complete untested board set. Lets see, he cleaned the game up and put all the ramps and stuff in but never powered it on to test the boards?

#64 5 years ago

The hardest thing to find would probably be the gun handle, if it was missing.

I think you can get pretty much everything else if you hunt around enough.

I'd certainly be tempted if I was closer, especially with STTNG pushing past $5k these days.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Yep. That's mine. What a God damn flipper I am.

First, let's get it right. It was $991 after buyers premium and taxes. Second, my time, gas, tolls, trailer rental, hotel and food weren't free. Nor was the widebody glass, legs and the brand new backglass I had cut for it. All said and done, I'm hardly making any money on it, IF I sold for my asking price. Last time I checked, most people negotiate off of asking price. A lot of the stuff at the auction was a gamble and I actually put my money on the line to take the risk. There is no way to know what exactly you were getting. I don't have the time to put into this to make it right, but for someone that does, they will come out fine in the end.

F***ing flippers.

If you want to cry about what I'm asking, you could have gone to the auction yourselves. In the end I'll have resurrected multiple games from major projects to fully working games and passed on some as nice projects for others to drive to completion.

EDIT: HOW ABOUT TOTAL TRANSPARENCY. Delivery fees: $200, Trailer: $63, Gas: $297, Tolls: $114, Hotel: $105, Food: ~$100, GRAND TOTAL: $897

I'll say it again, F***ing flippers! I just love comments from the cheap seats.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Yep. That's mine. What a God Damn flipper I am.
    First, let's get it right. It was $991 after buyers premium and taxes. Second, my time, gas, tolls, trailer rental, hotel and food weren't free. Nor was the widebody glass or legs or the brand new backglass I had cut for it. All said and done, I'm hardly making any money on it, IF I sold for my asking price. Last time I checked, most people negotiate off of asking price. A lot of the stuff at the auction was a gamble. I don't have the time to put into this to make it right, but for someone that does, they will come out fine in the end.
    F***ing flppers.
    If you want to cry about what I'm asking, you could have gone to the auction yourselves. In the end I'll have resurrected multiple games from major projects to fully working games and passed on nice projects for others to drive to completion.

Seymor is a good guy. One of the few I would deal with around here.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Quoted from BoJo:

Seymor is one of the good guys!
    I've delt with him on a few games over the years and his work is incredible. And is more than FAIR. He brings a lot of games back to life that people wouldn't think of messing with.

Getting shelled for $1500 OBO on a project Star Trek that he probably has more than $1200 in is crazy. Adding in buyers premium and PA tax hides the true cost of what that game actually left the building for.
    Then he gets widebody glass, legs and translite glass.
    PA tolls, food, hotel, gas and trailer rental are real costs!!!! Also time from home/family has to be worth something. Scotty can't just beam him up to the auction!
    I know that's a weak Star Trek joke, sorry.

Some guys have nothing better to do than kick a good guy.

#68 5 years ago

Yep. That's mine. What a God Damn flipper I am.
    First, let's get it right. It was $991 after buyers premium and taxes. Second, my time, gas, tolls, trailer rental, hotel and food weren't free. Nor was the widebody glass, legs and the brand new backglass I had cut for it. All said and done, I'm hardly making any money on it, IF I sold for my asking price. Last time I checked, most people negotiate off of asking price. A lot of the stuff at the auction was a gamble and I actually put my money on the line to take the risk.
    F***ing flppers.
    If you want to cry about what I'm asking, you could have gone to the auction yourselves. In the end I'll have resurrected multiple games from major projects to fully working games and passed on some as nice projects for others to drive to completion.
    EDIT: HOW ABOUT TOTAL TRANSPARENCY. Delivery fees: $200, Trailer: $63, Gas: $297, Tolls: $114, Hotel: $105, Food: ~$100
    Grand Total: $897

Wow, thanks guys! Absolutely NONE OF THAT was mentioned in your ad, nor have you posted it on pinside until now! As far as we can see from your sparse craigslist ad you bought it cheap and then threw it up on CG to make a quick buck.
    Maybe if you posted something or let us know about it then we wouldn't have seen just another flip.

It's easy to jump in afterwards and start attacking us afterwards. UNFORTUNATELY, none of us here are mind readers, so we had no idea about all your "hidden costs" Next time I sell I pin I'll make sure I charge for all these things accordingly, or better yet, when I buy I'll just chip those costs off the price accordingly too!

Let's get realistic instead. Just like cars you don't get your money back as what you put into it. I appreciate what you're doing, SeymorGoldfarbJr and you seem like a reasonable seller. Why not just list some of these things in your ad that actually make sense instead of getting defensive afterwards?! Had I know you went through the trouble of having new glass made and getting the new backglass then I would have not called you a flipper. Sorry for making an assumption, but similarly you've done the same assuming I somehow knew who you were despite you only posting on craigslist and not even having a market ad up!

You also knew of this thread right here and you didn't post either. It would have made it a bit more obvious at least! Again, sorry for assuming the worst, but you could have explained this all ahead of time instead of insulting us for simply pointing out CG ads. And lets not pretend that you don't see project pins at inflated prices after an auction!

#69 5 years ago

Wow, thanks guys! Absolutely NONE OF THAT was mentioned in your ad, nor have you posted it on pinside until now! As far as we can see from your sparse craigslist ad you bought it cheap and then threw it up on CG to make a quick buck.
    Maybe if you posted something or let us know about it then we wouldn't have seen just another flip.
    It's easy to jump in afterwards and start attacking us afterwards. UNFORTUNATELY, none of us here are mind readers, so we had no idea about all your "hidden costs" Next time I sell I pin I'll make sure I charge for all these things accordingly, or better yet, when I buy I'll just chip those costs off the price accordingly too!

Instead of blaming the ad owner.... maybe people should consider what they say when they don’t know.... in other words... don’t leap first and then blame others when you’re wrong.

#70 5 years ago

Wow, just don't join the price police force!

It's not his duty to reveal the history of the pin when trying to sell it, or to tell pinside he's selling it. The ad isn't misleading, so if you don't like the price, don't buy it and just leave it alone.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Instead of blaming the ad owner.... maybe people should consider what they say when they don’t know.... in other words... don’t leap first and then blame others when you’re wrong.

The Topic of discussion among some very wise people around the Globe I have had in the last few days....

#72 5 years ago

Yep. That's mine. What a God damn flipper I am.
    First, let's get it right. It was $991 after buyers premium and taxes. Second, my time, gas, tolls, trailer rental, hotel and food weren't free. Nor was the widebody glass, legs and the brand new backglass I had cut for it. All said and done, I'm hardly making any money on it, IF I sold for my asking price. Last time I checked, most people negotiate off of asking price. A lot of the stuff at the auction was a gamble and I actually put my money on the line to take the risk. There is no way to know what exactly you were getting. I don't have the time to put into this to make it right, but for someone that does, they will come out fine in the end.
    F***ing flippers.
    EDIT: HOW ABOUT TOTAL TRANSPARENCY. Delivery fees: $200, Trailer: $63, Gas: $297, Tolls: $114, Hotel: $105, Food: ~$100, GRAND TOTAL: $897

Quoted from flynnibus:

I didn’t think I’d have to explain this to a group of grown men using the internet but it appears I have to

Craigslist is an anonymous ad website.
    I repeat: Craigslist is ANONYMOUS

No, none of you knew this was Seymour till he posted in here.

Hindsight is 20/20 and it’s easy to claim you’re right and everyone else is wrong after the fact.

Quoted from Black_Knight:

It's not his duty to reveal the history of the pin when trying to sell it, or to tell pinside he's selling it. The ad isn't misleading, so if you don't like the price, don't buy it and just leave it alone.

Have you never sold anything...? Typically when people buy they ask you questions and you have to point out why the item is priced as it is. Have you never bought a car?? Really that’s unbelievable someone would actually say something like that, LMAO!

Finally, I was commenting on a completely different website called Pinside. Craigslist doesn’t have a forum feature so no, I wasn’t price policing or ragging on the seller. Jeez some people need to relax.

I am trying to be civil now that the seller has come forward and defended his position.

I was not looking at this anonymous Craigslist ad saying “Ohohoh there’s that Seymour! Let me attack him!”
    I commented here after THE OP posted it saying it made its way to Craigslist. Sheesh.

Now that the situation has changed and it’s a different website, with users that aren’t anonymous, the situation is completely different. Not sure why that’s a hard pill to swallow?

Again to @seymorgoldfarbjr sorry that I mistook your ad as a flipper and with what you’ve posted I wish you the best of luck on your sale. My comment was never a personal attack on you and I hope you can understand the difference between here and Craigslist as I’m sure you’ve seen posts on there too that turned out to be much different than they initially seemed.

#73 5 years ago

Now that the situation has changed and it’s a different website, with users that aren’t anonymous, the situation is completely different. Not sure why that’s a hard pill to swallow?

So its' ok to be an ass as long as it's someone we don't know?

I think you missed the whole point... just don't leap to being an ass.

#74 5 years ago

You made a single comment, and were called back on it....No big deal in that.
    The issue is the lengthy justification that it was OK....

I flip games for a small amount, fix them up.....sorry, thats my business now.
    I would hope you are not suggesting I be damned by God?

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

So its' ok to be an ass as long as it's someone we don't know?
    I think you missed the whole point... just don't leap to being an ass.

Like picking up someone’s game and dropping it in a hotel room, or dismantling their game to pilfer the power cord without asking...

#76 5 years ago

oooboy...

Can't we all just get along?

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Wow, just don't join the price police force!

Quoted from flynnibus:

don’t leap first and then blame others when you’re wrong.

Again to @seymorgoldfarbjr sorry that I mistook your ad as a flipper and with what you’ve posted I wish you the best of luck on your sale. My comment was never a personal attack on you and I hope you can understand the difference between here and Craigslist as I’m sure you’ve seen posts on there too that turned out to be much different than they initially seemed.

Cut the guy a break. He apologized.

If you want to split hairs...problems I have with the ad? Two.

I laugh how people add gas, tolls, hotels, breakfast, lunch, Wawa or 7-11 stops, new tires if needed before the trip, oil changes, etc. Those are not costs figured into a game’s price. I tell my close friends that all the time. Your costs to acquire a game doesn’t make the game worth any more or less...well, other than to you. Even shipping included. It is your choice to have a game shipped to you, and doesn’t make the game any more valuable.

I can honestly say I have never once charged for any of those expenses when figuring the price of a game I’ve sold.

Second, you’ve been on Pinside for six years, and obviously know how to fix games but you still listed the board set as untested. That doesn’t even make sense to me. Whether you are a good guy or not, I find it hard to believe you didn’t try to juice the game on or at least give it a good once over. Don’t have a meter?

Despite all that, I think this game at 1400 might still be reasonable, assuming it has no water damage and isn’t a complete shit show.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I can honestly say I have never once charged for any of those expenses when figuring the price of a game I’ve sold.

Have you ever had to defend against people trying to call you a dirty flipper? The guy wasn’t justifying the game’s value... he was debunking the idea he’s just taking dirty flipper money for nothing.

It’s just people being showing off what they don’t know...

And “untested” is an easy way to simply say.... I don’t know what works or not... so don’t hold me accountable. It’s up to the buyer to make their own judgment.

I mean... the photos show the boards aren’t even fully populated with rom chips..

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Cut the guy a break. He apologized.

He may have half apologized to seymore but was still an ass to the rest of us that defended him. So no.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, 'projects' is a misnomer here. those are parts machines... nothing more.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Have you ever had to defend against people trying to call you a dirty flipper?

Actually this one time…at band camp…

Have I sold games for more money then I bought them for? Sure. I worked on them, got them working, and cleaned them at least. Project games are a different animal.

There are games that can be saved, and then games like at this auction where every unobtainium part has been stripped off of it, and most likely the game is only a parts game if that.

And I myself as far as I know, have never sold a board as “non-tested”. I either say it’s working or it doesn’t. I either test it on a bench or in a game. That was one of my points. I’ve snagged plenty of boards off of fleaBay that were listed as “un-tested”, and when it arrived it had a ton of corrosion and was pretty much scrap. A few crappy pics can go a long way.

Oh, and the IHOP breakfast cost added into the game.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I flip games for a small amount, fix them up.....sorry, thats my business now.
    I would hope you are not suggesting I be damned by God?

There isn't a single one of use that didn't flip a game or several games. How the heck do you think I built up my collection. By buying, repairing and selling. I don't think anything is wrong with that. However I'm sure you know as well as I do that the statement was directed towards the type of flippers that are just doing it for greed. And sorry to say this but yeah the CL ad did look exactly like that. Now that we know who it is and what was put into it. It's a defferent story.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Second, you’ve been on Pinside for six years, and obviously know how to fix games but you still listed the board set as untested. That doesn’t even make sense to me. Whether you are a good guy or not, I find it hard to believe you didn’t try to juice the game on or at least give it a good once over. Don’t have a meter?

When a game doesn’t have a transformer, it’s rather hard to just juice it on.

As I stated in my ad “major project or parts machine”. This isn’t a game you can just power on and give a full assessment. I’ve actually been talking most people out of buying this game as they don’t always understand the full scope of work it needs.

#84 5 years ago

As I stated in my ad “major project or parts machine”. This isn’t a game you can just power on and give a full assessment. I’ve actually been talking most people out of buying this game as they don’t always understand the full scope of work it needs.

On the bright side. This is the first thread I made that has flames beside it. Does that unlock a new achievement?

#85 5 years ago

That's not mentioned in the ad. You might want to include that bit of info.

Luckily: https://ksarcade.net/new-transformer-5610-13491-00.html

That still wouldn't dissuade me too much, though...

[edit]: And the left wire ramp: http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/ramps/ramps-metal/12-7097.html

Scoops: https://mantispinball.com/product-category/star-trek-the-next-generation/

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's not mentioned in the ad. You might want to include that bit of info.
    Luckily: https://ksarcade.net/new-transformer-5610-13491-00.html
    That still wouldn't dissuade me too much, though...
    [edit]: And the left wire ramp: http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/ramps/ramps-metal/12-7097.html
    Scoops: https://mantispinball.com/product-category/star-trek-the-next-generation/

If the game is still available...
    B58072AC-CFEF-4AF4-93C5-2912334CBE6C (resized).pngB58072AC-CFEF-4AF4-93C5-2912334CBE6C (resized).png

#87 5 years ago

you mean all this hubbub over a CL ad listing a PARTS machine? who would have thought....

#88 5 years ago

Seymor is absolutely one of the goods guys out there. Have done many deals with him over the last few years and I have seen the level of detail he goes to when restoring a game.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lifetime-pinball-amp-video-game-collection-auction-in-central-pa-09-08/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.