Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flamingo43.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I am fairly new to the hobby and have a formerly routed but slowly-getting-cleaned-up Ripley's at home which I love. I have looked at that machine as something that will need care and repairs from time to time but would likely be around longer than I would. I was starting to get excited about purchasing a second, and was looking at Star Wars.

This weekend I started diving into the Spike system threads where people were throwing around the idea that pinball is becoming disposable - if I purchase a Star Wars Pro, I should expect to have problems 5-10 years down the road, and possibly not have available parts to repair it. Time to throw it out in other words.

I don't want to turn this specifically into a thread about Spike, but rather, would anyone care to share some thoughts or advice as to buying a machine that will last a while. Are the newer JJPs and remakes also in danger or a short lifespan? Are there machines where you might say something like, I'd buy a new Houdini but not a new Iron Maiden or something like that? Is it actually better to stick to something like Fish Tales which has done fairly well for its age instead of buying new?

Thank you for any thoughts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flamingo43.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lifespan-for-nib-machines?tu=flamingo43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.