3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DBLM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jackie-chan (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Well, you see, I couldn’t find the screw and washer that connect the backglass lockbar to the head on the game I’m restoring. It’s a very quick job, usually. But I dropped them. The lock bar bounced of the rails and fell between the game I’m restoring, and my Black Knight. And as I was crawling around on the floor using my flashlight app to try and find the screw and washer, I noticed that one of the Black Knight’s legs was not sitting squarely in the floor protector, so I lifted up the Black Knight using my back, and got it square, but the phone slipped out of my hand and bounced all the way into the corner underneath Addams. So I crawled out from under the Black Knight and grabbed my shop light to continue the search for the screw and washer (for Lost World, by the way.) The shop light did a much better job lighting up the floor. Unfortunately the extension cord snagged on the spare coin door I’ve been robbing of parts to restore the Lost World and tipped it over, which was actually no big deal except that it tipped over a box of screws, washers, spacers, and assorted other metal I’ve been meaning to sort into my parts organizer for a while. Actually, about three years. Or more. Anyway, I decided to grab my phone before cleaning up the screws and stuff and managed to put my knee down on a stray something or other. I grabbed the edge of Addams to try and get myself up quickly, but it turned out that I actually grabbed the soldering station I’d left sitting there from when I replaced the faulty diodes on the Black Knight’s left flipper. It wasn’t on, of course, I’m not an idiot. But it is rather heavy and caught me in the back of the head, sending me sprawling. Well, then, of course, I needed a bandaid for the cut on my chin. As I got up to go to the bathroom – that’s where the bandaids are – I caught the power cord for the soldering station with my foot, which pulled the soldering station along the floor where IT caught the shop light I’d dropped which was now free of the tipped over coin door, allowing it to catch on the spare stool I’ve been meaning to get rid of for a while. No big deal except that the repro BG for Lost World was leaning against the stool, so I had to stop and catch that before it went completely over. That’s how I spotted my extendable magnet (which I’d actually been looking for the other day when I dropped one of the screws I needed to finish the Six Million Dollar Man playfield I’m fixing for a friend which is leaning up against the Lost World on the other side from Black Knight, but luckily I stepped on that screw so I no longer needed the magnet) behind the BG. I figured I’d need the magnet to help pick up the spilled screws and what not. So I carefully leaned the backglass against the wall and laid the magnet down on the Lost World playfield. I had turned and headed to get my bandaid when I heard a little click. The magnet attracted the screw and washer I’d been looking for, which apparently never hit the floor, but landed on the playfield and rolled under a plastic. How lucky is that? Anyway, that’s why I’m late to the Zoom call, Mr. Bossman, sir.

#2 3 years ago
    jackie-chan (resized).jpgjackie-chan (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/life-in-lockdown?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.