(Topic ID: 302779)

Lido Sequence Unit reseting spontaneously.

By HaydenPastor

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hello,

The sequence unit in my Lido keeps resetting spontaneously during the search cycle. In the middle of a search cycle, it will reset and not register a win. This seems to only happen when the machine is closed. When I open it up and put it through a couple search cycles and watch the CU cam 16A it works absolutely fine and resets normally after stepping to the max position. I checked the CU cam 16A and it seems to be working fine (winner unit reset coil is working as it should). Originally I thought it was a mechanical problem (possibly vibrations from the pulsing sequence step up coil) I moved the sequence unit tension spring one loop around to see if that was the problem. But the random resetting is still arising. I am stumped on this issue any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 2 years ago

remove the backglass and flip down the panel so you can look with the back door closed.

most likely the search index unit is unpowering, possibly wiring issues around the search relays.

#3 2 years ago

Ok. I will get around do doing that. Thanks!

#4 2 years ago

After putting it through a couple search cycles, you were spot on in that the search index coil is disengaging too early causing CU switch 16A to close which is resetting both the winner and sequence units.

#5 2 years ago

did you find a wiring issue at the search relays? The harness can rub against the head when you close the door and if a wire is breaking off you get flaky behavior.

the worst case is something happening to the big harness where it goes to the back door ... clamp cutting into the wires or other reason twisting the harness breaks a connection.

#6 2 years ago

I'm going to check the search relays later today - there doesn't seem to be a problem with the harness connecting the main cabinet to the back door. I made sure no wires were shorting together and it all looks fine. I'm also going to clean the search disc.

Thanks!

1 week later
#7 2 years ago

Sorry for the delay - after cleaning the search relays and search disc the problem subsided.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lido-sequence-unit-reseting-spontaneously- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.