Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by prl867
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pat Benetar Poster (resized).jpg
    fasttimes5point.jpg
    596713F7-8A4D-4A00-B66A-FDE6D251089E (resized).jpeg
    5FB6165F-5C24-4C31-ADB7-68FFF0292CD6 (resized).jpeg
    6AEA9D15-9C6E-4C0A-89D7-FA693E799237 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Was at the world famous Rock Fantasy today and couldn’t help to buy this cause it looks cool. Especially the back - nice and thorough!

Hope the movie is good…we are seeing it tomorrow up here in Saugerties!

Got some other stuff at rock fantasy also.

596713F7-8A4D-4A00-B66A-FDE6D251089E (resized).jpeg596713F7-8A4D-4A00-B66A-FDE6D251089E (resized).jpeg5FB6165F-5C24-4C31-ADB7-68FFF0292CD6 (resized).jpeg5FB6165F-5C24-4C31-ADB7-68FFF0292CD6 (resized).jpeg6AEA9D15-9C6E-4C0A-89D7-FA693E799237 (resized).jpeg6AEA9D15-9C6E-4C0A-89D7-FA693E799237 (resized).jpeg
    #2 2 years ago

Cool.
    Side A, track 3 - Any relation to Jack?

#3 2 years ago

Peace frog. One of my all time favs.

#4 2 years ago

You may have a collector’s edition. Side B song 4 is listed as “LEY ME ROLL IT.” Gonna be worth millions someday.

#5 2 years ago

Bought many albums at Licorice Pizza. The sale price was always $3.66.

Really hope the movie is good.

#6 2 years ago

the movie was very entertaining. really dug it.

#7 2 years ago

I remember a record store called Licorice Pizza in the 1980’s where I grew up in Whittier, CA. It became a Tropical Fish store then something else befure getting torn down I believe.

I had no idea it was a record name.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from prl867:

I remember a record store called Licorice Pizza in the 1980’s where I grew up in Whittier, CA. It became a Tropical Fish store then something else befure getting torn down I believe.

It's a 2lp soundtract to a new movie about a Licorice Pizza record store, it was a chain.
    I went to the Whittier LP store many times.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

It's a 2lp soundtract to a new movie about a Licorice Pizza record store, it was a chain.

Wow! I had no idea it was a chain.

I bought my first cassette at Sam Goody in the Whitwood Mall. Used to get my mom’s Christmas gifts at The Broadway over there.

The Whittier Quake hit when I was in 4th grade and destroyed the Quad. Good times. And memories.

#10 2 years ago

Yep, I was on the School bus riding past the Broadway when the quake started, i saw the north east side windows shaking in the morning sunlight, and thought ...Hey! That's what an Earthquake would look like!
    2 minutes later we pulled up to La Serna High, and people were running around Screaming.

I completely missed it, the janky old bus was so bouncy I only thought and saw Earthquake , didn't feel it.

#11 2 years ago

Small world! I was home sick for a month because I had Mono. I went to St. Bruno’s Catholic Elementary School.

My district high school would have been CalHigh but I ended up going to Servite in Anaheim. A lot of my friends went to Bishop Amat.

Had a lot of friends that went to La Serna and lived in Friendly Hills.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Really hope the movie is good.

I thought the movie was fantastic. Original, fun and did a great job capturing a time gone by. Soundtrack was awesome as well.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from prl867:

Quoted from gonzo73:

Quoted from prl867:

Wow! I had no idea it was a chain.

Slightly O/T from the new film & soundtrack, but there's a few shots of an actual Licorice Pizza in the movie Fast Times At Ridgemont High. One is a brief background shot during the opening titles. The main scene at the store's entrance is about 35 mins. into the film.

fasttimes5point.jpgfasttimes5point.jpg
    #14 2 years ago

I've seen the movie, and there is no mention of "licorice pizza" in the dialog. IMDB confirms that there is no clear connection between the movie and the record store. Enjoy the movie for the pinball/arcade scenes!
    .................David Marston

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Got some other stuff at rock fantasy also.

Pat Benatar STILL NOT in the Rock n Rock HOF...sad.

#16 2 years ago

I've had that Crimes of Passion LP since 1980. I had this poster on my bedroom wall back then, too.

Pat Benetar Poster (resized).jpgPat Benetar Poster (resized).jpg

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from prl867:

I was home sick for a month because I had Mono.

Did it turn out you were just really bored?

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Did it turn out you were just really bored?

I’m not going to even attempt to put-comedy the great Mike Myers.

Great reference.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/licorice-pizza-lp- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.