View topic image gallery

ss_spanel.jpg
totan-sp.jpg
ngg.jpg
mm-sp.jpg
afm-sp.jpg
cc.jpg

#1 8 years ago

NOTE: I ADDED A POL BUT ACCIDENTALLY PRESSED ENTER BEFORE ADDING MORE ANSWERS, NOW I CAN'T EDIT IT SO IGNORE IT! COULD A MOD PLEASE REMOVE THE POL?

These are mockups of upcoming speaker panel art licensed by Planetary Pinball.
If people show enough interest more might follow. All art is 100% vectorized for optimal printing quality.

mm-sp.jpgafm-sp.jpgcc.jpgtotan-sp.jpgss_spanel.jpgngg.jpg

#2 8 years ago

It would be fantastic if someone would reproduce original speaker panels for the older games like WH2O. I've been telling this to Rick for years.

Quoted from webdiddy:

These are mockups of upcoming speaker panel art licensed by Planetary Pinball.
If people show enough interest more might follow. All art is 100% vectorized for optimal printing quality.

cc.jpg 122 KB

afm-sp.jpg 126 KB

mm-sp.jpg 271 KB

ss_spanel.jpg 285 KB

ngg.jpg 304 KB

totan-sp.jpg 135 KB

#3 8 years ago

I like AFM. I kinda like SS, but why is the art cutout below the display on afm and not ss? Might look good with the bally cutout with the green dripping down into it. The lack of a price point also makes me wonder if licensing is going to jack up the cost.

#4 8 years ago

Hello, i like most of them but CC is ugly...

#5 8 years ago

Where is MB?
Otherwise, yes please!

#6 8 years ago

honestly , pretty mediocre at best. The art lacks detail and definition and frankly looks to simple and plain without any color fading and lack of any substantial detail , sorry don't mean to bash , but I have seen a lot better . Joeraptors graphics seems a lot nicer with much better detailing from a seasoned graphic designer

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from wolowizard:

honestly , pretty mediocre at best. The art lacks detail and definition and frankly looks to simple and plain without any color fading and lack of any substantial detail , sorry don't mean to bash , but I have seen a lot better . Joeraptors graphics seems a lot nicer with much better detailing from a seasoned graphic designer

Joeraptor is mostly using photos as textures or or using pre made textures and makes his art in Photoshop, my art is 100% vectorized and is made in illustrator.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Where is MB?
Otherwise, yes please!

The Universal license is pretty tricky to get too.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I like AFM. I kinda like SS, but why is the art cutout below the display on afm and not ss? Might loom good with the bally cutout with the green dripping down into it. The lack of a price point also makes me wonder if licensing is going to jack up the cost.

I just forgot to edit that in the mockup, I'll fix that later.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

The Universal license is pretty trick to get too.

Perhaps you could draw on other assets from the art package without using monster images or logos?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Nobrain:

Hello, i like most of them but CC is ugly...

I agree, can you try something else for CC.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I agree, can you try something else for CC.

Yes. Not at this moment though.
If you keep in mind what the sideart on the backbox looks like you might reconsider.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Perhaps you could draw on other assets from the art package without using monster images or logos?

Maybe, Rick would have to instruct me on what I can use or not in that case.

#14 8 years ago

The CC one looks too much like it belongs on Indiana Jones.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

The CC one looks too much like it belongs on Indiana Jones.

Maybe if I tweak the colors a little?

#16 8 years ago

SS mockup have been updated with the cutout for the bally logo.

#17 8 years ago

Feel free to request more titles.

#18 8 years ago

Is it just me that likes the original black better?

I think the big cutout for the bally/williams logo destroys the whole layout/idea.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from pale:

Is it just me that likes the original black better?
I think the big cutout for the bally/williams logo destroys the whole layout/idea.

I'm with you.....looks too "busy" to me. The translite should be the focal point, not the speaker panel

#20 8 years ago

This is a hard one, your work looks good but I personally like the classic black look and I am not into the custom artwork speaker panels.

Could you try and continue the art of the translite down so it blends in instead of a contrasting image. Also maybe a oval cutout around the logo as the long box doesn't look right. The SS art one looks good, and maybe the MM could be a timber draw bridge with chains up the side.

That being said I have a CFTBL with the original art panel and it suits the game as it gives the sense of the drive-in with the translite looking the film on the drive in screen.

#21 8 years ago

The poll is a bit skewed too....only vote option is yes

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

The poll is a bit skewed too....only vote option is yes

Read the first post please.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I'm with you.....looks too "busy" to me. The translite should be the focal point, not the speaker panel

Hmm. I never heard anyone complain about the speaker panel artwork on CFTBL or STTNG. As long as it is done well and complements the art style, these should be popular.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 37.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!