• Stranger Things 134 votes
    39%
  • Neither 56 votes
    16%

(343 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Schwifty Things.jpg
futurama-is-better-than-rick-and-forty-bite-my-shiny-metal-ass-1523821519 (resized).jpg
20BAB737-DA54-450E-BA5B-47BEB492124A (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.33.52 AM (resized).png
A1F461B9-2114-453F-8F08-D9E11F31A6B1.gif
There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Was Stanger Things officially announced?

No. "heavily rumored"

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Stranger things is probably the bigger more popular license. I personally prefer Rick And Morty funny show with lots of funny quotes.

I’d be surprised if Stranger Things gets the same amount of Voice Assets and integrations that it appears Rick and Morty having Justin Roiland on board. I hope I’m wrong and I’d love to have both but I’ve tempered my expectations for Stern getting the whole package. I still think the can work around if they get partial usage, fingers crossed for both titles. I’m excited!

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I’d be surprised if Stranger Things gets the same amount of Voice Assets and integrations that it appears Rick and Morty having Justin Roiland on board....

Going out on a limb on the one eh?

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That’s what it said in the teaser!

20BAB737-DA54-450E-BA5B-47BEB492124A (resized).png20BAB737-DA54-450E-BA5B-47BEB492124A (resized).png
#105 4 years ago

And the entire trailer is Justin doing custom speech for the trailer so I’d say he’s going to be involved!

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I bet The Duffner Brothers will be way more open with the license and willingness to use more assets than Disney or other similar companies.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

That’s what it said in the teaser![quoted image]

Quoted from TheGunnett:

And the entire trailer is Justin doing custom speech for the trailer so I’d say he’s going to be involved!

It was sarcasm, I know it's hard to tell coming from me

Quoted from kermit24:

I bet The Duffner Brothers will be way more open with the license and willingness to use more assets than Disney or other similar companies.

Right but it doesn't matter for the point at hand. You have the voices of Rick & + Morty doing custom work, obviously it will have more "voice assets" then ST...unless Stern pulls off a ST:NG and gets the whole cast to sit down and do voice work.

#108 4 years ago

Avengers? Star Wars? Even the best, multi-cultural, multi-billion dollar theme can drag its ass across the carpet if the gameplay sucks.

I reserve judgement (and obvi payment) until I play a game these days.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

Avengers? Star Wars?

Never heard of them.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You have the voices of Rick & + Morty doing custom work, obviously it will have more "voice assets" then ST...unless Stern pulls off a ST:NG and gets the whole cast to sit down and do voice work.

Just to point out for those that aren't familiar with the show, having Justin Roiland involved is monumental. Because not only is he the co-creator, he does the voices for most of the characters on the show. And there are ALOT of popular characters (other than the Smith family actors). Which means they will have endless custom voice options & character uses for this pin. Possibilities are really endless with this licence & how they choose to present it.

#111 4 years ago

Which show has a more rabid fan base?

This is telling: despite lower viewership, Rick and Morty was voted #12 best show of all time by imdb users. The highest comedy on the list, incidentally, not to mention the highest ranked animated show. Not sure I'd agree, even, but the point is the voting there is fan driven.

Stranger Things? #53.

I haven't even managed to slog though all of ST season 3 yet...

#112 4 years ago

R&M is happpening. STTH just isn't real (yet?). I'd be curious to see the poll results if Stranger Things was for sure a reality with an official announcement. If/when it becomes official, I'll be very excited.

#113 4 years ago

Honestly never heard of either so I guess I rank them the same. Guess I won't have any preconceived notions what the games should look like - so I guess that's actually a plus for me.

#114 4 years ago

We are buying both so I'll let you know which earns better

#115 4 years ago

I love both shows. I think Rick and Morty will have a longer shelf life as a theme than Stranger things however.

#116 4 years ago

"heavily rumored" ?Stern? Stranger Things... hum... I know rumors have been right before; but I just won't be counting those chickens until I see an official stern leak.

Given all things equal... I'd pick R&M over SrT for the following reasons:
1) Stern quality concerns
2) Stern cost Cutting concerns
3) Stern unwillingness to buy voice asset concerns
4) Stern coding concerns
5) Stern pricing concerns

The problem; Spooky's volume will likely mean instant sellout. That said; If I were in the market for a NIB in Jan... I'd pick spooky if I could get a place in line. I feel like Charlie does it right... and doesn't go out of his way to f-the-customer. That said; full reveal and pricing are needed to confirm they have a runaway hit.

#117 4 years ago

While I do think Stranger Things is on the way down as far as popularity and I have no interest in Rick and Morty I think R&M is more current but Stranger Things has more staying power. I equate R&M to adventure time which was EVERYWHERE for a few years as well and has now pretty much disappeared completely.

#118 4 years ago

R&M is a better theme for pinball. The ideas of collecting things, building, destroying, killing gives much potential for very interactive code options. As opposed to say, hanging Xmas lights on your wall.

Also the ideas of "multiples" be it universes, copies of Rick and Morty, simulations within simulations, Meeseeks, etc all work great for a game environment.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

1) Stern quality concerns
2) Stern cost Cutting concerns
3) Stern unwillingness to buy voice asset concerns
4) Stern coding concerns
5) Stern pricing concerns

Huge Stern fan I see. Got it.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I own A stern... arguably the best stern.
If they actually spent time refining their faults instead of putting the faults as unwarrantable in the manuals; we'd be good.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

R&M is a better theme for pinball. The ideas of collecting things, building, destroying, killing gives much potential for very interactive code options. As opposed to say, hanging Xmas lights on your wall.
Also the ideas of "multiples" be it universes, copies of Rick and Morty, simulations within simulations, Meeseeks, etc all work great for a game environment.

Well, let's say I respectfully disagree, it's a cartoon with episodic punch lines not a story arc. Yes, I have watched a few episodes and it's just funny short lived humor nothing epic. Would I buy it? yes, if it's integrated well and if it shoots good. So, I have to see it first, Momma didn't raise a fool,.you know what I mean.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Is Stranger Things a Brian Eddy disign?

That’s the rumor- but it’s a rumour about a rumour, so who knows.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am a Stern fan as well, and also share Zitt's concerns...

#124 4 years ago

It isn't Stranger Things..that's just their code working name for their next music pin: Stryper

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Your response reflects probably the most important issue on the planet right now: the view that you need to be on a team, and that your team is beyond criticism. This line of thinking is why most democracies have become bipolar systems composed of citizens who refuse to think critically.

Oh, and zitt forgot to add that Stern no longer answers support emails.

#126 4 years ago

This is a national disaster

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

I equate R&M to adventure time which was EVERYWHERE for a few years as well and has now pretty much disappeared completely.

False equivalence. The last Adventure Time was shown in 9/2018. There are at least 67 more R&Ms to go.

Not to mention one is for kids, one most definitely is not!

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinball buyers love HUMOR. Humor is rare when most licensed games are based on serious/action subject matter or music. R&M is one of the funniest shows on TV

I have to agree with Rarehero on this one , humour is the one thing that is missing in most new pins . I love both shows and would like to see them both made . Rick and Morty has the potential to be really funny and with every episode being like a mission has the potential for so many modes . With spooky having the clips and the callouts covered I think they will implement the theme a lot better than Stern will get with stranger things .

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Your response reflects probably the most important issue on the planet right now: the view that you need to be on a team, and that your team is beyond criticism. This line of thinking is why most democracies have become bipolar systems composed of citizens who refuse to think critically.

I am not saying Stern is beyond reproach and is perfect. They absolutely have some issues that come up, as does Spooky I am sure. Zitt has been on the Stern hate train for quite some time.

#130 4 years ago
futurama-is-better-than-rick-and-forty-bite-my-shiny-metal-ass-1523821519 (resized).jpgfuturama-is-better-than-rick-and-forty-bite-my-shiny-metal-ass-1523821519 (resized).jpg
#131 4 years ago

Futurama would also make an amazing pin and like R&m you'd only have to hire one guy to get half the voices.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Futurama would also make an amazing pin and like R&m you'd only have to hire one guy to get half the voices.

Would it feel dated at this point, so far after it’s been cancelled...or do you think its passionate fanbase still exists?

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Oh!? Really?
I have only contacted TS... once and it was about a bad board if I recall. Early on in STLE.
Glad I don't have that problem now.

Quoted from kermit24:

Zitt has been on the Stern hate train for quite some time.

LOL. K. Whateves.
I Hate Chrysler / Dodge. I don't hate Stern. I don't want them to go out of business... nor do I want them to stop making machines. I just want them to own up to their problems and become the ideal pin company. Fix their issues across the board. Not sweep the problems under the rug. Glad you're adept at putting words in other people's boxes.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

[quoted image]

Meh...
Give me Doom, Mortal Kombat, Sonic the Hedgehog

#135 4 years ago

I voted Rick and Morty.

Admittedly, never even heard of Stranger Things :

Is it bigger than The Walking Dead? or The Sopranos?

Because I never saw either of those...but at least I had heard of them. And they made them into pinball machines that kinda suck, imo.

So, I'm not holding out much breakout pinball hope for a Stern Stranger Things.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I voted Rick and Morty.
Admittedly, never even heard of Stranger Things :
Is it bigger than The Walking Dead? or The Sopranos?
Because I never saw either of those...but at least I had heard of them. And they made them into pinball machines that kinda suck, imo.
So, I'm not holding out much breakout pinball hope for a Stern Stranger Things.

Stranger Things is huge...one of Netflix’s biggest shows. It spans demographics. Kids & adults like it. It’s kinda of like a supernatural Goonies - and takes place in the 80s. Adults like the nostalgia & kids these days are really into the pop culture of the 80s.

#137 4 years ago

Anybody else like reading popular threads on Pinside over a cup(or two) of coffee for pure entertainment value? I honestly don't know people in the real world like some of you folks(thank God). The amount of "I'm right, your wrong!" here is laughable. Makes for a good read when you have a bit of time to kill.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Anybody else like reading popular threads on Pinside over a cup(or two) of coffee for pure entertainment value?

No, I think most of us are here because our employers pay us to be here, or because we are doing extensive pinball data-mining research for the government.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Not a big fan of either, which is actually kind of refreshing because after a decade of themes of dad rock and '80s metal, 1960s TV shows, and classic fantasy movies, I was feeling like they had me a little too easily pegged.
That said, if they ever want to make an Age of Empires or Motorhead themed pinball, I'm all ears.

+ 1 on the Motorhead pin. Speakers would have to be bigger than normal!

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveRivet:

+ 1 on the Motorhead pin. Speakers would have to be bigger than normal!

Let's up it and make it a Spinal Tap pin that has giant speakers that go up to 11.

1 week later
#141 4 years ago

Can't we all just get along?
Schwifty Things.jpgSchwifty Things.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/license-wars-rick-amp-morty-vs-stranger-things/page/3?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.