(Topic ID: 277307)

Liability of selling mods for pinball

By pinball_mutha

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen-capture-4 (resized).png
    873AD909-8A1E-4ED0-90F8-D47157B63706 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago

I've looked into this some and haven't been able to convince myself that it's worth the trouble. I'm no lawyer but this is what I've come to understand:
    - An LLC is a good first step at protecting yourself but it is not fool proof. Legal arguments can be made to come after you personally.
    - If a part you use (like a 5 volt supply) goes bad the lawsuits have to come after you first before they go after the supply manufacturer.
    - Folks always seem to find ways to misuse things in ways you hadn't thought of (this one is based on first hand knowledge).
    - Things I have in mind don't have enough financial upside to offset lawsuits or even unhappy customers.

So for now I build mostly for myself.

/Mark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/liability-of-selling-mods-for-pinball?tu=markg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.