Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2p3k8s (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3027 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
    44666564 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1548 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1547.PNG
    IMG_2421 (resized).png
    fo3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1046_edit (resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    Night Names (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi, welcome to the LGBT and allied pinball club! While of course everyone is welcome, I hope to be able to connect and chat pinball here with my fellow queer community

Why the LGBT and allied pinball club? Like many other intersectional topics and clubs already on the forum - the ability to connect LGBT and allies in to pinball to build community and chat up pinball et cetera.

My boyfriend and I had our first date at Olaf's in Ballard, Seattle. I said it was for their great burgers Afterwards we went to the gameroom and I let him know I've 'played it a couple times'. Then I start having a huge game on TZ while describing all the shots and modes and how they work together

We've been together about 6 months, 3 months ago I moved White Water in to his house and he's obviously a natural and loves it -- I taught him the quick-flip-backhand to the extra ball target and he's been kicking ass

#7 7 years ago

Thanks Playmatic! I totally agree, I played it at NWPAS for the first time a few years ago when I was just getting more heavy in to pinball after having grown up with High Speed in the house and playing MM at the UW bowling alley. Now my home phone hold music is a 10 minute edit of the music sequence

It's been really fun watching him get sucked in to it. He recently visited his family back east and got asked "what about it do you like?" and had to formulate that thought for the first time -- he says he went with "theme, sound, it's easy for a beginner to know what to shoot for."

Awesome Trunchbull We were out and I was describing Add-A-Ball last night. "Dive, rowdy, dark, Shorty's but a little skeezier" they thought I was badmouthing it until I continued with "it's awesome one of my favorites and I can't wait to show Chris" I've got to get back there for a weekly soon!

#8 7 years ago

Hahaaa Playmatic - Portland's totally Seattle's sister-pinball-city

#11 7 years ago

Totally vid - I personally identify as queer myself. Friendly queers and the rest of the alphabet welcome

Thanks for the congratulations! Not specific to being queer of course, but it's really special to have a partner so gung-ho about pinball

#14 7 years ago

Well when it was at my house, I kept it at a steep pitch with wide outlanes, no EBs and hard rules. At his house it's level and factory, he's doing awesome and getting regularly in the 400M+ and cracked 600 multiple times! For brand new to pinball that's amazing and I'm super proud!

The problem is I've stacked the high scores with 2B+ and 4B GC

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Great material

Ya wiener

#17 7 years ago

Well it's difficult to compare across machines too - I did a tear down and rebuild at his place so it's playing on-point, and in his place where he gets to play it any time he wants. Crush it and go for the 5x MB stack

#19 7 years ago

Hi, nice collection! It's all over the place, I bet you get to exercise a lot of skills with it. Congrats, have 17 credits on me

#22 7 years ago

But you're in Portland! Pinballmap.com/portland lists five White Waters on location

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

I can't remember my WH20 score, but if there's a MM in your area, try beating my 110mil GC! Now THAT was a rush. I think I spent most of the game in multiball just staring at the flippers.

Just Friday!!!! I've been playing MM since middle school when they had it at the UW Hub games area. My friend has an MMR (level, medium rules) and was having a pinball party to say farewell to the pinball interns. I've been to Battle For The Kingdom once before in my life. That Friday I was having a damn killer game and my ball 2 (with EBs) went on forever. Ended up beating Battle For The Kingdom for my first time in my entire life. 360M - doubled the existing GC

#36 7 years ago

Hi mbaumle, hi Rick, welcome to the club, hope you find it a friendly place

#39 7 years ago

Don't mind me... my replacement label maker just arrived

I'm just sitting here trying to dig up the part numbers for the misc. screws I have in baggies. If anyone has tips for identifying them I'll take them

IMG_20160828_195503 (resized).jpgIMG_20160828_195503 (resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

(inserts joke about getting screwed)
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself

With this kit I'm covered even if I bust a 4422-01117-00.

https://www.amazon.com/DYMO-LabelManager-Label-Maker-1768960
    https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-25-Removable-Compartment-Professional-Organizer/dp/B00005QWYF

#48 7 years ago

Welcome MapleSyrup I think we've got rainbow colored spinner decals.

Playmatic - having a hard time getting Marco's search page to reliably load, which is where I've been getting my part numbers to print my labels. In between that playing a couple games of NGG and listening to podcasts. Bed soon though.

#51 7 years ago

Thanks, you too

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Thanks. Our collection wasn't exactly up to date. I just updated it so now it's right. I buy, play & sell quite often so our collection is always changing. I really think a collection should be diverse. That's why we have had EMs, pitch and bats, redemption games, arcade games and games from nearly every decade from the 50's and up.
    Favorites... Hmmm, usually our favorite game is the most recent one we've purchased. Its always fun to play a "new" game. The twilight zone is one of our favorites. I'm having it restored right now. I really like rescue 911 too.
    One day we will own a RR WOZ and a walking dead le. They're too expensive now though.

Yeah I love the range and I'm sure they all play so differently it keeps it very interesting and develops a lot of skills. I don't have enough space (no space right now) and I'm too in to the 90s games, but some day..

Quoted from GreenWave:

Thanks for starting this thread, MCC. I think it's a great idea, and I'm very glad to see someone take the initiative and start it up!

Thank you Real credit goes to Playmatic though, thanks Playmatic!

Quoted from vid1900:

The longer I stare at it, the more possibilities come to mind.......

Love it.

Quoted from Drenden:

Thanks.. I just spit out my coffee. LOL
    Life long Ally. More people need to be accepting and tolerant. And i'm referring to tolerance of shitty pinball players.
    Great thread! Please don't anyone bring stupidity in here and derail it.
    Thanks!

Zero problem with new or poor players... we're all just having fun, right?

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Also, RIP Gene Wilder. He was a wonderful actor, and will be missed.
    After his wife passed of cancer he Started "Gilda's club", which is an all inclusive cancer & support group that includes networking for gay men with cancer.

I just heard about that... too bad. I host a dance radio show and got an email asking to play Ford - Pure Imagination next time I'm on.

#103 7 years ago

Everyone loves Wet Willy!

And the shots and flow of the game are awesome

#134 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Do tell us more about your dance radio show?

I've volunteered at the public station http://www.c895.org/ for a long time on air and engineering. I'm in a project right now to help replace and update a lot of their computer systems. I'm on air this Thursday 8p to 11p pacific

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've never been to a gay bar. Are they called that for the clientele that frequents the bar or because the bar actively advertises as such?

Depends on the venue but in my experience it's been both. I'm not a clubber or bar regular but I'll go out occasionally with friends, and there are styles and atmospheres all over the map. In Seattle I've heard The Cuff has a pair of pinball machines sometimes on free play http://pinballmap.com/seattle/?by_location_id=1150

Quoted from yancy:

Long story short, thanks LGBTQ community for making this ally feel welcome enough to get hooked on pinball.

Welcome to the club and love me some Pin Bot!!! When I interned at my last job a coworker had Pin Bot in his office - my first exposure to the game, and also how I knew I was at the right company

#143 7 years ago

MM is known for having a couple trolls.

#172 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wish I could find one IRL to play that was in great condition. I've never seen a game be both so common but all examples totally blown to crap as Gorgar.
    My favorite game on Pinball Arcade.

We had one at Shorty's for a while. Pinball Map says there's one at Add-A-Ball and Seattle Pinball Museum now. If you ever come up this way I'm pretty sure I owe you a drink or two

#202 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Nice, I'll have to visit Ground Kontrol. That's the same place that one bartender told me to visit. I'll definitely go this week or the next.

Absolutely check out Ground Kontrol Good vibe, and machines, also the host of Pinbrawl.

Quoted from PersonX99:

MCC, you guys are not alone out there. My husband & I have been running the FlipOut Pinball Group on Meetup for a few years. AFAIK, it is the 1st LGBT pinball group in the US. We are in NH, but the group has grown in popularity such that we have members attended from MA, ME, RI, NH & VT. The folks here travel for pinball and we have a blast playing. Our game room currently has 12 pins, a MAME and a Jamma multicade. Another member hosts at his place sometimes with 16 pins, 3 standup arcade games, & a Super Chex machines.

Cool!! Sounds like a lot of fun Welcome!

Quoted from vid1900:

If you like your boys young, smooth and slim, Pinball Wizard is your movie.
    ....and of course one of the pins is a Whitewater (MCC is there something you are not telling us???).

Hah!!!!! I need a high res print of that poster!

#215 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I think it is great that this thread was started. I am not at all LGBT, but I have friends and family who are.
    My wife and I visited Seattle last year and it was just awesome. By far the nicest city we had ever been to. It really surprised me how nice it was.
    Chris

I'm glad you had a good time in Seattle I grew up here and feel really lucky for the great people in the pinball scene up here.

2 months later
    #254 7 years ago

I'm still alive but barely - 14 hour days at the radio station recently replacing our main computer systems, then come home at night to program in to the wee hours of the morning. About a year after quitting my day job, the prototype I created is installed and getting rave reviews though Hopefully that means I get a bit of time for Pinside now

#256 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

What radio station were you working at?

C89.5 KNHC

1 month later
    #260 7 years ago

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah!! <3!!

#274 7 years ago

I was in California visiting family over Christmas - great to see my father and family down here. I also got to tell my dad about my (10 mo.) boyfriend and share a picture, which was nice My dad... a good heart but needs some help here. For example a supporter of gay marriage, but "I have to admit it's not normal." Hurtful, but thankful for him at the same time. I got him on High Speed though - 5M to 750K

1 week later
    #341 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Sadly no, but we didn't really have time to go out of the way for pinball stuff, though, dang, we were totally right by it. I'm glad Toronto's got a couple pin places now, here's to more! Too bad about the weird laws against them.

If I'm in the north east I'd really love to make it to Sunshine in New York to play Big Bang Bar Only one I've heard of being on location.

#352 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The Silverball Museum in NJ had one the last time I was there.

Lucky north-east!

#353 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I'm sayin.. the people using the words may not understand the meaning, even though you do. I also think uncommon is a good term.. the opposite of common. 9 out of 10 is pretty common, 1 in ten is pretty uncommon. Semantics

I get it but the same as hearing "not normal," my problem is that there's more normal about my boyfriend and my relationship than abnormal! Most of it is talking about each others' days, making dinner, playing with dogs, hugging, and playing pinball

The same way it's uncommon to be an accountant, since most people aren't, or uncommon to live in Oregon, because most people don't, or uncommon to have an affinity for [blank] in a partner... perhaps it's uncommon that I got my BF so in to pinball to the point where he's a kick-ass pinball prodigy It's less common to be queer than not, but I context impacts how I feel when I hear "unnatural, uncommon, or abnormal."

#355 7 years ago

Yes - context - I agree! I was just contributing my perspective, having had the obligation of thinking this through a few times throughout my life because of experiences like the one I shared in the thread a couple days ago, no judging included

5 months later
    #385 6 years ago

In my pinball world two months ago I moved White Water and Road Show in to my then partner, now fiance's house The family that flips together stays together!

1 week later
    #388 6 years ago

Thank you Playmatic, and everyone else for the thumbs ups!! I'm ecstatic over it, and not least by how in to the machines he is - serious pinball protege Playmatic, come up to Seattle to play them!

Swampfire, thank you for the allyship and congratulations for your son's going off to college

1 month later
    #397 6 years ago

Hi weasley!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lgbt-and-allied-pinball-club?tu=mcc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.