Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2p3k8s (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3027 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
    44666564 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1548 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1547.PNG
    IMG_2421 (resized).png
    fo3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1046_edit (resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    Night Names (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 2 years ago

Resurrecting this thread. Where did everyone go?!?!?

#402 2 years ago

things have been exhausting

8 months later
    #403 1 year ago

I just found this thread and read all 9 pages. I’m sorry to have missed out on its heyday, especially for not having met some lovely folks who have gone inactive. Wishing you all light and love, and may your live catches be always pristine and your dead flips always springy <3

#404 1 year ago

Remember the whole "It Gets Better" campaign? Boy does that now feel naive... I never expected such a full-throated backlash against LGBTQ people so close to home.

#405 1 year ago

On a positive note, shout out to all of the Belles & Chimes groups across the continent building some of the most accepting and progressive spaces for LGBTQ people!

#406 1 year ago

I'll just say I am glad to be in MN. For now.

#408 1 year ago

I’m lucky to have spent the last year teaching at a middle school where there’s a good-sized out-and-unashamed lgbtq+ community among the students, who look out for each other, and their cis/het besties look out for them too. And for the general population of the school, whether they exhibit a close connection to the lgbt kids or not, it’s not a political issue for them what anyone’s identity is or what bathroom they use. They’re entirely unbothered by it. I’m sure what I see there is not universal everywhere, but it gives me hope that the kids these days know better than their parents who are still out there causing hell for the community.

#409 1 year ago
    Quoted from cait001:

On a positive note, shout out to all of the Belles & Chimes groups across the continent building some of the most accepting and progressive spaces for LGBTQ people!

I thought Belles and Chimes was women's pinball leagues?

#410 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I thought Belles and Chimes was women's pinball leagues?

Define “Woman”

Unfortunately now, women, especially lesbians have to either sacrifice safety, or suffer as a social pariah.

It’s really sad how the community has been turned against each other and destroyed.

#411 1 year ago

We don't need people trying to bring transphobic nonsense jnto the LGBTQ thread thanks. Take your manufactured moral panic out of here.
    Trolling the LGBTQ thread is not cool.
    No one wants to debate their humanity against 4channer talking points. Our lives are not for your lulz

#412 1 year ago
    Quoted from cait001:

We don't need people trying to bring transphobic nonsense jnto the LGBTQ thread thanks. Take your manufactured moral panic out of here.
    No one wants to debate their humanity against 4channer talking points. Our lives are not for your lulz

I identify as someone from the past where it's okay to laugh at your plight.

Can't you just NOT be exclusive to other people and let in EVERYONE.

Why can't we just be humans who like pinball?

#413 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Longest sigh ever

#414 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Sorry man, I don't see how the club is being exclusive. The title of the club doesn't say "straights: don't apply".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #415 1 year ago

Are men allowed in the belles and chimes club?

#417 1 year ago

Very intolerant of them if that's true.

#418 1 year ago

Why is being gay relevant to pinball?

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Why is being gay relevant to pinball?

It’s just like the pot club, gun club or the muscle car thread. Good for them.

#420 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

Are men allowed in the belles and chimes club?

How does a womens pinball league have anything to do with the LGBTQ pinball club? It doesn't. How wantonly obtuse of you though.
    What do you want to play with the girls solid_snake? Is that it?

#421 1 year ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

It’s just like the pot club, gun club or the muscle car thread. Good for them.

So it's just like a hobby or interest then?

Quoted from cait001:

Look at this leftist brainrot. Like 5 things wrong with this comment

Quoted from Swainer80:

How does a womens pinball league have anything to do with the LGBTQ pinball club? It doesn't. How wantonly obtuse of you though.

Swainer he didn't initially bring up Belles & Chimes, he's just taking this to its logical conclusion

Quoted from cait001:

#422 1 year ago
    2p3k8s (resized).jpg2p3k8s (resized).jpg
    #423 1 year ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

I thought it was an inclusive and accepting place. I guess not.

#424 1 year ago

And another thread becomes a dumpster fire.

#425 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

People are so pissed that they can’t blatantly discuss politics around here that they can’t help but lose their minds and try to find “the angle” every time. It’s like…there’s got to be a way to make a “point” here some how, and dammit, I’m gonna try to find it even there’d absolutely no reason to.

There’s like 4 concurrent Beezelbob threads going for this kind of thing right now, and they are filled with this kind of culture war idiocy. But you don’t see me going in there and trying to mess up the party, do you? There’s zero reason for me to pick a fight there.

It’s a pretty easy concept to just not visit and post in threads like that when you have zero interest in the subject, and you know your “wisdom” would be completely unnecessary and unwelcome. But that would mean not acting like a raging asshole for 5 minutes and that’s just too tough for some people in 2022.

#426 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Wasn’t my intention to minimize the importance of surrounding yourself with allies. My daughter is gay and I couldn’t be more proud, supportive & loving.
    If you have nothing good to say here just do the classy thing and move on.

#427 1 year ago

Uh oh. Skullet’s here. I’m out

#428 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Well when you get a cadre of angry folks that have noting better to do than stir the pot with their political undertones . . . it makes the world and this site a worse place. The amazing part is when they think that the website is against "them" and "they" are in the minority.

#429 1 year ago

This is a club thread for lgbt folks and allies, as per the title. Anyone who is here to try to stir up a discussion about the validity of lgbt folks is posting off-topic. IMO the best response is report them for being off topic and don’t bother talking to them. They’re not actually here for a real discussion.

“They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert.”

- Sartre

#430 1 year ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Glad to know that the you’re the official gatekeeper of the community.
    Hopefully one day, by your grace, I will be allowed to express my personal identity, should it please your political, inflammatory hogwash.

#431 1 year ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Remember the whole "It Gets Better" campaign? Boy does that now feel naive... I never expected such a full-throated backlash against LGBTQ people so close to home.

This thread was completely fine until you resurrected it, crying wolf OUT OF NOWHERE.
    Your homophobic-baiting accomplished exactly what you wanted.
    Using the community as a bullseye to stir drama. And then shielding yourself, while attacking the same people that you claim to be apart of.

I personally hate inserting my sex/orientation/identity into pinball out of nowhere because it’s about having fun and enjoying the machines, not a pity/victimhood contest. Apparently I can’t have an opinion unless I qualify myself towards you, and I don’t fall for that anti-gay gatekeeping bait.

#432 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s a pretty easy concept to just not visit and post in threads like that when you have zero interest in the subject, and you know your “wisdom” would be completely unnecessary and unwelcome.

It’s like going in the Cryptocurrency Thread, and chatting up copper! Who does that???

and yet, people calmly discussed Bitcoin vs. copper and nobody was vilified.. And we all lose in a recession- oh, wrong thread..

#433 1 year ago

Surprised i havent posted in this thread yet!

Hi to all! Been out for over 16 yrs now and playing pinball since the late 70's! Started collecting games in 2006.

Any LGBTQ centric tourneys coming up?

#434 1 year ago

Occasional outbursts like this are handy for sussing out the assholes in the community.

#435 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Occasional outbursts like this are handy for sussing out the assholes in the community.

Yeah, especially when you have someone downvoting @dos_reboot’s simple introduction post. That’s when you know you’re dealing with a real piece of work, just desperately lashing out indiscriminately. You’d think the title would be a clue, this might not be their kinda thread. I mean, you won’t find me in the gun thread.

#436 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

I’m lucky to have spent the last year teaching at a middle school where there’s a good-sized out-and-unashamed lgbtq+ community among the students, who look out for each other, and their cis/het besties look out for them too. And for the general population of the school, whether they exhibit a close connection to the lgbt kids or not, it’s not a political issue for them what anyone’s identity is or what bathroom they use. They’re entirely unbothered by it. I’m sure what I see there is not universal everywhere, but it gives me hope that the kids these days know better than their parents who are still out there causing hell for the community.

It's one thing to "cause hell", and it's another thing to have genuine concerns about whether your child really is gay or just trying to be trendy. Because not having a clear answer can have disastrous consequences.

#437 1 year ago

If you are new to pinside and just finding this thread: please know that the pinball community is filled with many incredible people and can be very accepting. Most pinball groups I know are very welcoming and won't tolerate trollish behaviour and anti-LGBTQ attacks.
    There are some places in the world where LGBTQ rights are backsliding, but overall those are few. There are some people whose main approach to LGBTQ people is to use them as a punching bag, both figuratively and literally, and those people are diminishing.

I highly recommend putting the people who would denigrate your existence on "Ignore" here. They aren't worth your time. They often have long post histories of dogwhistles mocking women, LGBTQ, BIPOC, and others. Their lack of dignity and understanding they offer up to the world isn't worth your energy. There are far more amazing people in pinball who want you here than the few keyboard warriors who are here to mock and jeer.

To survive and thrive despite them can be revolutionary.

#438 1 year ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

I thought it was an inclusive and accepting place. I guess not.

Oh, the old pigeon playing chess move. Congrats on your win! You are such a winner!

#439 1 year ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Oh, the old pigeon playing chess move. Congrats on your win! You are such a winner!

I always see folks picturing themselves as Captain Kirk getting the better of a confused, evil computer when they drop this kind of sick burn.

“Your mission is to be accepting and tolerant…but you ARENT tolerant of people whose opinions disgust you! Therefore it is YOU WHO ARE INTOLERANT!!!”

“But I am programmed to be tolerant..:but I am intolerant….but I must be tolerant….”

BOOOOOOM! Nomad explodes in a shower of smoke and sparks!!!

#440 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This thread was completely fine until you resurrected it, crying wolf OUT OF NOWHERE.
    Your homophobic-baiting accomplished exactly what you wanted.
    Using the community as a bullseye to stir drama. And then shielding yourself, while attacking the same people that you claim to be apart of.
    I personally hate inserting my sex/orientation/identity into pinball out of nowhere because it’s about having fun and enjoying the machines, not a pity/victimhood contest. Apparently I can’t have an opinion unless I qualify myself towards you, and I don’t fall for that anti-gay gatekeeping bait.

I have to call out your BS, man.

1) She didn't resurrect the thread. I know you your ilk and the like to be the aggrieved and the righteous ones but in this case the nonsense assertion doesn't jibe, period. Argue it all you want. It will be entertaining to watch

2) Are you not able to handle yourself as an adult and NOT take the "homophobic-bait"?!? What kind of pathetic lack of self control do you NOT have?

3 "I personally hate inserting my sex/orientation/identity into pinball out of nowhere" Then don't. See #2.

#441 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I always see folks picturing themselves as Captain Kirk getting the better of a confused, evil computer when they drop this kind of sick burn.

You'll never guess he always wanted to start a white student union back in school; that'll show'em!
    Oh you did guess? Yeah not that original really.

#442 1 year ago

Cool story bro story here…

My uncle is gay. When I was about 9 or 10 I referred to him as a fag in front of my grandpa (his dad)…well my grandpa who was a very conservative modest man apparently used this as an opportunity to ask his son if he was gay without actually asking him by instead asking him what a “fag” was because that’s what I called him…well that eventually got back to me and i was so embarrassed…even to this day some 35 years later I feel slightly awkward every time I see him

Then a couple years ago I come to find out that I’m listed as his sole beneficiary since he has no kids…clearly he’s a much better dude than me.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s like 4 concurrent Beezelbob threads going for this kind of thing right now, and they are filled with this kind of culture war idiocy. But you don’t see me going in there and trying to mess up the party, do you? There’s zero reason for me to pick a fight there.

Ah man head on over…I’m dropping some self promotional gems in there

1 week later
    #443 1 year ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

Surprised i havent posted in this thread yet!
    Hi to all! Been out for over 16 yrs now and playing pinball since the late 70's! Started collecting games in 2006.
    Any LGBTQ centric tourneys coming up?

I wish there were enough of us in an area to do this.

There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lgbt-and-allied-pinball-club/page/9?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.