Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2p3k8s (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3027 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
    44666564 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1548 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1547.PNG
    IMG_2421 (resized).png
    fo3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1046_edit (resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    Night Names (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Not a Troll, just trying to liven up a thread that's been dead for weeks. They need some attention.

Last legitimate post was ONE day ago, not weeks.

#302 7 years ago

Who are "they"?

#303 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#304 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Do not argue and feed the troll. Send in an abuse report and he will no doubt be banned from the thread.

What abuse?

#305 7 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Do not argue and feed the troll. Send in an abuse report and he will no doubt be banned from the thread.

Make it so!

Yes, filing an abuse report on such posts is the way to go. Do not derail topics by feeding trolls. Thanks.

Seriously, the remark by Pinbum was way out of line. That type of posting is not welcome on Pinside.

#306 7 years ago

Why are you in this thread?

#307 7 years ago

I'd like to personally give my gratitude to robin , Whysnow & Taxman for standing up for everyone under their wing today. You're all very beautiful people.

#308 7 years ago

You can always count on (personal attack removed) Pinbaum and Oegist to class up a thread and spread the sunshine. The way those two are always "thumbing up" each other makes you wonder if they really DO belong here.

#309 7 years ago

Spent a couple days with the hubby in Toronto, which is a city crying out for more barcodes, or at least more pins in more places. We did stumble across a Stern Star Trek, which had some credits on it, and he gave me a run for my money with a good multiball. Such an LGBT friendly city!

#310 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Spent a couple days with the hubby in Toronto, which is a city crying out for more barcodes, or at least more pins in more places. We did stumble across a Stern Star Trek, which had some credits on it, and he gave me a run for my money with a good multiball. Such an LGBT friendly city!

did you make it out to tilt? http://www.blogto.com/bars/tilt-toronto/

#314 7 years ago

Glad to see that my favorite ignored bigots got the moderation they deserved. In my opinion, Pinside would be a much better community if they were just removed entirely but I do appreciate that their trolling is not tolerated in this tread.

Happy New Year to all of my LGBT Pinsiders and their allies!

Love wins friends. Don't let a couple of jackasses make you think differently. Happy Flipping in 2017!

#316 7 years ago

All forums eject? Now I want to know what he said!

#317 7 years ago

best thing to do to a troll is to completely ignore them.

It drives them crazy when they check a thread they posted in to find that no one had responded to them one way or the other.

#318 7 years ago

I'm still relatively new to Pinside but being this is the first time I've seen this thread I must say if you you are a homophobe, biggot, or any of the other racist against these individuals.....LEAVE.

I'm a Caucasian, middle aged, heterosexual make. I've always considered my self to be a " Conservative " and always voted Republican.

I say these things because in today's society there is so much negative floating around the LGBT community on-lookers. I have a gay uncle and to be honest you, couldn't pick him apart out of a hundred " straight " individuals. I am aware like every gender, ethnicity, and so on....you are going to have some extremes or people who push the envelope but MOST of the gays, lesbians, and all the others ( sorry I can't remember all the terms ) just want to lead their lives in which is their God given right. If they want to start their own thread, let them do it. I'm pretty sure when I signed up for this forum I saw nothing that excluded them. This sight is to bring the pinball community closer and to reach out to one another, not to bash folks on their sexual orientation.

....and to be honest to all you bashers, I've seen PLENTY of stupid a__ threads on here your small feeble minds can go and attack or....or...take a long walk off a short cliff.

#319 7 years ago

The avatar is really threatening, especially in this thread. Just an observation from someone who has had to deal with this kind of stuff his entire life.

#320 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

The avatar is really threatening, especially in this thread. Just an observation from someone who has had to deal with this kind of stuff his entire life.

I've had it for 10 years, nobody has ever had a problem with it.
    Enlarge it and it says "Wrong House" as in my house

#321 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

actually you have only been around for 7 years. UNtil today I did not realize you had an avatar that was pointing a gun at everyone.

Toss on the comments you have made recently and it is in fact an inappropriate avatar.

#322 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

actually you have only been around for 7 years. UNtil today I did not realize you had an avatar that was pointing a gun at everyone.
    Toss on the comments you have made recently and it is in fact an inappropriate avatar.

I've only been here for 7 years.
    This isn't the only site on the internet is it.

#323 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Would a bow and arrow be better?

#324 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

The avatar is really threatening, especially in this thread.

My God, seriously?

#325 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

You participate on an LGBT thread, make crap remarks and have a gun pointing at whoever looks at your avatar. The combination of the three is threatening. Have the guts to walk in my shoes for a week and then you might understand how this can be taken.

Also, pretty chickenshit to send a PM and not accept a reply.

#326 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Would a bow and arrow be better?

[Image/post mismatch]

pointing any sort of waepon at someone would be pretty stupid and interpreted as threatening, esp given some of your comments.

The better question is would you show up at a pinball gathering with a gun pointed at people or a bow and arrow and think it is approriate or non-confrontational.

If you would not do it in real life, then why do it here amongst your firends and fellow pinball enthusiasts. What reaction are you wanting to elicit?

#327 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

You participate on an LGBT thread, make crap remarks and have a gun pointing at whoever looks at your avatar. The combination of the three is threatening. Have the guts to walk in my shoes for a week and then you might understand how this can be taken.
    Also, pretty chickenshit to send a PM and not accept a reply.

I never sent you you a PM. You better check you messages again

#328 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

pointing any sort of waepon at someone would be pretty stupid and interpreted as threatening, esp given some of your comments.
    The better question is would you show up at a pinball gathering with a gun pointed at people or a bow and arrow and think it is approriate or non-confrontational.
    If you would not do it in real life, then why do it here amongst your firends and fellow pinball enthusiasts. What reaction are you wanting to elicit?

It's only a picture, it's not real.

#329 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

It's only a picture, it's not real.

I cant tell if you are just trolling or iggnorant to the fact that an avatar of you pointing a gun at every person you interact with could be interpreted as stupid (minimally) and offensive (more likely), esp when you post/thumbs up/support biggoted remarks in a LGBT thread.

Care to explain.

#330 7 years ago

This whole thing is over me giving a thumbs down vote. That's all I did. All the rest is on you guys

#331 7 years ago

Geezus, you really feel threatened by seeing a PICTURE of a weapon??? This is the definition of people just looking for something to be offended by. 44666564 (resized).jpg44666564 (resized).jpg

#332 7 years ago

Moderation notice:
    If you want to discuss 0geist0 avatar please move it to a different thread or to PM.
    This is club thread, do not derail it, thanks.

#333 7 years ago

Exactly. And if you have a problem with a particular Pinsiders avatar (or post for that matter), please report it via the abuse report button or a moderator feedback thread. The mod team will decide wether or not it's appropriate and take action if they feel it is needed. This is not for open discussion and certainly not adding anything to the topic so please knock it off.

#334 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Exactly. And if you have a problem with a particular Pinsiders avatar (or post for that matter), please report it via the abuse report button or a moderator feedback thread. The mod team will decide wether or not it's appropriate and take action if they feel it is needed. This is not for open discussion and certainly not adding anything to the topic so please knock it off.

my apologies.

#335 7 years ago

Sadly no, but we didn't really have time to go out of the way for pinball stuff, though, dang, we were totally right by it. I'm glad Toronto's got a couple pin places now, here's to more! Too bad about the weird laws against them.

#336 7 years ago

"it has to warm up first...SO IT CAN MULTIPOST!"

#337 7 years ago

Ehhh... immaturity can be entertaining and enlightening. Feature request: instead of just deleting the crap, could you please consider hiding it behind a NSFW or similar tag instead? Little troll icon, click to reveal. I want to know how people truly think, so I can react accordingly whenever I may run into them down the road. "Removed by moderator" isn't helpful... I've seen folks banned for jokes I thought were damn funny and I don't want to assume someone's a jerk when in reality it was just a misinterpreted joke. OTOH if someone is truly vile, I really want to know that as well. Removal of information doesn't help us learn about each other.

#338 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Ehhh... immaturity can be entertaining and enlightening. Feature request: instead of just deleting the crap, could you please consider hiding it behind a NSFW or similar tag instead? Little troll icon, click to reveal. I want to know how people truly think, so I can react accordingly whenever I may run into them down the road. "Removed by moderator" isn't helpful... I've seen folks banned for jokes I thought were damn funny and I don't want to assume someone's a jerk when in reality it was just a misinterpreted joke. OTOH if someone is truly vile, I really want to know that as well. Removal of information doesn't help us learn about each other.

that is a valid point, esp since presquisle was a supporter here and I think the full edit to remove makes him actually look bad when he was infact being supportive of others (just brought in politics)

#339 7 years ago

Can a mod please just remove ALL the mean spirited posts from the last day? This nonsense is just polluting the thread and bringing it down. When the thread was started the word was please be respectful.

FYI, I am straight but don't judge. Live and let live.

#340 7 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation notice:
    If you want to discuss 0geist0 avatar please move it to a different thread or to PM.
    This is club thread, do not derail it, thanks.

With all due respect to the mods, his very presence in this thread derails it.

He is only here to cause problems and we all know it.

#341 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Sadly no, but we didn't really have time to go out of the way for pinball stuff, though, dang, we were totally right by it. I'm glad Toronto's got a couple pin places now, here's to more! Too bad about the weird laws against them.

If I'm in the north east I'd really love to make it to Sunshine in New York to play Big Bang Bar Only one I've heard of being on location.

#342 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcc:

If I'm in the north east I'd really love to make it to Sunshine in New York to play Big Bang Bar Only one I've heard of being on location.

The Silverball Museum in NJ had one the last time I was there.

#343 7 years ago

Just wanted to extend the invite to all... If you are ever coming through Madison and want to pinball, please hit me up.

Over 25 games on route plus another 15 (oddballs) set up at home.

We would be happy to host you and your SO for some pinballin fun!

#344 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just wanted to extend the invite to all... If you are ever coming through Madison and want to pinball, please hit me up.

Over 25 games on route plus another 15 (oddballs) set up at home.

We would be happy to hot you and your SO for some pinballin fun!

Will take you up on that offer if Pat and I are ever in the area. Perfect typo BTW

#345 7 years ago

Hello all....just saw this thread for the first time today. Guess you could call me an ally. Never had a lot of exposure growing up in a small town but I also never understood the hostility towards people who are not "just like you". Live and let live.

One thing that has always irked me is the whole "unnatural" argument? Is everyone (that uses that argument) just that ignorant? It's the worst one of them all because it's the furthest from reality. There is absolutely nothing unnatural about being homosexual. It occurs in every single species on Earth (assumed - 1500 observed) and in roughly the same proportion of the population.

All I know is that if one of my kids ever came to me and said they were gay I would reply "whatever makes you happy".

#346 7 years ago

The other part of that view is the idea that an LGBT person decides at some point that they're non-heterosexual, which is like deciding that you have two arms (with which to play pinball, naturally!).

#347 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

One thing that has always irked me is the whole "unnatural" argument? Is everyone (that uses that argument) just that ignorant? It's the worst one of them all because it's the furthest from reality.

Just mentally sub "uncommon" whenever you hear "unnatural" and all will be good. Many people say unnatural when they really mean uncommon, and the ones that don't aren't worth your time.

#348 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Just mentally sub "uncommon" whenever you hear "unnatural" and all will be good. Many people say unnatural when they really mean uncommon, and the ones that don't aren't worth your time.

Well.....I can't. Unnatural literally means "can't occur in nature", which is pretty far from "uncommon". I really wouldn't even consider it all that uncommon. One in a million is pretty uncommon....one in ten or even twenty isn't.

#349 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Well.....I can't. Unnatural literally means "can't occur in nature", which is pretty far from "uncommon". I really wouldn't even consider it all that uncommon. One in a million is pretty uncommon....one in ten or even twenty isn't.

I'm sayin.. the people using the words may not understand the meaning, even though you do. I also think uncommon is a good term.. the opposite of common. 9 out of 10 is pretty common, 1 in ten is pretty uncommon. Semantics

#350 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

All I know is that if one of my kids ever came to me and said they were gay I would reply "whatever makes you happy".

Another great response might be 'I love you and you will always be able to count on your parents.' I'm sure that would definitely make them happy.

There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lgbt-and-allied-pinball-club/page/7?hl=emagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.