Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2p3k8s (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3027 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
    44666564 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1548 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1547.PNG
    IMG_2421 (resized).png
    fo3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1046_edit (resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    Night Names (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Jeez, one time I said the "cat plastic" on Lethal Weapon 3 was the gayest and it was nothing but PC Bros down thumbing and getting on their soapbox about intolerance.
    But look how far Pinside has come now! We can openly discuss the gayest pinball machine of all time!
    Seriously though, I fully support the LGB community - several family members are gay and married; close friends are gay and married; and I also am an ordained minister who performs same sex wedding ceremonies.

A minister from West Virginia that performs gay marriages is impressive.

#102 7 years ago

Today my boyfriend asked why so many gay folks like White Water. I told him it's Wet Willie in the raft at the bottom of the playfield.

Ended up in the same old argument as usual.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#103 7 years ago

Everyone loves Wet Willy!

And the shots and flow of the game are awesome

#104 7 years ago

He's the man!

#105 7 years ago

Do tell us more about your dance radio show?

#106 7 years ago

I wish they would remake Cabaret and put Alan Cumming on the back glass.

#107 7 years ago

I'm straight, but enjoy playing pinball with my girlfriend, and I am glad all of you (hopefully) have the freedom to enjoy pinball with your significant other too.

Quoted from dung:

Do we need a club for every specific orientation, political affiliation, eating disorder, mental handicap? Can't we all just get along and play some damn pinball?

Normally anywhere else if I were to even pipe up I would say "That's great, but what does that have to do with anything?! I like you regardless, now let's enjoy the hobby!" (even if it was a topic about straightness) in a kind supportive sort of way but considering pinball spent a very long time in dark spooky likely-hateful bars, it probably feels refreshing to have a space for people to be themselves around their hobby of pinball.

---------------------------------------------------------

Now I have to ask, to the dudes, it is cool having two guys in the house in the pinball hobby? I am picturing a dining room, living room, and half of a kitchen filled with pinball machines. Maybe that's a little sexist, but I'm legitimately curious.

#108 7 years ago

Back in the day The Manhole was Chitown's best (with only LAH for a while).

What's today's OTT hotspot? I know Jackhammer's basement bar, with it's "dresscode".....

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I'm straight, but enjoy playing pinball with my girlfriend, and I am glad all of you (hopefully) have the freedom to enjoy pinball with your significant other too.

Normally anywhere else if I were to even pipe up I would say "That's great, but what does that have to do with anything?! I like you regardless, now let's enjoy the hobby!" (even if it was a topic about straightness) in a kind supportive sort of way but considering pinball spent a very long time in dark spooky likely-hateful bars, it probably feels refreshing to have a space for people to be themselves around their hobby of pinball.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Now I have to ask, to the dudes, it is cool having two guys in the house in the pinball hobby? I am picturing a dining room, living room, and half of a kitchen filled with pinball machines. Maybe that's a little sexist, but I'm legitimately curious.

Well, regardless of gender, I can say two significant others with the same hobbies is great! You both get to share the excitement about your new toys and mutually discuss/plan future additions.

Not pinball related, but when you're in a same-sex relationship you can often share/mix n' match clothing if you're the same size which can be fun or at least convenient if in a rush. ^_^

I've dated multiple "coin-op" enthusiasts and it's always been non-stop fun.

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That game used to take your picture and then display you in a drag queen wig on the backglass monitor.

Way ahead of it's time.

rethemed earthshaker:
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5005

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Hmmm. He has said in a previous thread that a 'pedo fag' hanged out at his arcade...so not sure. Hope he wouldn't be insensitive enough to troll like that. I'll give him the benefit of the the doubt, though.
    Glad everyone feels welcome here on Pinside!
    Edit: and he talked about how 'pedos' would get beat up outside the arcade. Also, they would try to get free games from gays to entice them. I can't link well, but put the key words in search and find it. Troll!!!

He's trolling. He isn't gay as previously stated in this thread. He constantly posts nsfw items demeaning women. So yeah he's full of it and it's deplorable he felt the need to come in here and try to make a mockery of this awesome thread.

#112 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I know nothing, except the fact that I have been gay since before you were born.

^^ lie.

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

He's trolling. He isn't gay as previously stated in this thread. He constantly posts nsfw items demeaning women. So yeah he's full of it and it's deplorable he felt the need to come in here and try to make a mockery of this awesome thread.

Sorry, but you seem a bit naive with this post. I don't know Vid personally but I have known several gay men, and women for that matter, who post nsfw items demeaning women.

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Well, regardless of gender, I can say two significant others with the same hobbies is great! You both get to share the excitement about your new toys and mutually discuss/plan future additions.

For sure. Since I married PavBall - who has fallen in love with pinball - my collection has grown from 4 to 15 games. Heck, the last game we got (a Metallica) she literally made me buy!

It is incredibly fun having a significant other in the same hobby. Just planning and plotting what to do with the collection and where to place which machine is fun.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

For sure. Since I married PavBall - who has fallen in love with pinball - my collection has grown from 4 to 15 games. Heck, the last game we got (a Metallica) she literally made me buy!
    It is incredibly fun having a significant other in the same hobby. Just planning and plotting what to do with the collection and where to place which machine is fun.

agreed!

Only problem is when both people have their foot on the gas, there are no brakes

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Hmmm. He has said in a previous thread that a 'pedo fag' hanged out at his arcade...so not sure. Hope he wouldn't be insensitive enough to troll like that. I'll give him the benefit of the the doubt, though.
    Glad everyone feels welcome here on Pinside!
    Edit: and he talked about how 'pedos' would get beat up outside the arcade. Also, they would try to get free games from gays to entice them. I can't link well, but put the key words in search and find it. Troll!!!

Ah yes, the late 70's early 80's....good times. It was basically sink or swim back then. Our parents had a bunch of kids figuring they might lose a few through attrition.

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

He's trolling.

Who would be a bigger troll in this thread than a goofy straight guy, trying to educate us gay guys, on Drag or transvestism?

Or that a pin with a Drag theme was the **gayest** pinball machine (as if being in drag somehow defines you as gay)?

Six of us had a bet going on how soon you would start quoting Urban Dictionary, or The Birdcage as proof of your nonsense.

-

If you want to support us, then you are welcome to wave the LGBTQ flag.

Don't come here and try teach what you know less than nothing about.

LGBTrights (resized).jpgLGBTrights (resized).jpg

#118 7 years ago

Another ally here, all are welcome the The Dive Bar Arcade if your'e in Charlotte hit me up!

#119 7 years ago

Snake!

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 7.22.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-08-30 at 7.22.22 AM (resized).png

#120 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I was not born in the USA.
    No birth certificate has ever been issued to me.
    I do pay taxes to the USA and own property, so I'm about 61% legit.

My boss was born in '68 and doesn't have a birth certificate or social security number and he also pays taxes. It amazes people when they hear that.

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

Moderator note: no need to start questioning whether someone belongs in the thread. If they are here and playing nice and enjoying the thread and not bothering any one they can stay. If they are trolling and it comes out eventually then we will deal with it then.

Let's not start questioning people or their motives in the open thread itself. Please pm a mod or start a feedback thread with any questions or if you feel there is someone trolling that we are not catching.

I'm monitoring this thread fairly closely. Vid's posts have been fine in my eyes and none of the thread's members have complained about him in any way.

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

A minister from West Virginia that performs gay marriages is impressive.

I've got a monopoly down here!

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

My boss was born in '68 and doesn't have a birth certificate or social security number and he also pays taxes. It amazes people when they hear that.

In the USA, birth (and death) is supposed to require a clinical, expensive, hospitalization.

People in the States are amazed that I was born at home, on my grandmother's kitchen table, just like all my father and his father.

Perfectly natural, and of course, my foreskin is intact.

#124 7 years ago

Last year I performed the ceremony for a couple of guys who I found out were also big WWE wrestling fans, just like I have been since a kid.

So I busted out my old Undertaker tie for the ceremony (with their approval of course) and afterwards I was asked to stick around and enjoy the reception and bust out my awful dance moves.

12006443_10153393767699597_834153962329181289_o (resized).jpg12006443_10153393767699597_834153962329181289_o (resized).jpg

12087922_10153393817559597_8321673847675121738_o (resized).jpg12087922_10153393817559597_8321673847675121738_o (resized).jpg

#125 7 years ago

If it wasn't for the one gay bar in my college town, I probably wouldn't be into pinball. My record store co-workers and I would go there on Saturday nights, because one of our friends DJed the weekly drag show. Great music, and the place was plenty big enough to accommodate straight allies who quickly learned it was the one cool bar in town. Way more fun than could be had in any of the redneck townie bars or frat houses. I'd often party with that crowd after the bar closed and wind up at breakfast with a few makeup-smeared guys & gals.

Anyway, the bar had a Pin-Bot and was near campus. I'd walk over there when I had free time on weekdays, so I could actually hear the game, play when sober, etc. As luck would have it, I ran into an old friend a couple times who was also going there for Pin-Bot. We shared notes on other locations we knew about, reconnected as friends, and started playing around town together. He didn't fully catch the disease, but almost 20 years later I'm a pinball lifer.

Long story short, thanks LGBTQ community for making this ally feel welcome enough to get hooked on pinball.

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Woo! What a cool thread. While I'm not part of the LGBT community directly, I do consider myself an ally. My very close friend, Blake, just became married this last December in a very beautiful ceremony. ...
    Anyway, he and I love pinball and go to shows together. His husband, on the other hand, is not so keen on the hobby, but Blake and myself are trying hard to show him "the way of the silver ball" and convince him to let Blake have more than just one game.
    Its a work in progress

It is nice to know that all spouses get pissed about too many pinball machines, not just wives.

#127 7 years ago

As it so happens, the only pinball machine on location here that I know of is a TSPP at a gay bar. I haven't been there but need to check it out sometime.

#128 7 years ago

I've never been to a gay bar. Are they called that for the clientele that frequents the bar or because the bar actively advertises as such?

#129 7 years ago

I haven't been to one either, but this one actively advertises as such. Think that's usually the case.

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

goofy straight guy

I'm not a guy. So yeah.

#131 7 years ago

If you are ever in Akron, OH check out Tear-EZ ( pronounced Terry's ). Small venue but lots of energetic drag shows. They have a Hollywood Heat. Nice shape, LEDs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/6776-tear-ez-akron-ohi-united-states

All the places in Cbus are mostly heavy on the dance scene or too fancy for pins. But still...when you're in Cbus are you thinking about pinball? I mean I am but...hahahah. So plenty of pinball to be played....either way. And a super friendly town

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I also am an ordained minister who performs same sex wedding ceremonies.

I too am a registered minister who can perform wedding ceremonies.

If anyone wants to get married at a pinball event or otherwise, just holler.

Behold, my church: http://unitedchurchofbacon.org/

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I've got a monopoly down here!

That is sad that you are so rare, but thank you for your service.

#134 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Do tell us more about your dance radio show?

I've volunteered at the public station http://www.c895.org/ for a long time on air and engineering. I'm in a project right now to help replace and update a lot of their computer systems. I'm on air this Thursday 8p to 11p pacific

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've never been to a gay bar. Are they called that for the clientele that frequents the bar or because the bar actively advertises as such?

Depends on the venue but in my experience it's been both. I'm not a clubber or bar regular but I'll go out occasionally with friends, and there are styles and atmospheres all over the map. In Seattle I've heard The Cuff has a pair of pinball machines sometimes on free play http://pinballmap.com/seattle/?by_location_id=1150

Quoted from yancy:

Long story short, thanks LGBTQ community for making this ally feel welcome enough to get hooked on pinball.

Welcome to the club and love me some Pin Bot!!! When I interned at my last job a coworker had Pin Bot in his office - my first exposure to the game, and also how I knew I was at the right company

#135 7 years ago

Im not gay, but have many friends who are. We all love pinball, the common denominator. Growing up a punk rocker I spent lots of times in gay bars, where people didn't judge you. People are people and we all have similar struggles.

#136 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm just an ally, but in my limited experience gay bars are pretty much like any other bar. There's just more potential for fun depending on what is going on that night.

The people seem to be way cooler at a gay bar as well.

#137 7 years ago

Hi everyone Glad to see this thread! My husband and I enjoy pinball a lot and we're happy to be part of this club

#138 7 years ago

I love finding little innuendoes in pinball machine art. Here's one I noticed on my Lights Camera Action game the other day.

Note how each "face" has an apt illustration as to who they represent. "Ace" is a cool guy. "King" is the police officer. "Jack" is the bad guy. "Ten" is the 'hot' lady (I'm sure as a reference to the number scale system used to describe women's apparent attractiveness).

Note "Queen." When I showed my buddy, Blake, he goes "Of course they'd give him an ascot and call him queen! What, are they implying he's gay?? What a trip!"

LCA.jpgLCA.jpg

The story goes, that LCA was supposed to be a card themed game, but the theme was changed during development but the "draw cards" feature was retained. Funny to see how they decided to illustrate the face cards!

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Any night owls up? Plans for the evening? Just got back from the Pacific NW music festival to see Ween. Was awesome.

Love Ween! They were just in Philly recently, but wasn't able to make it to the show. I've seen them live before...good stuff!!

#140 7 years ago

I like MM, on the back glass, if you look closely...."The King is a Queen" LoL my favorite all time

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I like MM, on the back glass, if you look closely...."The King is a Queen" LoL my favorite all time

That's my least favorite thing about MM. I always found it derogatory.

#142 7 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

#143 7 years ago

MM is known for having a couple trolls.

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I guess it all is about how you view things. First time I've seen it myself, and I totally thought to myself "not cool". If you're LGBT and like it I'm definitely not going to judge either, though.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

As for clubs, the clientele obviously varies from place to place as well as night to night. Most gay clubs I've been to do advertise as such in one LGBT-Positive way or another. I've been to a club that was swarming with nothing but men and went with a straight male ally friend and we had a blast. Even ended up going home with some guy and his boyfriend with similar hobbies to continue the party and it was an extremely fun and memorable night. There's not many times that I go out drinking that I'd call "memorable", usually I guage how much fun I had by how *little* I remember!

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Hi everyone Glad to see this thread! My husband and I enjoy pinball a lot and we're happy to be part of this club

Nice, Wacky. I had no idea that you were LGBT. Congrats on the pinball friendly marriage!

#146 7 years ago

I'm exhausted after yesterday's pinball outting, but in a few hours going to head out to a place that has many many classic machines on site. My boyfriend is still sleeping but I know that he's super excited to try out a lot of machines as he mostly has only slightly experienced most games via Pinball Arcade emulation. Like most of us will probably agree, nothing beats the real deal. A machine is a full eyes, ears & hands-on experience that can't truly be emulated.

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I love finding little innuendoes in pinball machine art. Here's one I noticed on my Lights Camera Action game the other day.
    Note how each "face" has an apt illustration as to who they represent. "Ace" is a cool guy. "King" is the police officer. "Jack" is the bad guy. "Ten" is the 'hot' lady (I'm sure as a reference to the number scale system used to describe women's apparent attractiveness).
    Note "Queen." When I showed my buddy, Blake, he goes "Of course they'd give him an ascot and call him queen! What, are they implying he's gay?? What a trip!"

The story goes, that LCA was supposed to be a card themed game, but the theme was changed during development but the "draw cards" feature was retained. Funny to see how they decided to illustrate the face cards!

That's pretty funny. I never noticed that before. I wonder if the pics are references to actor from the 80s. King almost looks like a Dirty Harry type and 10 could be a reference to the movie 10 starring Bo Derek. The ascot on a male character in the 80s was a necessity for a feminine man but the first one I thought of was Don Knotts from Three's Company.

#148 7 years ago

Don Knott's is so funny. Love him.

#149 7 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Sorry, but you seem a bit naive with this post. I don't know Vid personally but I have known several gay men, and women for that matter, who post nsfw items demeaning women.

I suppose I can be considered guilty as such as I can have a lewd sense of humor, but I have nothing but love for every sex & gender including non-binary folks. I've dated both men & women (including trans folks) and every single relationship has been what I'd view as completely normal. I don't have delusions of demeaning views that men have to be the breadwinners or that women need to stick to "girly" things or housework. I see nothing wrong with a working mother and stay at home father, etc.

If I make a joke it's because it was just a joke. If I post a picture of a sexual nature of either a male or female, it has nothing to do with hating either men or women but an admiration even if objectification due to my sex-positive & body-positive views. I've had many deep and interesting debates with my boyfriend about what sexism, misandry & misogyny is in the modern age. I do not believe that I'm better than anyone regarding sex, gender, sexual orientation, body type, ability/disability, ethnicity, age, theological views, education or financial situation. Our own perceived perfections and imperfections make us all different.

We can all both celebrate diversity & love pinball.

#150 7 years ago

Once again, gotta' give my praise to the OP and mods.

However, I must disclose that I love everyone in this thread and regardless of marital status or preference I plan you marry each and every one of you. Don't fight it, accept fate.

There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lgbt-and-allied-pinball-club/page/3?hl=rivv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.