Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2p3k8s (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3027 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
    44666564 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1548 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1547.PNG
    IMG_2421 (resized).png
    fo3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1046_edit (resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    Night Names (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
    #51 7 years ago

Thanks, you too

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

I mean the bars here are typically more queer-friendly than in more conservatively-minded towns, like the one I grew up in, which makes them more inviting and less threatening.

My husband got to Smaug multiball on TH and spent the whole thing hunched over the flippers. He actually did really well, and when it was over he turned to me and said "GOD that's intense!".

I agree about bars, I stick to the bigger and queer-friendlier cities. I've spent over 5 years in a tiny 1-horse conservative town and i'd never do it again. I got sick of pretending to be someone whom i'm not to please others all the time. I spent most of my time indoors and doing all my business online. Was a boring life.

As for The Hobbit, looks fun! I can only imagine the multiballs on newer games must be amazing.

#53 7 years ago

My first game on Hobbit I stumbled into stacking Smaug and Troll multiballs, and no game on it yet has lived up to that impossibly high bar, haha.

#54 7 years ago

So my question is which pinball machine is the gayest? Which one is the most lesbian?

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Neuromancer87:

So my question is which pinball machine is the gayest? Which one is the most lesbian?

By name, I suppose "Gay 90's" built in 1970. But that table was about Gay as in happy, 1890's so maybe not. Anyway, I am straight and married to a wonderful woman, but am a strong supporter of this thread. Edit: don't want to make this political or religious or negative in any way and derail the thread so I just backspaced off my high horse.

Some of the funnest (is that a word) times I have had in my life were spent with gay men or lesbian women(I miss you Sue Alfrets). I have found that spending too much time with people just like myself can be boring, so I will be following this thread with excitement.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Nice collection, d0n. If you could pick a favorite, or a couple of your top picks which would you guys choose?

Thanks. Our collection wasn't exactly up to date. I just updated it so now it's right. I buy, play & sell quite often so our collection is always changing. I really think a collection should be diverse. That's why we have had EMs, pitch and bats, redemption games, arcade games and games from nearly every decade from the 50's and up.

Favorites... Hmmm, usually our favorite game is the most recent one we've purchased. Its always fun to play a "new" game. The twilight zone is one of our favorites. I'm having it restored right now. I really like rescue 911 too.

One day we will own a RR WOZ and a walking dead le. They're too expensive now though.

#57 7 years ago

Thanks for starting this thread, MCC. I think it's a great idea, and I'm very glad to see someone take the initiative and start it up!

#58 7 years ago

RavenRaven

#59 7 years ago

There's something pretty gay about Laser Cue.

#61 7 years ago

Where'd you grow up trunchbull?

#62 7 years ago

Ally here. Great to see a thread like this!

My wife is Bi and my two best friends are transitioning male, and i try my best to be there and support them as much as I can

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from travisbmartin:

Ally here. Great to see a thread like this!
    My wife is Bi and my two best friends are transitioning male, and i try my best to be there and support them as much as I can

That's cool about your wife and friends. As for your friends, pronouns can names can be the most difficult things to slip up with. I assume you mean female to male, unless you meant transitioning females that were AMAB (assigned male at birth). Life's a journey, and many people go down many roads before they find both themselves & happiness.

#64 7 years ago

They are both transitioning from female to male. It's been nice to see their transitions strengthen their relationship too. I'm so proud of them.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

So my question is which pinball machine is the gayest?

My vote. It's got Gay and Cruise

gay cruise (resized).jpggay cruise (resized).jpg

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcc:

With this kit I'm covered even if I bust a 4422-01117-00.
    amazon.com link »
    amazon.com link »

Thanks.. I just spit out my coffee. LOL

Life long Ally. More people need to be accepting and tolerant. And i'm referring to tolerance of shitty pinball players.

Great thread! Please don't anyone bring stupidity in here and derail it.

Thanks!

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Which one is the most lesbian?

The longer I stare at it, the more possibilities come to mind.......

Play Boy (resized).jpgPlay Boy (resized).jpg

#68 7 years ago

So my question is which pinball machine is the gayest?

13181109_241967366168646_30245939_n (resized).jpg13181109_241967366168646_30245939_n (resized).jpg

#69 7 years ago

Jeez, one time I said the "cat plastic" on Lethal Weapon 3 was the gayest and it was nothing but PC Bros down thumbing and getting on their soapbox about intolerance.

But look how far Pinside has come now! We can openly discuss the gayest pinball machine of all time!

Seriously though, I fully support the LGB community - several family members are gay and married; close friends are gay and married; and I also am an ordained minister who performs same sex wedding ceremonies.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Thanks. Our collection wasn't exactly up to date. I just updated it so now it's right. I buy, play & sell quite often so our collection is always changing. I really think a collection should be diverse. That's why we have had EMs, pitch and bats, redemption games, arcade games and games from nearly every decade from the 50's and up.
    Favorites... Hmmm, usually our favorite game is the most recent one we've purchased. Its always fun to play a "new" game. The twilight zone is one of our favorites. I'm having it restored right now. I really like rescue 911 too.
    One day we will own a RR WOZ and a walking dead le. They're too expensive now though.

Yeah I love the range and I'm sure they all play so differently it keeps it very interesting and develops a lot of skills. I don't have enough space (no space right now) and I'm too in to the 90s games, but some day..

Quoted from GreenWave:

Thanks for starting this thread, MCC. I think it's a great idea, and I'm very glad to see someone take the initiative and start it up!

Thank you Real credit goes to Playmatic though, thanks Playmatic!

Quoted from vid1900:

The longer I stare at it, the more possibilities come to mind.......

Love it.

Quoted from Drenden:

Life long Ally. More people need to be accepting and tolerant. And i'm referring to tolerance of shitty pinball players.
    Thanks!

Zero problem with new or poor players... we're all just having fun, right?

#71 7 years ago

Which pinball is the "gayest"? Hmm, I suppose that's a decision entirely for the machine to decide and I for one respect it's choices.

The Clint Eastwood art on the side of Dirty Harry is pretty hot...

But then there's classic sexy demon men like Gorgar. When it comes to beautiful women, my vote goes to the 80's Spanish machines (which believe it or not the art was extremely censored despite being very risqué in it's censored pinball form.)

Now just like straight people, not everybody feels like sex sells to them, and by far there's been most discussion about White Water here.

I love Centaur, scared stiff, white water, black hole, black knight... Too many to list, really. Pretty much a lot of the same classics that everyone loves until I get into Playmatic stuff. I also want to pick up a Stern Sea Witch, it's fast but I do wish it had multiball.

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

Thanks!

Compared to most you guys I definitely suck at Pinball. I have a tendency to suck when it comes to things I love!
    *zing*

#73 7 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5005 is the gayest pin. Sadly, I don't believe it exists anymore.

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5005 is the gayest pin. Sadly, I don't believe it exists anymore.

That's definitely the first LGBT pin I've ever seen. Cute & fun concept , honestly.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

That game used to take your picture and then display you in a drag queen wig on the backglass monitor.

Way ahead of it's time.

sexy (resized).jpgsexy (resized).jpg

(don't forget that transvestite ≠ gay)

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That game used to take your picture and then display you in a drag queen wig on the backglass monitor.
    Way ahead of it's time.

(don't forget that transvestite ≠ gay)

While technically they fall under the trans* umbrella, drag queens typically don't identify as women nor can one assume their sexuality.

Good thing to point out, vid1900.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

don't forget that transvestite ≠ gay

Gay people are by far drag queens' largest audience.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Gay people are by far drag queens' largest audience.

Out of all the transvestites I know, not a single one is gay.

Nor are any of them **performers** of any kind.

They just dress as women when at home, or sometimes when shopping or clubbing.

One driver at our old location would crossdress on the night shift at work. The boss told everybody that he did not want to hear a single joke about it, or you would be fired instantly. After a few months, even the homophones settled down.

#79 7 years ago

Although, if you straight guys want to see a bunch of gay guys dressed as women, go to any gay bar on Halloween.

Even the most straight acting guys are suddenly transformed that night.

#80 7 years ago

I'd say 90% of the crossdressers that I've met were hetero.

Drag Queens/performers are a different story, and often gay (but not always).

As for Transsexual women (women is the key word) I've known those that like men, those that like woman, those that like both ...& those whom like nobody (as castration, surgical or chemical, can do a number on one's libido if they aren't settled in to their new hormones yet)

People are people, everyone's different. We can all agree on one thing, Pinball is good and if you don't agree you're missing out on the most important part of life!

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Although, if you straight guys want to see a bunch of gay guys dressed as women, go to a gay bar on Halloween.

The best Halloween bar/club party in New Orleans is almost always at Oz on Bourbon St. Really great costumes, always fun.

#82 7 years ago

Well whaddaya know...a NY gay bar is closing and turning into a bar and grill featuring pinball from Rockland Pinball...
    http://orangetown.dailyvoice.com/business/gay-nightclub-in-upper-nyack-closes-to-make-way-for-barpinball-arcade/679013/

#83 7 years ago

I'm just glad that this thread didn't turn into a homophobic rant or worse. With all the ridiculous name calling and bantering on pinside, this support and positivity gives me renewed respect for pinsiders!

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Well whaddaya know...a NY gay bar is closing and turning into a bar and grill featuring pinball from Rockland Pinball...
    http://orangetown.dailyvoice.com/business/gay-nightclub-in-upper-nyack-closes-to-make-way-for-barpinball-arcade/679013/

Well, hopefully the entire community will enjoy the new Pinball bar & grill.

#85 7 years ago

Also, RIP Gene Wilder. He was a wonderful actor, and will be missed.

After his wife passed of cancer he Started "Gilda's club", which is an all inclusive cancer & support group that includes networking for gay men with cancer.

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Out of all the transvestites I know, not a single one is gay.
    Nor are any of them **performers** of any kind.

That's nice. BTW, we were talking about Go Girl and drag queens, not transvestites. You brought them into the conversation.

Quoted from Playmatic:

Drag Queens/performers are a different story, and often gay (but not always).

Yes, and drag queens perform in front of generally gay audiences. Vid thinks he knows everything, but gets a little confused at times

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

That's nice. BTW, we were talking about Go Girl and drag queens, not transvestites. You brought them into the conversation.

Yes, and drag queens perform in front of generally gay audiences. Vid thinks he knows everything, but gets a little confused at times

Now now, don't argue boys... You can both have me!

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Now now, don't argue boys... You can both have me!

#89 7 years ago

Watch out, I may be from Transsexual, Transylvania...

Ooh, mystery~

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Watch out, I may be from Transsexual, Transylvania...
    Ooh, mystery~

Yea, we definitely need a RHPS pin... JJP's 4th design?? Just think of the toys they could incorporate

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Yea, we definitely need a RHPS pin... JJP's 4th design?? Just think of the toys they could incorporate

I see you shiver with antici.......

pation.

#92 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Vid thinks he knows everything

I know nothing, except the fact that I have been gay since before you were born.

#93 7 years ago

Yay! I'm in the club!

and

"Wish you were closer"

#94 7 years ago

Vid is also a pathological liar so I wouldn't believe that either.

Lie's just recently:

I don't live in the US (He does)

He's an Illegal Alien (Not Likely)

Etc..

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

Do not believe anything you read on the internet.

Put me on ignore right now and have less stress in your life.

Quoted from Drenden:

At this very moment in time, I'm alive and not on USA soil.

Quoted from Drenden:

I was not born in the USA.

No birth certificate has ever been issued to me.

I do pay taxes to the USA and own property, so I'm about 61% legit.

#96 7 years ago

Went out and played some games on location today with my boyfriend and mother (She was excited to go out & play Pinball).

Was planning on going to a specific place, but they were closed so I relied on the Pinball Map App to save the day. Ended up being a "Stern" Day. Started with an X-Men that needed a little TLC, passed up on Dale Jr, then drove to a new place. There I played Game of thrones and drank beers for awhile and eventually my boyfriend wanted to play Southpark so took a single shot at it. I also saw a Simpsons machine, but was too pooped.

I'm sure glad to be home, met a cool bartender that was also into pinball and he gave me some recommendations of places to go. Overall a pretty fun day.

#97 7 years ago

Ally here. Cheers to the new club!

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

Lie's just recently:
    Etc..

Hmmm. He has said in a previous thread that a 'pedo fag' hanged out at his arcade...so not sure. Hope he wouldn't be insensitive enough to troll like that. I'll give him the benefit of the the doubt, though.

Glad everyone feels welcome here on Pinside!

Edit: and he talked about how 'pedos' would get beat up outside the arcade. Also, they would try to get free games from gays to entice them. I can't link well, but put the key words in search and find it. Troll!!!

#99 7 years ago

I'm not LGBTQ myself, but I'm a very proud ally.

All are welcome at Zombies Ate My Arcade, so hit me up if you're ever in the neighborhood and want to play some pinball.

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Also, RIP Gene Wilder. He was a wonderful actor, and will be missed.
    After his wife passed of cancer he Started "Gilda's club", which is an all inclusive cancer & support group that includes networking for gay men with cancer.

I just heard about that... too bad. I host a dance radio show and got an email asking to play Ford - Pure Imagination next time I'm on.

There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lgbt-and-allied-pinball-club/page/2?hl=neuromancer87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.