Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PersonX99
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2p3k8s (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3027 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
    44666564 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1548 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1547.PNG
    IMG_2421 (resized).png
    fo3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1046_edit (resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    Night Names (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 7 years ago

Hi, welcome to the LGBT and allied pinball club! While of course everyone is welcome, I hope to be able to connect and chat pinball here with my fellow queer community

Why the LGBT and allied pinball club? Like many other intersectional topics and clubs already on the forum - the ability to connect LGBT and allies in to pinball to build community and chat up pinball et cetera.

My boyfriend and I had our first date at Olaf's in Ballard, Seattle. I said it was for their great burgers Afterwards we went to the gameroom and I let him know I've 'played it a couple times'. Then I start having a huge game on TZ while describing all the shots and modes and how they work together

We've been together about 6 months, 3 months ago I moved White Water in to his house and he's obviously a natural and loves it -- I taught him the quick-flip-backhand to the extra ball target and he's been kicking ass

#2 7 years ago

Congrats on 6 happy months together, and really awesome that you guys have a White water machine! It's a super addictive game with a wonderful playfield. I think Dennis Nordman really outdid himself with both Scared Stiff & White Water.

#3 7 years ago

I've gotten my husband at least mildly addicted to pinball since he's been here, and I think we might have to buy ourselves a Funhouse at some point because every time we go to Add-A-Ball he goes right up the stairs to it. I really appreciate Seattle's queer-friendly pinball scene, without it I don't know if I'd have actually gotten into pinball at all given how many of the locations here are bars. It's great to have such a welcoming community!

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

I've gotten my husband at least mildly addicted to pinball since he's been here, and I think we might have to buy ourselves a Funhouse at some point because every time we go to Add-A-Ball he goes right up the stairs to it. I really appreciate Seattle's queer-friendly pinball scene, without it I don't know if I'd have actually gotten into pinball at all given how many of the locations here are bars. It's great to have such a welcoming community!

I didn't know that you were married! That's sweet, trunchbull. Seattle sounds like a happening place. While I'm in a heterosexual relationship, I identify as Pansexual and my boyfriend as Polysexual (for those not familiar with labels, essentially we're both Bi). Been together over a year, and my boyfriend's favorite machine also happens to be White Water. Maybe I can convince him to join pinside at some point in time.

Hearts, not parts.

#5 7 years ago

White Water is amazing and definitely a pin I'd love to own. I've even got my initials up on the one at the Pinball Museum here (GC!).

Quoted from Playmatic:

I didn't know that you we're married! That's sweet, trunchbull. Seattle sounds like a happening place.

Thanks! We got married just this summer, and Seattle's pretty cool! A little pricey, but a totally hopping pinball scene.

#6 7 years ago

Oh my gosh, that's so cute. I'm in the land of rain, bicycles, no sales-tax & "keeping it weird". Since it's just over the river, I'll definitely have to visit Seattle sometime.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks Playmatic! I totally agree, I played it at NWPAS for the first time a few years ago when I was just getting more heavy in to pinball after having grown up with High Speed in the house and playing MM at the UW bowling alley. Now my home phone hold music is a 10 minute edit of the music sequence

It's been really fun watching him get sucked in to it. He recently visited his family back east and got asked "what about it do you like?" and had to formulate that thought for the first time -- he says he went with "theme, sound, it's easy for a beginner to know what to shoot for."

Awesome Trunchbull We were out and I was describing Add-A-Ball last night. "Dive, rowdy, dark, Shorty's but a little skeezier" they thought I was badmouthing it until I continued with "it's awesome one of my favorites and I can't wait to show Chris" I've got to get back there for a weekly soon!

#8 7 years ago

Hahaaa Playmatic - Portland's totally Seattle's sister-pinball-city

#9 7 years ago

Hey, we have to be all inclusive to the Qs too!

LGBT...Q

o-DONALD-TRUMP-LGBT-facebook (resized).jpgo-DONALD-TRUMP-LGBT-facebook (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcc:

We've been together about 6 months, 3 months ago I moved White Water in to his house

Nothing cements a relationship like Whitewater.

Congrats to the both of you!

#11 7 years ago

Totally vid - I personally identify as queer myself. Friendly queers and the rest of the alphabet welcome

Thanks for the congratulations! Not specific to being queer of course, but it's really special to have a partner so gung-ho about pinball

#12 7 years ago

"Welcome to Wet Willie's!"

You guys should totally post some high scores, it will give my boyfriend & I something to shoot for. TBH, I wish I was as *good* at pinball as much as I like it.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Great material

#14 7 years ago

Well when it was at my house, I kept it at a steep pitch with wide outlanes, no EBs and hard rules. At his house it's level and factory, he's doing awesome and getting regularly in the 400M+ and cracked 600 multiple times! For brand new to pinball that's amazing and I'm super proud!

The problem is I've stacked the high scores with 2B+ and 4B GC

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Great material

Ya wiener

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcc:

Well when it was at my house, I kept it at a steep pitch with wide outlanes, no EBs and hard rules. At his house it's level and factory, he's doing awesome and getting regularly in the 400M+ and cracked 600 multiple times! For brand new to pinball that's amazing and I'm super proud!
    The problem is I've stacked the high scores with 2B+ and 4B GC

Well your BF already has us beat. Looks like we'll be trying to crack 600M as our goal.

#17 7 years ago

Well it's difficult to compare across machines too - I did a tear down and rebuild at his place so it's playing on-point, and in his place where he gets to play it any time he wants. Crush it and go for the 5x MB stack

#18 7 years ago

Hi from Georgia. My husband and I have one hobby that we really both enjoy and that's pinball. After 17 years together, our love for each other and for pinball never wanes.

#19 7 years ago

Hi, nice collection! It's all over the place, I bet you get to exercise a lot of skills with it. Congrats, have 17 credits on me

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcc:

Well it's difficult to compare across machines too - I did a tear down and rebuild at his place so it's playing on-point, and in his place where he gets to play it any time he wants. Crush it and go for the 5x MB stack

Neither my boyfriend and I are too loaded, I will shamefully admit that we're playing White Water on Pinball Arcade (Blasphemy, I know) Hey, At least we're playing on an Xbox One S with 4K scaling, locked camera angle and dim lighting.

Looking to pick up a White Water machine hopefully by the end of this year.

#22 7 years ago

But you're in Portland! Pinballmap.com/portland lists five White Waters on location

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcc:

But you're in Portland! Pinballmap.com/portland lists five White Waters on location

I definitely enjoy going out on location, but there's nothing like the convenience of having the machine at home. There's a million Adam's Family & Attack from From Mars around, and a Tales from Arabian Nights insanely close too which is probably our favorite that's only minutes away.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Hi from Georgia. My husband and I have one hobby that we really both enjoy and that's pinball. After 17 years together, our love for each other and for pinball never wanes.

Nice collection, d0n. If you could pick a favorite, or a couple of your top picks which would you guys choose?

#25 7 years ago

Do we need a club for every specific orientation, political affiliation, eating disorder, mental handicap? Can't we all just get along and play some damn pinball?

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

You guys should totally post some high scores, it will give my boyfriend & I something to shoot for. TBH, I wish I was as *good* at pinball as much as I like it.

I can't remember my WH20 score, but if there's a MM in your area, try beating my 110mil GC! Now THAT was a rush. I think I spent most of the game in multiball just staring at the flippers.

#27 7 years ago

just wanted to extend an invite to anyone that wants to play in Madison. If you are ever in the area then hit me up.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

I really appreciate Seattle's queer-friendly pinball scene, without it I don't know if I'd have actually gotten into pinball at all given how many of the locations here are bars.

Were the bars not gay friendly or are there gay bars with pinball and you feel more comfortable in those? Just trying to understand what you meant.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Do we need a club for every specific orientation, political affiliation, eating disorder, mental handicap? Can't we all just get along and play some damn pinball?

Then drain the thread and move along or open a mod feedback thread to discuss your feeling with mod team. Here, in the open thread, is not the place for your complaint.

#31 7 years ago

Woo! What a cool thread. While I'm not part of the LGBT community directly, I do consider myself an ally. My very close friend, Blake, just became married this last December in a very beautiful ceremony. For anyone living on the east coast, you'll remember just how warm it was around that time. The reception was originally supposed to be indoors, but we moved it outside at the last minute since it was 65 degrees that day. What are the odds of that happening in December?!

Anyway, he and I love pinball and go to shows together. His husband, on the other hand, is not so keen on the hobby, but Blake and myself are trying hard to show him "the way of the silver ball" and convince him to let Blake have more than just one game.

Its a work in progress

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

just wanted to extend an invite to anyone that wants to play in Madison. If you are ever in the area then him me up.

Same thing here. Always welcome in my garage. If Stargate isn't enough, you can play Spaceballs and tell me how shitty of a game it is right now, because it is.

#33 7 years ago

Right on! Good to see this thread up and running on the main forum. Obviously some discussion took place so thank you to those who did

#34 7 years ago

Not LGBT myself but definitely "allied."

Can't stand racists, sexists, homophobes, islamophobes, xenophobes, etc.

Live and let live, baby.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

I can't remember my WH20 score, but if there's a MM in your area, try beating my 110mil GC! Now THAT was a rush. I think I spent most of the game in multiball just staring at the flippers.

Just Friday!!!! I've been playing MM since middle school when they had it at the UW Hub games area. My friend has an MMR (level, medium rules) and was having a pinball party to say farewell to the pinball interns. I've been to Battle For The Kingdom once before in my life. That Friday I was having a damn killer game and my ball 2 (with EBs) went on forever. Ended up beating Battle For The Kingdom for my first time in my entire life. 360M - doubled the existing GC

#36 7 years ago

Hi mbaumle, hi Rick, welcome to the club, hope you find it a friendly place

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Then drain the thread and move along or open a mod feedback thread to discuss your feeling with mod team. Here, in the open thread, is not the place for your complaint.

So what you are saying is that rather than be open and discuss a valid point in the venue it is posted, we should privately discuss with a mod? I can think of a few political systems which use similar tactics, but that would just get my post moderated. Guess I will just do as you suggested and drain.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

So what you are saying is that rather than be open and discuss a valid point in the venue it is posted, we should privately discuss with a mod? I can think of a few political systems which use similar tactics, but that would just get my post moderated. Guess I will just do as you suggested and drain.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. I make the following observations:

1) A mod feedback thread allows you to discuss what concerns you with the mod team en banc (our entire panel), rather than just those here reading this thread. Not all mods read all threads or all the posts in the threads they do read, I'm the mod reading this thread at the moment but comments you make to me may never be seen by the entire team. If you feel you have some valid points to make, wouldn't you want them made to our team en banc so they can best be heard?

2) This group almost assuredly doesn't want you discussing whether they should have their own group / club thread (they certainly feel they should have their own thread, the mod team had a good deal of discussion with them before they opened this thread, if you disagree with the decision we made then you have the option to do so quietly and privately in a mod feedback thread...we will respond to your concerns, you will get feedback).

3) Regarding your point on venue: You selected this group as the one to bring your complaints in, this group should not have to endure the discussion here...they want to enjoy their thread without this type of discussion, we'd like them to enjoy this thread without this type of discussion. Just because you selected this "venue" for your discussion does not mean we are going to engage with you in the discussion here, we elect to have the venue be a mod feedback thread.

Anyway, this is the entire discussion we will have on this matter, you are not being moderated but this is a final warning. Please open a mod feedback thread to address our entire team.

-----------

Message to members of this group : Please carry on with the thread gang. There is no need to opine on dung's comment yourselves...that only leads to possible thread derailment and we'd like your thread to not be derailed...

#39 7 years ago

Don't mind me... my replacement label maker just arrived

I'm just sitting here trying to dig up the part numbers for the misc. screws I have in baggies. If anyone has tips for identifying them I'll take them

IMG_20160828_195503 (resized).jpgIMG_20160828_195503 (resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcc:

I'm just sitting here trying to dig up the part numbers for the misc. screws I have in baggies. If anyone has tips for identifying them I'll take them

(inserts random joke about nuts or getting screwed)
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself an

I wish I was that organized, label makers FTW.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

(inserts joke about getting screwed)
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself

With this kit I'm covered even if I bust a 4422-01117-00.

https://www.amazon.com/DYMO-LabelManager-Label-Maker-1768960
    https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-25-Removable-Compartment-Professional-Organizer/dp/B00005QWYF

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcc:

With this kit I'm covered even if I bust a 4422-01117-00.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

In multiball I generally stare at the flippers and don't take serious efforts at skill shots unless just a single lonesome ball is down by the flippers. Gotta' keep em all in play, babe.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from mcc:

Dang -- impressive. I have several similar containers but I'm not organized enough to label snything or actually sort them in a way that makes sense. Jealous!! Every time I need a part it's a long search through bins and boxes

#46 7 years ago

Does this club have shirts, or just a sew-on embroidered patch??!

Count me as an ally!

Love is Love is Love. However, all the pinball machines that I love, are better than the pinball machines that YOU love!

High Fives all around!

#47 7 years ago

Any night owls up? Plans for the evening? Just got back from the Pacific NW music festival to see Ween. Was awesome.

#48 7 years ago

Welcome MapleSyrup I think we've got rainbow colored spinner decals.

Playmatic - having a hard time getting Marco's search page to reliably load, which is where I've been getting my part numbers to print my labels. In between that playing a couple games of NGG and listening to podcasts. Bed soon though.

#49 7 years ago

Those darn Gofers! Always laughing at me.

Sleep well, mcc. ^_^

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Were the bars not gay friendly or are there gay bars with pinball and you feel more comfortable in those? Just trying to understand what you meant.

I mean the bars here are typically more queer-friendly than in more conservatively-minded towns, like the one I grew up in, which makes them more inviting and less threatening.

Quoted from Playmatic:

In multiball I generally stare at the flippers and don't take serious efforts at skill shots unless just a single lonesome ball is down by the flippers. Gotta' keep em all in play, babe.

My husband got to Smaug multiball on TH and spent the whole thing hunched over the flippers. He actually did really well, and when it was over he turned to me and said "GOD that's intense!".

There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lgbt-and-allied-pinball-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.