2015-03-15 13.36.59.jpg
2015-03-15 12.23.22.jpg
2015-03-14 14.31.04.jpg
2015-03-14 13.12.51.jpg
2015-03-13 18.13.18.jpg
2015-03-13 13.49.51.jpg
2015-03-14 12.56.51.jpg
IMG_1022.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

( ((follow)) )

Amen, brother. Thanks for starting this, Gerry, and best of luck with the continued development of LL-GG and the P3 platform!

Favorited,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My wife and I love to play against each other, but I'm pretty good and she usually stinks. If I'm playing well she gets bored so I'm usually not trying very hard. It would be so awesome if you were able to implement difficulty settings by profile that allowed people of different skill levels to actually compete against each other.

+1

I'm in an identical boat.

1 week later
#12 9 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

We agree! This is a fantastic feature idea, and it's now implemented in LL-GG (or more accurately in the P3 software framework).

Wow. This idea was proposed not two weeks ago and now it is reality. Thanks for being so receptive to constructive feedback, Gerry! This is really exciting.

Quick clarification: So the pre-set player settings (tournament settings/difficulty levels/what have you) are customizable by individual owners...not pre-set? So I can create a profile called "Ryan" with no ball-save times and medium mode difficulty for player one and a "Wife" profile with a 15 second ball-save and easy mode difficulty for player two? And those are saved profiles so I wouldn't have to create those settings everytime I step up to the P3? (If so...NEAT!!!)

As the implementation matures, we'll add individual achievement tracking and other relevant features.

Ha-ha! This would be really fun for us competitive-types...and our slightly more competitive friends. (There's always someone a little worse.) I feel like a broken record, but man, this just keeps getting better and better.

Kudos on an exciting progress update, Gerry!

Looking forward to more,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

1 week later
#33 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

This should be the hottest thread on Pinside. But for some reason you need controversy for that .

So much truth! ...where's our controversy, Gerry?

We've discussed having mini-games since day 1. The P3 game library will include full games (playfield modules + software), full software games that use existing p/f modules, mini-games that use p/f modules, and mini-games that will work with *any* p/f installed (by keeping gameplay in the LCD region). In other words... lots of games, lots of variations.

This is interesting. Although, feel a little unclear on what each of these possibilities means. I'm pretty sure I understand this one:

full games (playfield modules + software)

That's referring to complete games (LLGG, CCR, etc), right?

Then, I'm not so sure I understand:

full software games that use existing p/f modules

...so, do you mean with your new developer kit, someone could take the existing Lexi module and program a completely different game around that? Would they have access to animations and LCD...uh...STUFF?

Also, pardon my ignorance, but does this:

mini-games that use p/f modules

...mean that you could start up your machine in wizard mode and JUST practice those shots if you want to? Sort of like a pinball exercise, so you're better prepared when you finally acheive a wizard mode legitimately?

Finally,

mini-games that will work with *any* p/f installed (by keeping gameplay in the LCD region)

...so, the walls and scoops mech will confine the playfield for these pinball exercises, so in theory you could do this with NO playfield module installed, right?

Regardless, lots more to be excited about here. ...and great vid, Gerry. Can't wait to show this to my wife. I have a feeling this player profile stuff is going to make her excited about a more even competition.

Go, Gerry, Go!!!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

3 weeks later
#45 9 years ago

Disclaimer: I posted this in the "Save and Restore Game State" thread, but figured I'd add it to this conversation,

"Another great innovation, Gerry. I can think of a less glamorous application of this new feature that would be pretty useful to me (and maybe others) in my role as a new daddy. Often, I'll grab a game in the evening, shortly before bath/bed time. If I have a good game, I'll usually need to shut things down prematurely in order to take care of more important matters like bathing our son and putting him to bed. This game-save feature would allow me to come back to that stellar game once we could ensure our little dude's slumber wouldn't be disturbed. Awesome work as usual.

Keep 'em comin', Gerry!"

Although this comment got me thinking:

Yep, it will auto-launch however many are missing from the ship. This is the same way it deals with lock stealing in multi-player games. You never have to re-lock stolen balls, that wouldn't be fair.

I kinda like games in which you can steal an opponent's physically locked balls. I can see Lexi as a particularly interesting case where you're trying to stack as many balls as you possibly can before releasing them. Although, if you get too greedy and drain before their release, it could be a pretty sweet set-up for player 2. I understand the ability to steal locked balls is not for everyone. In tournaments it presents an imbalance in scoring and disadvantages the first player. However, it could be a fun option in the home environment for the not-so-serious player.

Just sayin',
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

1 month later
#58 9 years ago

Curious if anyone has first-hand accounts of Lexi from SXSW this past weekend. I figure most info will come out of TPF, but I'd be interested in some early impressions if anyone made it.

Thanks,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#63 9 years ago

Looks like a great response! Love that image of the 5 boys crammed around the machine. You can barely tell who's flipping! Ha-ha! Congrats on the turn-out and best of luck gearing-up for TPF at the end of the month!

Sooo wish I could be there! (Tour Michigan soon!),
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexy-lightspeed-galaxy-girl-progress?tu=ryanclaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.