2015-03-15 13.36.59.jpg
2015-03-15 12.23.22.jpg
2015-03-14 14.31.04.jpg
2015-03-14 13.12.51.jpg
2015-03-13 18.13.18.jpg
2015-03-13 13.49.51.jpg
2015-03-14 12.56.51.jpg
IMG_1022.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

Something I'd like to see: a three-to-five-second ship crash landing in the swamp intro video when starting a new game a la TOTAN. Most of the context for the theme is displayed during attract, but it'd be nice.

1 week later
#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

One cool thing to do might be to have mini-games sort of like what Scott did with WOOLY. He built a bunch of mini-games that are accessible from the attract mode so you could practice different things, like wizard modes, that you don't get to that often.

I'm pretty sure there are already a couple of these, like the "ROCs" asteroids-esque game that's played with the crates up.

1 month later
#55 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Listening to the C2C Pinball Podcast lately really has me thinking about the P3 Platform in a weird way. Most of the discussion has been from the competitive side and that has been leading into watchability of pinball and broadcasting. The long ball times keeps coming up as an issue. Only the real pinball enthusiast would sit there and watch a 60 minute game of spiderman, the casual observer would have to be bored to tears, haha.
The P3 platform kind of solves that problem with the mini-game features or just jumping into certain modes. I have never played competitive pinball but, in my simple mind, it seems like that would work. Haha.
BTW, I'm very excited to be coming to TPF this month. I plan on spending a good amount of time at the P3 booth.

Whether or not fixed minigame-style pinball events make it into regular tournaments is yet to be seen, but it's an interesting idea for sure.

I think the P3 makes watching pinball a lot more accessible, particularly for someone that isn't familiar with the ruleset or even pinball in general. The on-screen instructions and dynamic graphics are pretty great.

The thing that struck me in the coast to coast podcast was the lines they drew between pinball and golf. Why do people watch golf again? The more I think about it, the more similar golf and pinball seem. Even down to the target audience.

#59 9 years ago

Manufacturing prototype looked fantastic, played great and I even put my personal best high score on it! I swung by a couple times when I was around the convention center and there was always a line of three or more people. SXSW gaming isn't a pinball expo by any means, but there seemed to be a lot of very interested people. The gamer crowd gets it.

I mentioned that I felt one of the flippers was a bit sticky. I probably just flubbed my flip timing and blamed it on the flippers, but they took it seriously and voila! 30 seconds later brand-new pair of flippers. Awesome!

Actually, the p3 was probably the coolest thing at the expo, although I'm biased. There were a ton of VR companies all doing basically the same thing with varying levels of haptic integration, bunch of new board/card games, etc. Other than the panels (and maybe the cosplay) LLGG was the coolest thing around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexy-lightspeed-galaxy-girl-progress?tu=law and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.