2015-03-15 13.36.59.jpg
2015-03-15 12.23.22.jpg
2015-03-14 14.31.04.jpg
2015-03-14 13.12.51.jpg
2015-03-13 18.13.18.jpg
2015-03-13 13.49.51.jpg
2015-03-14 12.56.51.jpg
IMG_1022.JPG

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

This thread will detail ongoing development of Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth for the P3 pinball platform by Multimorphic.

http://www.multimorphic.com/index.php/p3-pinball-platform/ll-gg

Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth is an original game concept Dennis Nordman, conceived in early 2013. Software development began in September 2013 when the first whitewood playfield was built.

We plan to host monthly play-testing parties as LL-EE and the P3 get closer to production. This past weekend (12/13) was our first one. Features added since the Houston show in November:

- Scoop award mode
--- This is a skill-based variation of the typical random award many games have on a scoop shot. If the ball falls into the hole behind the ship during the Map scene (no mode active), it represents the discovery of a stockroom. One of the 6 mid-playfield scoop raises up for a hurryup shot. Shoot the ball in the scoop to collect an award. Each time you collect and award, the next attempt requires one additional scoop shot (shoot the first scoop, another scoop opens, etc).

- Double-shot multiball
--- This is a 2-ball multiball mode in the Map scene (no mode active) that can optionally be stacked with Agent Multiball. If you don't start agent multiball, you can kill and restart alien attacks (restarts aren't allowed in other multiball modes), allowing you to potentially progress through aliens quickly.

- Invincibilty
--- This is LL-EE's version of a normal, timed ball-save

- Respawn
--- This is like an extra ball but without the confusion of switching (or not switching) players.

- BonusX
--- Now there are ways to increase your bonus X.

- Ball search
--- Game searches for a ball after x seconds of inactivity. The P3 has the advantage of knowing when (and where) balls are rolling over the playfield. So ball search won't start due to simply missing shots. I won't promise, however, that the game won't insult you.

Play-Testing feedback:

Honestly, people seemed to love it! There was little discussion about what we should do differently. A few issues were uncovered, and a few new features were suggested:

- Player removal
--- A button combo allows players to be removed from the game (players that have yet to start playing). This is already implemented

- Detection of ball hopping over flipper
--- Yes, the ball can hop over the flippers on the P3 (though differently than with traditional flippers). We, however, can detect this occurrence and return the ball to the player (instead of draining). We will implement this.

- Save game state
--- The suggestion was made to pause the game and fix something (or answer the phone/door), but we intend to implement this for many more reasons, including giving players the ability to repeatedly restore games (and save progress) to get deeper into the game. We'll probably implement this as part of player profiles and keep track of saved games separately for each profile.

---------

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#2 9 years ago

( ((follow)) )

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

( ((follow)) )

Amen, brother. Thanks for starting this, Gerry, and best of luck with the continued development of LL-GG and the P3 platform!

Favorited,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#4 9 years ago

I love the idea of player profiles.

Everyone loves to put a high score on a pin but the problem around my house is nobody in my family has a realistic chance of getting their name on a pin except for me.

I would love for everyone to have something to 'shoot' for while playing pinball (pun certainly intended )

I'm hoping to get one of these and am posting so I can follow your progress. Thanks!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I love the idea of player profiles.
Everyone loves to put a high score on a pin but the problem around my house is nobody in my family has a realistic chance of getting their name on a pin except for me.
I would love for everyone to have something to 'shoot' for while playing pinball (pun certainly intended )
I'm hoping to get one of these and am posting so I can follow your progress. Thanks!

I agree player profiles are a great idea.

I wish there is a quick way to put a pin on Novice, Intermediate, Hard and Expert levels, where you can set up ball save, scoring difficulty, etc depending on player level. This could be linked to a profile too, but shouldn't be a requirement.

Player 1 (novice) could compete vs. Player 2 (expert) in the same game with different settings based on their own difficulty OR you can just run the pin in a different mode, without profiles. I'd be nice to do this without having to open up a coin door and just use flipper buttons to set it.

#6 9 years ago

With a separate hi-score sheet for each level of difficulty...

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Player 1 (novice) could compete vs. Player 2 (expert) in the same game with different settings based on their own difficulty OR you can just run the pin in a different mode, without profiles. I'd be nice to do this without having to open up a coin door and just use flipper buttons to set it.

This is something I would love to see on all future P3 games. My wife and I love to play against each other, but I'm pretty good and she usually stinks. If I'm playing well she gets bored so I'm usually not trying very hard. It would be so awesome if you were able to implement difficulty settings by profile that allowed people of different skill levels to actually compete against each other.

The other thing I'd love to see fleshed out with the profiles is some sort of badges/lifetime achievement system. It would be really cool if you could earn different things than spanned beyond a single game. Kill 10,000 bugs, smash 1000 boxes, whatever. That would give so many other things to go for beyond just "beating" the current game you're playing.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My wife and I love to play against each other, but I'm pretty good and she usually stinks. If I'm playing well she gets bored so I'm usually not trying very hard. It would be so awesome if you were able to implement difficulty settings by profile that allowed people of different skill levels to actually compete against each other.

+1

I'm in an identical boat.

#9 9 years ago

Honestly, if this kind of stuff gets implemented I'll be in 100%. I originally got the pins for 'family time' but it has morphed into my using them about 99%. Mostly just lonely fun. I'd LOVE for something to draw my kids and wife in!

1 week later
#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I agree player profiles are a great idea.
I wish there is a quick way to put a pin on Novice, Intermediate, Hard and Expert levels, where you can set up ball save, scoring difficulty, etc depending on player level. This could be linked to a profile too, but shouldn't be a requirement.

We agree! This is a fantastic feature idea, and it's now implemented in LL-GG (or more accurately in the P3 software framework).

You can create any number of profiles (ie. Novice, Intermediate, Hard, Expert, Bob, Mike, Jessica, Tournament 1, Tournament 2, etc) and change the gameplay settings independently for each profile. Note - you can't change all of the system settings; you can only change the gameplay settings (ie. ball save times, mode difficulty levels, number of aliens, instruction levels, etc). Each player in a multi-player game can be set to a different profile, hopefully allowing players of different skill levels to enjoy competitive games.

As the implementation matures, we'll add individual achievement tracking and other relevant features.

- Gerry

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

We agree! This is a fantastic feature idea, and it's now implemented in LL-GG (or more accurately in the P3 software framework).
You can create any number of profiles (ie. Novice, Intermediate, Hard, Expert, Bob, Mike, Jessica, Tournament 1, Tournament 2, etc) and change the gameplay settings independently for each profile. Note - you can't change all of the system settings; you can only change the gameplay settings (ie. ball save times, mode difficulty levels, number of aliens, instruction levels, etc). Each player in a multi-player game can be set to a different profile, hopefully allowing players of different skill levels to enjoy competitive games.
As the implementation matures, we'll add individual achievement tracking and other relevant features.
- Gerry

Great news. I think this will be an amazing platform.

#12 9 years ago

Wow. This idea was proposed not two weeks ago and now it is reality. Thanks for being so receptive to constructive feedback, Gerry! This is really exciting.

Quick clarification: So the pre-set player settings (tournament settings/difficulty levels/what have you) are customizable by individual owners...not pre-set? So I can create a profile called "Ryan" with no ball-save times and medium mode difficulty for player one and a "Wife" profile with a 15 second ball-save and easy mode difficulty for player two? And those are saved profiles so I wouldn't have to create those settings everytime I step up to the P3? (If so...NEAT!!!)

Ha-ha! This would be really fun for us competitive-types...and our slightly more competitive friends. (There's always someone a little worse.) I feel like a broken record, but man, this just keeps getting better and better.

Kudos on an exciting progress update, Gerry!

Looking forward to more,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Quick clarification: So the pre-set player settings (tournament settings/difficulty levels/what have you) are customizable by individual owners...not pre-set? So I can create a profile called "Ryan" with no ball-save times and medium mode difficulty for player one and a "Wife" profile with a 15 second ball-save and easy mode difficulty for player two? And those are saved profiles so I wouldn't have to create those settings everytime I step up to the P3?

Exactly. These are user-customizable (or just owner-customizable, depending on a setting). 'Ryan' and 'Wife' can indeed have completely different ball-save times and difficulty settings and play against each other in the same game. The profiles are absolutely saved for future use. You can also change the default profile to any existing profile, for instance so that 'Ryan' is the default profile every time you boot up the machine.

We'll include some default profiles, probably for difficulty and tournament settings. You could modify the default ones and/or create new ones.

- Gerry

#14 9 years ago

Exactly. These are user-customizable (or just owner-customizable, depending on a setting). 'Ryan' and 'Wife' can indeed have completely different ball-save times and difficulty settings and play against each other in the same game. The profiles are absolutely saved for future use. You can also change the default profile to any existing profile, for instance so that 'Ryan' is the default profile every time you boot up the machine.

Holy shit, that's awesome.

#15 9 years ago

I have to say that after the play testing experience, I absolutely can't wait to get one into my house. Absolutely amazing and a true game changer for pinball.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

I have to say that after the play testing experience, I absolutely can't wait to get one into my house. Absolutely amazing and a true game changer for pinball.

I'm pre-ordered on several games (idiot, I know) and P3 is hands down the game I'm the most excited about.

#17 9 years ago

Something I'd like to see: a three-to-five-second ship crash landing in the swamp intro video when starting a new game a la TOTAN. Most of the context for the theme is displayed during attract, but it'd be nice.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Something I'd like to see: a three-to-five-second ship crash landing in the swamp intro video when starting a new game a la TOTAN. Most of the context for the theme is displayed during attract, but it'd be nice.

This (and other introduction sequences and scene-setting) has been on the to-do list for a while. For better or worse, I've directed the team to focus on game functionality first. When we ship games, all of our planned polish and introduction sequences will be in place.

- Gerry

#19 9 years ago

Gerry, there are some great ideas here! Hope to see you and the game in Texas.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

I've been swooning over Gerry and this game for a while, but Dennis, you obviously deserve a lot of credit here as well. Thanks so much for what is without question my most anticipated game. I'm quite interested in some of the other endeavors you've been involved in recently, but Lexy is the game I really can't wait to get in my basement. All hail Gerry and Dennis.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Hey Dennis. We'll be there and eager to show you all of the latest enhancements!

- Gerry

1 week later
#22 9 years ago

Here's a video walk-through of the profile system we're developing. It's obviously a work-in-progress, but it shows how the system will function. Among other things, the profile system allows:

Players in the same game to play with different game settings
Player achievement tracking (per-game and across many games)

Please let me know what you think!
- Gerry

#23 9 years ago

i like the remove players option by holding the start button. that's gonna take off.

#24 9 years ago

Wow, awesome stuff. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of owning one of these games. In the long term I know that buying $8k NIB games or even $5k NIB games year after isn't feasible and financially responsible for myself. The entire P3 system is a great product and I'm looking forward to reading more about it.

#25 9 years ago

Very cool machine I can't wait to play one.

#26 9 years ago

If you create a new player profile name, will you be able to allocate them one of the pre-installed profiles (ie. the "Easy" profile) or do you have to go through manually setup their profile?

#27 9 years ago

Thanks for the update Gerry. The one thing I really HATE about all your updates is that it reinforces how bad I want this game. I also hate you for having the play testing sessions because I'm jealous that I'm too far away. P3 is hands-down the game (system) I'm the most excited for.

Great to see the profiles, this was something I was asking about a while ago. Not that you stole my idea (or did you???). Have you guys, or do you plan to do the "team" thing that I think Sega did? It always seemed like a neat idea where you could put multiple people on each team (potentially even mismatched numbers) and compete based on aggregate score.

With the profiles, do you plan to have "lifetime achievement" type of goals? It would be cool if there was a badge/achievement system that would earn rewards, or even cooler would be unlocking content.

One cool thing to do might be to have mini-games sort of like what Scott did with WOOLY. He built a bunch of mini-games that are accessible from the attract mode so you could practice different things, like wizard modes, that you don't get to that often. I could see combining the achievement system with something like this to add something really cool.

For example, let's say that you had one of the achievements as squash 5000 bugs. Once your profile killed that many bugs over the course of however many games, it would unlock a separate mini-game that was like a bug zapper frenzy mode, or something like that where all you try to do is kill as many bugs in a set amount of time. You could have a variety of these mini games that are derivative of the in-game modes, but are somehow different and stand on their own, sort of like the token in Safecracker. Some achievements could just be badges to earn, and others could unlock mini games that you could play outside the context of a full LL-GG game.

Just a thought.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If you create a new player profile name, will you be able to allocate them one of the pre-installed profiles (ie. the "Easy" profile) or do you have to go through manually setup their profile?

You could do that with a 'clone and rename' function.

#29 9 years ago

Great work, great ideas and all well implemented. This will develop into a great game, and should appeal to the youngsters with the video modes. Keep the updates coming, and looking forward to seeing the final product.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

One cool thing to do might be to have mini-games sort of like what Scott did with WOOLY. He built a bunch of mini-games that are accessible from the attract mode so you could practice different things, like wizard modes, that you don't get to that often.

I'm pretty sure there are already a couple of these, like the "ROCs" asteroids-esque game that's played with the crates up.

#31 9 years ago

This should be the hottest thread on Pinside. But for some reason you need controversy for that .

Lets hope this never becomes the hottest thing on Pinside.

lol

Thanks for the update.

Any plans to get a booth at the Replay Festival?

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Great to see the profiles, this was something I was asking about a while ago. Not that you stole my idea (or did you???).

Cheeks, I have no idea what you're talking about!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexy-lightspeed-galaxy-girl-progress#post-2115528

The profile system is how we've always been planning to provide stock settings (beginner, intermediate, expert), but having you guys ask for handicapped gaming convinced us to implement it sooner rather than later.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Have you guys, or do you plan to do the "team" thing that I think Sega did? It always seemed like a neat idea where you could put multiple people on each team (potentially even mismatched numbers) and compete based on aggregate score.

I agree it would be cool. If there's enough interest, we can add it to our roadmap.

Quoted from Cheeks:

With the profiles, do you plan to have "lifetime achievement" type of goals?

Absolutely planned as part of the profile system.

Quoted from Cheeks:

It would be cool if there was a badge/achievement system that would earn rewards, or even cooler would be unlocking content.

I have mixed feelings about unlocking content - won't rule it out though. It's pretty popular in the video gaming world these days.

Quoted from Cheeks:

One cool thing to do might be to have mini-games sort of like what Scott did with WOOLY.

We've discussed having mini-games since day 1. The P3 game library will include full games (playfield modules + software), full software games that use existing p/f modules, mini-games that use p/f modules, and mini-games that will work with *any* p/f installed (by keeping gameplay in the LCD region). In other words... lots of games, lots of variations.

Quoted from cooked71:

We'll just seed new profiles with whichever profile is active when you create it. Therefore, to create a new profile based off of "Easy", you would activate "Easy" and then create a new profile. That's actually how it's supposed to be working now, but it looks like it isn't working yet.

- Gerry

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

This should be the hottest thread on Pinside. But for some reason you need controversy for that .

So much truth! ...where's our controversy, Gerry?

We've discussed having mini-games since day 1. The P3 game library will include full games (playfield modules + software), full software games that use existing p/f modules, mini-games that use p/f modules, and mini-games that will work with *any* p/f installed (by keeping gameplay in the LCD region). In other words... lots of games, lots of variations.

This is interesting. Although, feel a little unclear on what each of these possibilities means. I'm pretty sure I understand this one:

full games (playfield modules + software)

That's referring to complete games (LLGG, CCR, etc), right?

Then, I'm not so sure I understand:

full software games that use existing p/f modules

...so, do you mean with your new developer kit, someone could take the existing Lexi module and program a completely different game around that? Would they have access to animations and LCD...uh...STUFF?

Also, pardon my ignorance, but does this:

mini-games that use p/f modules

...mean that you could start up your machine in wizard mode and JUST practice those shots if you want to? Sort of like a pinball exercise, so you're better prepared when you finally acheive a wizard mode legitimately?

Finally,

mini-games that will work with *any* p/f installed (by keeping gameplay in the LCD region)

...so, the walls and scoops mech will confine the playfield for these pinball exercises, so in theory you could do this with NO playfield module installed, right?

Regardless, lots more to be excited about here. ...and great vid, Gerry. Can't wait to show this to my wife. I have a feeling this player profile stuff is going to make her excited about a more even competition.

Go, Gerry, Go!!!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#34 9 years ago

on the individual player created profiles, can requirements advance with skill level advancement?
-like a target requiring 4 hits being hit 9-10 times, auto adjusting to a requirement of 6 hits for the player's skill having increased, so the game slowly becomes tougher for that profile..

something like that could make things more interesting than -easy-medium-hard- menu selection.
someone playing their profile more often getting better, having progressively steeper requirements.
it appears the profile game tracking is already in place, so its maybe just option implementation.

#35 9 years ago

Thanks for the update. I have yet to tell my wife about my ideas of spending $10,000 later this year on this but I think after watching these videos you keep putting out it may be an easier sell than not if I have cash available at the time. Keep up the great work.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

So much truth! ...where's our controversy, Gerry?
...so, do you mean with your new developer kit, someone could take the existing Lexi module and program a completely different game around that? Would they have access to animations and LCD...uh...STUFF?

Still working out the details on the assets. I expect that everything we make for LL-GG (assets/code) will be available.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Also, pardon my ignorance, but does this:
...mean that you could start up your machine in wizard mode and JUST practice those shots if you want to? Sort of like a pinball exercise, so you're better prepared when you finally acheive a wizard mode legitimately?

We're likely to release all of the modes, including wizard mode, as mini-games. So... yes.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...so, the walls and scoops mech will confine the playfield for these pinball exercises, so in theory you could do this with NO playfield module installed, right?

True, except for the fact that you'll need a way to launch balls from the trough (in the rear) to the lower p/f. So you'll need *something* installed in the upper p/f area. It could be as simple as a blank p/f with 1 launch wireform.

Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

on the individual player created profiles, can requirements advance with skill level advancement?

Cool idea. This is similar to unlocking features with progress, which is a concept about which I have mixed feelings.

Regardless of what we implement in LL-GG, the profile system can absolutely be used by future developers in these and other ways. The profile system is part of our software framework which will be distributed as part of our development kit.

I mentioned this is my recent public email to our email list (contact me if you want to get on it), but we're currently making plans for the release of our development kit. If anybody wants to be on an early access list for the dev kit, please let me know. Early access developers will likely be asked to sign an NDA.

- Gerry

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I think after watching these videos you keep putting out it may be an easier sell than not

Multimorphic has a no deposit, no obligation, buyers sign up right now. Or at least they did and it may still be going on. I emailed my paperwork in last week and am really looking forward to this machine.

#38 9 years ago

thanks but I have ZERO real programming skills or experience to offer up.. I do know programmers arent necessarily idea guys, but if you hand them a clear idea they usually CAN make it happen quick.

kind of similar to unlocking features but not, a noob's handicap value just diminishes over time as their skills improve, so they are kept challenged as the bar gets raised. kinda similar to how a player builds a charachter's skill-health-speed-magic etc in an RPG, but shot target history based.

something like that could also ("the force is strong with this one!") be set up to detect if someone were sand-bagging and diminish their profile handicap values a little faster to level the playfield.
some are very quick to get the eye-mind-hand-timing coordination happening, and some are not.
naturally it'd keep track single or multi player games as long as they logged into the created profile, and if they didnt log in a bunch (practicing up!), the program could detect-adjust for skills gained when they do log in, kinda negating some sand-bagging (trying to better clarify the overall concept).

2 weeks later
#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Have you guys, or do you plan to do the "team" thing that I think Sega did? It always seemed like a neat idea where you could put multiple people on each team (potentially even mismatched numbers) and compete based on aggregate score.

We've implemented a more cooperative version of team play. See this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/team-gameplay

Adding scoring aggregation is a possibility as well.

- Gerry

1 week later
#41 9 years ago

If you save a 8ball physical lock... I assume the game cannot auto-re-lock the physical balls. As a result; it ejects 8balls from under the PF at start?

#42 9 years ago

Yep, it will auto-launch however many are missing from the ship. This is the same way it deals with lock stealing in multi-player games. You never have to re-lock stolen balls, that wouldn't be fair.

- Gerry

#43 9 years ago

Yep, it will auto-launch however many are missing from the ship. This is the same way it deals with lock stealing in multi-player games. You never have to re-lock stolen balls, that wouldn't be fair.
- Gerry

I was playing "TAXI" in a tournament and that happened to me. El stinko.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I was playing "TAXI" in a tournament and that happened to me. El stinko.

Yeah. Since the right VUK and the ship's exit both feed the right wireform in LL-GG, the source of the ball doesn't much matter. In either case, you'll have a right flipper shot for a jackpot.

- Gerry

#45 9 years ago

Disclaimer: I posted this in the "Save and Restore Game State" thread, but figured I'd add it to this conversation,

"Another great innovation, Gerry. I can think of a less glamorous application of this new feature that would be pretty useful to me (and maybe others) in my role as a new daddy. Often, I'll grab a game in the evening, shortly before bath/bed time. If I have a good game, I'll usually need to shut things down prematurely in order to take care of more important matters like bathing our son and putting him to bed. This game-save feature would allow me to come back to that stellar game once we could ensure our little dude's slumber wouldn't be disturbed. Awesome work as usual.

Keep 'em comin', Gerry!"

Although this comment got me thinking:

I kinda like games in which you can steal an opponent's physically locked balls. I can see Lexi as a particularly interesting case where you're trying to stack as many balls as you possibly can before releasing them. Although, if you get too greedy and drain before their release, it could be a pretty sweet set-up for player 2. I understand the ability to steal locked balls is not for everyone. In tournaments it presents an imbalance in scoring and disadvantages the first player. However, it could be a fun option in the home environment for the not-so-serious player.

Just sayin',
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#46 9 years ago

It's looking neat,
totally wonder how this would do on route...

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

kinda like games in which you can steal an opponent's physically locked balls... I understand the ability to steal locked balls is not for everyone. In tournaments it presents an imbalance in scoring and disadvantages the first player. However, it could be a fun option in the home environment for the not-so-serious player.

I tend to agree. I'd like that option available in game settings.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'd like that option available in game settings.

That's a distinct possibility. What else would you like to see?

- Gerry

#49 9 years ago

at else would you like to see?

LOL. Might not want to ask me that...
Right now I got no ideas - but I'm distracted by my own projects. I'm sure others have ideas.

I'm hoping that when you get closer to release; you'll continue your video series by doing a walkthrough of game play rules... not that I'll probably ever get to the point where I'll be able to use them well enough but might be a "cool" ahah moment.

Oh... I just thought of one.
I'd like to see a "website" hosted on the P3. This website would give us RO access to the high score menu... and maybe a synopsis of the setting (Profiles) of a given machine. Something like I did here with my Voyager:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?p=2156846#post2156846
For security; you probably want this setting to be defaulted off... or maybe limited to the existing subnet to limit exposure due to hackers.

One of these days; I'm going to build a public facing "mirror site" where people can browse my pitiful scores - real time.

#50 9 years ago

What else would you like to see?

Gerry, I've noticed in your videos the upper playfield seems kind of dark. I'm not sure if that is a video artifact with the LCD or if there is not a lot of light. Can you make sure it is lit properly with spotlights/GI so that in a dark environment it is not in a shadow? Stern has been great with their playfield lighting, so at the least I'd want the amount of light to match a new Stern title.

I know the big video screen creates all sorts of effects, but I'd still love to see some flashers throwing light around as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexy-lightspeed-galaxy-girl-progress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.