20190303_123449 (resized).jpg
20190303_091331 (resized).jpg
20190303_110233 (resized).jpg
20190302_175114 (resized).jpg
20190302_150127 (resized).jpg
20190302_175617 (resized).jpg
20190302_152600 (resized).jpg
20190301_110729 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volcanodiver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 7 years ago

These are like my grandma's couch.

plasticsofa (resized).pngplasticsofa (resized).png

#81 7 years ago

These make sense on an old beat game to make it more playable, but on a new game its just not right. Why not just put a printed overlay on the new field, because that would be insane. Once it wears a bit just peel it off and put down a new one. They should just start shipping whitewoods with graphic overlays from the factory. Shouldn't say that too loud, stern might do it if its cheaper.

2 months later
#226 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

So you think your opinion is greater than mine? Exactly why I don't give a shit about yours. Your not providing unbiased feedback, your jumping on anyone who likes these. Get over yourself.
Yup. Grand Lizard was beat to shit. Yup. Gorgar had cupped inserts. And it seems the majority of opinions of these protectors on older games is positive.
So the physics of the game changes slightly. It's something to get used to. Guess what else changes the physics of the game... Superbands. Yet plenty of people love those too. And some don't.

His opinion is not worth more than yours, but in this case its better than yours.

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I can think of two:
1. They eliminate playfield dimpling.
2. They eliminate magnet wear (i.e., Met Sparky magnet).

play your game more, the dimpling becomes irrelevant.

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

...or install a playfield protector from the beginning and never was or will be relevant.

and you'll never know how the game was meant to be played. And have fun when you get on a normal machine w/o one.

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

BOOM! I was just thinking the same thing. If the second guy wants to take it off, fine, but his choice will be the one that had one on. I would even pay a little extra for secondary purchase of one that had one on as would a lot of other peole.

I'd pay less with a protector, the time needed to remove it and the garbage man to take it away both have costs.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

1. Thinking your time spent working on your own stuff in a hobby has a dollar value is moronic. You can't charge yourself for labor. $1 out of your right pocket is zeroed out by putting it into your left pocket.
2. You're already paying for trash service, there is no additional cost to throw one of these away.
3. We get it. You don't like the protectors.

the more thats thrown out the more we pay. Your time migh not have value but mine does, hobby or not. If I'm wasting time taking off stupidity, that's time I am not spending doing something else.

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

You just showed everyone here how much you know about PF protectors, good job buddy. A PF protector can be removed in less than 60 seconds for most machines with a pair of scissors and zero disassembly of play fields. I am also glad you would pay less for a machine with a protector (thanks for the chuckle BTW) as anyone else who wants the exact same machine as you will be able to nab it from you

that's still time I'm not doing something else, like playing my machines.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

When I'm on the way home I make sure to call ahead to make my wife and kids turn on all the machines, credit them all up with one player, put my beverage of choice next to each game, and then they are to wait in the upstairs bedrooms until I'm done playing. I don't want to walk into the house and have to do anything but walk straight to the game I want to play and start. No wasted time, no slowing me down. When I'm done, I will also start yelling for them to come and turn the games off while I continue to play so I can use every last second of available time in active play. I have my wife hold her hand on the power switch and as soon as I'm done, I say, "it is finished," and she powers it down. From there I know that my Netflix show is already loaded and on pause. I know that a new drink is ready and a snack is within my reach as I sit on the couch.
This is how I live. Get on my level.

if that floats your boat go for it, don't sound that fun to me but its your time. I find having to take crap out from a machine before playing it is a waste of time. I like my family, so I'd have them playing rather than hiding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volcanodiver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexan-playfield-protector-install-and-review?tu=volcanodiver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.