20190303_123449 (resized).jpg
20190303_091331 (resized).jpg
20190303_110233 (resized).jpg
20190302_175114 (resized).jpg
20190302_150127 (resized).jpg
20190302_175617 (resized).jpg
20190302_152600 (resized).jpg
20190301_110729 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nephasth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 7 years ago

Just installed one on my Gorgar. Had to make a few cuts around the drops and one around a post, but pretty easy to install. I find it odd that the flipper ball guides weren't cut out on this one, yet they are on the one I got for my Grand Lizard. Overall, very happy with this so far. Super gloss finish on the playfield now, the ball seems to travel with much less effort, and it all but silenced playfield noise while the ball is rolling around. Pretty sweet to have on this machine while waiting for CPR to do the repro run of playfields. We'll see how it stands the test of time. Thanks!

1107161623 (resized).jpg1107161623 (resized).jpg

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm thinking of installing one on my black hole. I'm assuming the middle window gets covered by the protector, and the lower playfield gets it own protector. Is this correct? Anybody have a picture of one on black hole?

1137 (resized).jpg1137 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#220 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

nobody knows if they will actually end up causing damage.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are ruining your games...

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They play like ass. That's "ruining" your game.

Matter of opinion. Yours, of which, I care not.

I have 2 installed. One on Gorgar and one on Grand Lizard. And I'd say play has improved since installation.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks for pointing that out. Very helpful.
This thread is about Lexan protectors. People are supposed to provide their feedback. Sorry you don't like what I have to say. I think people thinking of installing these might be interested in my opinion, rather than people who have already bought one and somehow have their feelings hurt that not everybody loves them (that's so weird).
Your Games must have been a freaking mess before you put these on if they play better now.

So you think your opinion is greater than mine? Exactly why I don't give a shit about yours. Your not providing unbiased feedback, your jumping on anyone who likes these. Get over yourself.

Yup. Grand Lizard was beat to shit. Yup. Gorgar had cupped inserts. And it seems the majority of opinions of these protectors on older games is positive.

So the physics of the game changes slightly. It's something to get used to. Guess what else changes the physics of the game... Superbands. Yet plenty of people love those too. And some don't.

#228 7 years ago

No. We don't. And you are not welcome.

#230 7 years ago

You sure like to assume what I think and feel. Must be nice living in fantasy land.

#232 7 years ago

Oh, if you only knew...

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

I'd pay less with a protector, the time needed to remove it and the garbage man to take it away both have costs.

1. Thinking your time spent working on your own stuff in a hobby has a dollar value is moronic. You can't charge yourself for labor. $1 out of your right pocket is zeroed out by putting it into your left pocket.
2. You're already paying for trash service, there is no additional cost to throw one of these away.
3. We get it. You don't like the protectors.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

the more thats thrown out the more we pay. Your time migh not have value but mine does, hobby or not. If I'm wasting time taking off stupidity, that's time I am not spending doing something else.

Yeah, I could see how that could waste valuable time you could otherwise spend posting on Pinside...

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

The website says the new protectors are made from PETG and are only 0.020" thick.

0.5mm = 0.019685"

2 years later
#458 5 years ago

I've got 3 installed. One on Gorgar, one on Grand Lizard, and one on Johnny Mnemonic. Over the past couple of years, the Grand Lizard one has severely warped up on the left out lane, and has warped enough under the spinner to get the ball stuck 8 out of 10 times. I came up with a rigged solution... Meh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Tools
Pincoder Store

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nephasth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexan-playfield-protector-install-and-review?tu=nephasth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.