20190303_123449 (resized).jpg
20190303_091331 (resized).jpg
20190303_110233 (resized).jpg
20190302_175114 (resized).jpg
20190302_150127 (resized).jpg
20190302_175617 (resized).jpg
20190302_152600 (resized).jpg
20190301_110729 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

It is already available...
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/kVhQbtXUGUKXzln-Rn4Uog
We use the "official" name (Source ipdb.org): The Machine: Bride of Pin·bot | 1991
For some name we changed that i.e. Wrestlemania (Limited Edition) would "officially" be named Legends of Wrestlemania (Limited Edition).
Please try our search feature. 3-4 letters will mostly be enough to get your pin in the result list, if it is available

I looked but I didn't see it. Thanks

1 week later
#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

I'm planning on having my Ghostbusters premium and Tron pinball's at the portland retro gaming expo later this month! I just ordered the Tron protector last week so I'm hoping it makes it in time. Ghostbusters premium pin just arrived this morning at Specialty Coin in portland and my friend at portland pinball repair Curt is going to pick it up and install the playfield protector in it along with the tron protector when it gets here. If anyone in the portland Oregon area is interested in seeing them in person definitely come check out the portland retro gaming expo.

I'll be interested to hear how they work out so please post. I was thinking about getting one for my new BOP playfield.

#112 7 years ago

Has anyone put one on a new pf? Been thinking about putting one on my new BOP pf instead spending $600 to have mine recleared with a smooth as glass clear job.

1 week later
#146 7 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Ordered 6 Playfield protectors and they arrived in 3 days.

Oh man are you gonna be busy. I hope you got a quantity discount.

1 week later
#171 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I finally got around to installing my unit on my Flash Gordon
I took the opportunity to led the GI while I was in there so I can't really say how easy or not it would have been to install.
I originally thought I was going to have to break the pop bumper down, but the protector could be coaxed over the ring with a little bit of try. But flippers did have to come off as well as some plastics... So that's what motivated the led swap
The design for Flash Gordon looks very good but I think I would have preferred a design that had the protector secured by some posts. Both the upper and lower can shift about 1/8th of an inch... Probably a little less. Movement on its own doesn't seem like much of an issue... But I was worried about the in line drops because it had shifted to where contact could have become an issue.
My biggest issue was it was clear after just 2-3 games that hang ups would be an issue. Train Flash Gordon has spinners at the bottom of the ramps that can really kill ball speed on shots that rattle or just don't make the ramp. It's not uncommon for the ball to be stopped by the spinners. When the ball doesn't have speed... It would get hung up on the protector.
The star rollers at the top of the orbit are also a problem. Because again, it's not uncommon for s ball to be moving slow up there.. The ball will get stuck on the protector edge surrounding the star inserts (it's cut to a full circle around the insert).
The hang ups were true deal breakers. I put Mylar over the bottom of the ramp transitions to help and that seems to help but hasn't elimated it fully. Not much can be done about the star inserts except trying to increase ball speed.
As for play... The game certainly isn't screaming... So I would say it certainly doesn't make the game faster. I'm unsure if it's really slower or not.
I'll have to see how bad the hang ups are and if I can sneak any more slope out of the game to help combat it.
I'd be cautious with games where in line drops can cause hangups or difficult ramps because the ball speed might lead to hangups in those games.

I know it would be a pain but would it be possible to file those edges at an angle?

2 weeks later
1 week later
#233 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Regardless it really shouldn't be cited as a reason to slap a loose sloppy clear TV dinner platter on top of your playfield.

If I was interested in a game that had one on since it was new you can bet your bippy I'd buy that one over a game that hadn't had one on. So let the people that want them put them on, it's only making a better game for us secondary market buyers.

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

BOOM! I was just thinking the same thing. If the second guy wants to take it off, fine, but his choice will be the one that had one on. I would even pay a little extra for secondary purchase of one that had one on as would a lot of other peole.

Exactly. In a year or 2 I'd expect to see some games such as that come up for sale.

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

that's still time I'm not doing something else, like playing my machines.

60 seconds.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Get on my level.

ah.....no thanks, I want people to show up at my funeral.

1 week later
#278 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I just installed another one, this time on a Shrek.
This machine had been heavily routed in Europe, exported to Australia, sloppily "restored" by an Aussie dealer, and sold at maximum price to an unsuspecting newbie kiwi buyer.
It had huge wear marks on the playfield where the ball kicked out of the scoop, rusty metal posts, spray painted rails and lock bar (in the wrong colour!) ... generally it was crap. I couldn't believe a dealer could sell a game like this and sleep at night.
Anyway, I made up a decal to cover up the wear marks. I repowdercoated all the metal in "swamp green". And of course, installed a playfield protector to protect the repair decal.
Just painting up the "Brian" prince bash toy now .. that was back to bare plastic as well.
rd

Very nice job rd.

1 week later
#307 7 years ago
Quoted from JIMAKOST:

One last thing just imagine with 80$ with shipping included your playfield looks always new even after lets say 2-5-10-20 years just replace the protector JUST AWESOME!!

If the company is still in business then.

8 months later
#345 6 years ago
Quoted from Level3623:

I got my TSPP a year and a half ago with 50 plays on it. I installed a playfield protector before bringing it in to my freeplay arcade. It did its job and looks amazing after cutting it out. Only issue was how dirty it got even after cleaning once a week. Seems like the dirt gets etched in and won't come off with novus or even a Mr. Clean. There was dirt underneath close to the edges and didn't damage the playfield. Taking this game home to shop out and put in another protector. Sorry forgot to take a pic of the dirty protector.

How often did you change your balls? It would take me 30 years to put 33,000 plays on one of my games.

1 year later
#446 5 years ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

I have had a protector down on my Firepower for over a year, I just had a look & saw a similar thing on mine with the spots - not too much, I hadn't noticed this before.
Looking up close it looks like an accumulation of some sort of particals. I live in an extremly dry climate & have never had any mould on anything inside where the games are, I don't think it's mould (in my case anyway), I certainly hope it's not mould, that would be very dissapointing if it is.
Would be great to get some other opinions as well.
[quoted image]

Your just gonna have to take it off to see what it is.

2 weeks later
#467 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

when they dish in (like the firepower in the first post) they can’t really be fixed, unless you take them out and replace them.

Orrrr clear the pf.

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Spraying some clear on the playfield won’t fix dished inserts.
They need to be either filled or replaced.
rd

Well yeah that goes without saying, ya fill to level.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexan-playfield-protector-install-and-review?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.