8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Can you use Lexan or any other play field protectors

on your drop targets or any targets for that matter?

If so do they work? Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Like attached to the front of them to keep the actual target from being struck?

I'd expect a clearance issue with drop targets. I've done a couple of video game control panel covers with Lexan (acrylic) and Polycarbonate and found that Lexan is more scratch resistant but also more brittle and prone to cracking. Polycarbonate is softer and easier to cut/shape, but is softer and easier to scratch.

I don't think either would sustain direct hits for any period of time, which is why most of the protectors formed from Lexan are more to deflect secondary impacts.

#3 8 years ago

Why not put Mylar over the drop target decals?

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why not put Mylar over the drop target decals?

A lot of times, my drop target deals will get hung up on the stop rail that's attached to the metal bracket, therefore, not fully dropping. My guess is, if you add a layer of mylar, your chances of the drop target hanging up increases.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

A lot of times, my drop target deals will get hung up on the stop rail that's attached to the metal bracket, therefore, not fully dropping. My guess is, if you add a layer of mylar, your chances of the drop target hanging up increases.

Good point. I haven't done this yet, but I guess I assumed there would still be clearance after the Mylar is applied.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.