Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ArcadiusMaximus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

63615_I (resized).jpg
IMG_3995 (resized).PNG

#1 1 year ago

I have games for Gottlieb and Sega. Anyone know what the recommended adjustment level is for these games? Also, if there a preferred level to get, bubble level or digital?

Thanks in advance.

#2 1 year ago

Twister manual calls out 6.5 degrees slope. I don't own game so can't say if that's good slope or not.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Twister manual calls out 6.5 degrees slope. I don't own game so can't say if that's good slope or not.

Great, thanks.

#4 1 year ago

You can usually start at 6.5 on most machines and go from there. There are several good apps for pin leveling. I use PinGuy.

IMG_3995 (resized).PNG

#5 1 year ago

I used this one for a while
amazon.com link »

phone levels don't have the repeatability (at least not the few I used). obviously it doesn't need to be exact, but I've found that even being off more then .1 degree side to side can cause the ball to do things that it isn't supposed to. like going straight down the middle from an orbit shot when it was supposed to hit the flipper. when your off .3 or more it's pretty noticeable that something isn't right.

side to side is the most important.
find a reference point
I try to get it below .05, mainly since as soon as the table is moved by nudging it going to move the level a little bit and having it almost perfectly level initially, will help negate any possible lean.

think slope mainly depends on your preference. on some games the ball can get stuck a lot more often in odd places, if the tables slope isn't close to 6.5.
usually slope can be anywhere from 6.5 to 7, depending on preference. If I get anywhere in that range I'm happy. 5.0 to 6.0 makes the game play really floaty, if you like that then try it out. I've leveled all my machines this way except for my EM's. Honestly can't remember what slope I decided with those.

good luck

#6 1 year ago

I use one of these you can pick it up at harbor freight. I start at about 6.5. You can also use it for side to side. I check in several spots until I get it just where I want it.

63615_I (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#7 1 year ago

I have a general leveling question that is driving me nuts. I have been able to level my machines within .1 degree side to side at both the front and rear. However, when I go to lift my field it binds in the lock down bar. If I lift one corner of the machine it flexes the cabinet and the field drops into place. Is this binding acceptable? As of recent I have been leveling my machines, lifting the cab until the field engages, then lowering that leveler until it sits on the ground. Of course now I'm out of level 4-6 degrees depending on severity. Thoughts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
California, MD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside