4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 523 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

the-decline-of-western-civilization.jpg
    poster50195737.jpg
    In person vs. online.jpg
    IMG_20150611_161805.jpg
    Pink.JPG
    mjpopcorn.gif
    Pinside.jpg
    1313783734-screen_shot_2011-08-19_at_12.54.08_pm.png
    lemur.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#64 4 years ago

Frankly, I'm tired of the negativity and disrespectful people that lurk here.

Honestly, one of the big reasons I sold my MetPro at the price I did is to start to retreat from this community more and more. Yeah, there's thread drains and ignore lists; I get it. There are also things like "taking it too far" or being a real off-putting jerk.

I am really getting that vibe more and more from a greater number of people here. There's a fair amount of keyboard warriors in this forum. When I am on this forum, I have a rule I live by: don't type anything you would not say to someone's face. I have genuinely tried to live by that, but some people here have honestly really tested my limits.

I came to this forum to learn technical knowledge and gain understanding of diagnosing machines, but honestly, that's about the last thing I have gained. My local Cincy-Dayton community has been amazing and taught me a LOT, and the sad thing is, I don't think I'd really be missing much here.

That sickens me. People shouldn't feel that way. Long standing members shouldn't have some "holier than thou" attitude just because you know more than another member. Whether it be technical knowledge, how to transport a machine, what new machines are coming out, how to dismantle a playfield, how to test a component to see if it is good or not, or anything else in this hobby - I know I have definitely felt disrespected, and here is my thoughts: if you don't have something constructive or helpful to say to assist someone new or someone that is learning for themselves, go pound sand.

I will give this community credit: I have bought and sold a lot of machines here, and I made sure I contributed donations to Pinside because Robin has given us something very special here. He has given us a hub for us to and enjoy sharing pinball knowledge and war stories. He has given us a place that helped me discover the entire Cincinnati-Dayton pinball community. He has given us a community where I have made some great friends and people I would never have met otherwise.

/rant off

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

It's sad to me how many people who are passionate about pinball are talking about how they never want to come to Pinside because of all the sexism and negative bullshit.

I have no problem stating I am becoming one of those ready to leave. I don't need this negative crap.

That or my ignore list is going to get fricking huge soon.

I edited this as most of it was just a big rant. My first 2 lines above this say enough.

#432 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Dude just stop. You've been sooooooo annoying recently. Hijacking every thread. Making your point 10x over. Robin is asking us to be nice and you can't get over yourself for one thread. Just stop!

o_o

*mind blown*

The strides you have made are just insane.

Genuinely, I am not trying to badger. I'm just totally amazed lately. Please don't let "the other guy" ever come back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 16.95
    $ 300.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 8.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 339.00
    $ 229.99
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 23.00
    $ 35.00
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 6.00
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Maple Street Sign Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside