(Topic ID: 131206)

Let's try and keep Pinside friendly!

By robin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-decline-of-western-civilization.jpg
    poster50195737.jpg
    In person vs. online.jpg
    IMG_20150611_161805.jpg
    Pink.JPG
    mjpopcorn.gif
    Pinside.jpg
    1313783734-screen_shot_2011-08-19_at_12.54.08_pm.png
    lemur.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#337 8 years ago

What is the demographic breakdown for active users on this site? I'll be shocked if it isn't at least 99% male. If you really want to monetize the site, do you cater to the 99% or piss on them to grow the 1%? I say figure out a way to grow the 1% while keeping the other 99% happy. Take a room full of guys shooting the shi*, bustin balls, and and talking about guy stuff like pinball. Tell them they need to tone it down, be nice, and make their conversations family friendly. Do you think the majority are going to view that positively or negatively? You can hope for the former all you want, but you can expect the latter from most.

The real source of negativity that needs to be addressed is the Jpop/Skit-B crap. I'm a member of car forums, investing forums, deal forums, fix-it forums, and a couple other pinball forums. This is the only forum I'm aware of where numerous members were screwed out of thousands of dollars by other members. That's a problem to address. Read it out loud to yourself. Forum members were screwed out of thousands of dollars by other forum members. I bet those 2 clowns can still post on the forum like nothing happened if they chose to. You want to piss people off and make them say nasty things they probably otherwise wouldn't? Take their thousands and don't give them what they expect in return. Drag it out for a couple years with lame ass excuses for good measure. Threats of violence are never acceptable, but those 2 situations have left a lot of people saying WTF? Pinside's handling of those situations? I'll stop now...... Flame suit on.......

#343 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

?? Hardly think that's what's going on.

It's not a term I use frequently, but my point is tell a group of guys what they can't do, they don't like it.

#345 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

And that's a good thing.
    If someday their attorneys allow them to talk, you probably want to hear what's on the other side of a black hole.

I think I've seen enough responses from the horses mouth to know it will just be more BS. You don't think so huh? They are finally gonna see the light and tell the truth?

#355 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

C'mon McL, we are hit up with rules all the time. Laws, IRS, workplace etc. Society succeeds only because we collectively agree on boundaries across which we as a group don't cross. Some guys might not like being told to tone it down, but I bet they like pinball more, and will still hang out here.

Ok room full of women having a great time talking about women stuff. Add a man and tell them they need to make the conversation gender neutral. They need to make him feel welcome. You think they want that or do they want him to find a room full of guys to talk to?

#372 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

First of all, I have no problem sitting down with a group of women and talking with them. It's not particularly difficult. Believe it or not they don't in my experience wait for the men to all leave the room and then go OMG LET'S TALK ABOUT OUR PERIODS.
    It's even easier when instead of just a random group of people the women all happen to be into pinball. Seriously? I love pinball! Let's talk about it, this is rad.
    I even manage to not ask them to show me their boobs. It's incredibly enlightened of me.
    But beyond that, you're setting up a huge strawman, which is that this is some kind of "men's club". It's not. It's a pinball club. And anyone can join it, whether they happen to have a penis or a vagina is utterly irrelevant. We even helped a man with only one arm play pinball easier, because it's a cool community like that. Anyone can play, anyone can participate.
    If there's anyone here who seriously can't handle hanging out talking pinball without also posting pictures of breasts, then maybe go start pins-n-pussy.com where the dirty old men can lear at women and talk about flipper rebuilds uninterrupted.

#462 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Sure, and I get the barbecue scenario where the guys talk to the guys and the gals hang out with gals, but that is not the point. You are defining this site as a gender specific site, which it is not. You are defining it as similar to a football change room, which it is not. You are defining it as a place designed for burly guys to chest bump and be tough, which it is not. You seem to be speaking for all the men, which you most certainly are not.

I'm simply making observations and sharing MY opinion. You exaggerate and embellish. Anybody can watch Comedy Central, but the president of Comedy Central knows which demographic is his bread and butter. It isn't women and children and advertisers aren't buying ad space on CC to target women and children . Robin can do whatever he wants, but this is going to be a business right?

#473 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

What you are missing is that NO pictures of boobs have been posted.
    No nudity at all exists on Pinside, it has never been allowed.
    Tell that to your grandmother.

I admit it it. I posted a pic of a man's bare boobs once. It seemed funny at the time. I won't do it again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-try-and-keep-pinside-family-friendly?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.