(Topic ID: 131206)

Let's try and keep Pinside friendly!

By robin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-decline-of-western-civilization.jpg
    poster50195737.jpg
    In person vs. online.jpg
    IMG_20150611_161805.jpg
    Pink.JPG
    mjpopcorn.gif
    Pinside.jpg
    1313783734-screen_shot_2011-08-19_at_12.54.08_pm.png
    lemur.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#331 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I would prefer my home arcade to resemble the seedy places of the past as there is much more character and history in a place like that than some of the homogenized Ikea homes I have been too.

Things have really gotten sanitized around here. Even your avatar is gone!

#358 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Maybe they want him to jump up on the table and do a Chippendales act.

If his name is Channing Tatum or Matthew McConaughey, then yes. Standard run of the mill pinhead? Probably not.

#377 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Without downvoting, someone might read only that far into the thread and take the posting as gospel.

...and burn their house down.

#388 8 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I'm fine with avoiding the term "broad" for now, but can we occasionally mention dames with nice gams?

I was hoping for an official ruling on dame myself. They can be either dizzy or Judi Dench. Seems like this one could go either way.

#393 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Love and pinside don't mix.

As Trent Reznor once said, love is not enough.

#401 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Difference is Chevy doesn't take $70,000 and not deliver a car. Imagine those forums if people got screwed over.

Indeed. I'm just speculating here, but probably 90% of the negativity on the site is contained in the Jpop, Skit-B, and JJP threads.

Jpop and Skit-B imploded and took a boatload of pinsiders' money with them. JJP is still afloat and hopefully here to stay, but the repeated delays make many people nervous. I know how it is. I was in on a WOZ LE preorder for 2.5 years before selling my spot after still not receiving a game after all that time. The wait was stressful at times and made pinball a lot less fun for me. So I sympathize with the people in these various situations.

The common thread between the three is that a lot of people have a lot of money on the line. When you mess with peoples' bank accounts emotions run high and things can spiral downward quickly.

#408 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

You are correct that a large chunk of the negativity is on the threads where someone took someone elses $thousands, but that has nothing to do with boob pics.

Well... I agree that some pics do cross the line, but the tasteful lady pics do help to take the edge off when things get especially tense in those threads. Heck, there has even been some man candy thrown in at times for the ladies too.

The Jpop thread was such a flaming pile that not even boob pics could bring it out of the smoldering ruins of whatever happened. I don't think anybody even bothered to try to post one in that hell.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarjarisgod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-try-and-keep-pinside-family-friendly?tu=jarjarisgod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.