(Topic ID: 131206)

Let's try and keep Pinside friendly!

By robin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-decline-of-western-civilization.jpg
    poster50195737.jpg
    In person vs. online.jpg
    IMG_20150611_161805.jpg
    Pink.JPG
    mjpopcorn.gif
    Pinside.jpg
    1313783734-screen_shot_2011-08-19_at_12.54.08_pm.png
    lemur.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#234 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Historically, pinball is not a family amusement. It has been and still is loaded with sexual innuendos (wnbjm) and images. Yet in comparison to modern video games (GTA and the like), it is really, really tame.

Historically, women couldn't vote, segregation was practiced, and so on. Just because something was the norm or was practiced years ago, doesn't mean it should or has stayed that way. Pinball isn't a shady, backroom game any more that only attracts seedy hooligans. We can appreciate past artwork in the historical context in which it was created, but still make room for it in a friendly environment.

I just attended NJGecko's pinball gathering, and it was indeed a very family-friendly event. There were 10-year-olds, 65-year-olds, and all ages in between. It was simply a fun gathering with people who also had an interest in pinball.

Something doesn't have to be R or X-rated in order to have fun, and negativity doesn't make something fun.

And that's the point of pinball (or any hobby), isn't it? To have fun and share your interest with others.

#237 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait a second...who were you? I would have LOVED to meet you and to say thanks for helping me in the past. What were you wearing? Totally bummed now...

We did meet--I think we convinced each other to have another hot dog at one point

#240 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

WAITAGODDAMNMINUTE!!! You were the guy across from me that came with the kosher guy who collects video games??? Aw, crap...you should have told me! Well, thanks for your help...next time let me know who you are on here. How did you know it was me?
    (Sorry for going off topic...)

No, I wasn't with the kosher guy, lol---PM incomming

#273 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

In retrospect I wish I could change my alias to my real name.

PM Robin about it.

#293 8 years ago

Ah, there you are!

It seems I mixed up the screen names at first.

#298 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I'm also opposed to posting limits, it's a huge barrier to entry, and I'm failing to see seeing what problem it solves. Moderation and peer pressure to behave are a better blanket solution.

The best solutions are often the simplest solutions.

Trying to solve a social problem with a technological solution doesn't always work well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-try-and-keep-pinside-family-friendly?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.