I was trying to stay proper in the all new & improved pinside culture . Hehehe...
There's an interesting idea... Just noodling here... Maybe we should all be required to reference each other with formal titles in front of someone's username when addressing someone, or get an eject
Mr. Jpop is incompetent and in the end stole lots of good folks' money.
Instead of writing:
Jpop is incompetent and in the end stole lots of good folks' money.
This newly required formal title "Mr." (Ms., Mrs., Dr.) could help reflect respect for one another, and as a result make it a more respectful family friendly environment. But, what title do we use for gender-unknown usernames (like mine ) or even all the transgender people on pinside? Maybe... use "Pin." or "Citizen" for mystery cases or everyone?
Then, the new policy would show an example like:
Pin. Skit-B is incompetent and has refused to refund good folks' money.
Citizen Skit-B is incompetent and has refused to refund good folks' money.
1. Completely remove the ability to upload anything. Remove all images.
2. Only allow threads about pinball maintenance, repairs & highly structured instructions on how to play.
3. New threads should not be created until a new pinball machine is created, so that maintenance, repairs & highly structured instructions can be written in text only. All threads are pre-structured by manufacturer & specific pinball machine.
4. A Citizen's gender is irrelevant & in no way should ever be typed about. Disclosure of gender & any gender related typing is an immediate thread eject. Any text typed about gender is 100% off limits, like cults, race & politics. Further reinforcement to only use the term Citizen as the formal title prior to typing anyone's username.
5. Remove Polls & Voting. This eliminates: arguments about interpretation of results, arguments about how poll questions are written or missing options, eliminates use of opinions that we know vary across the spectrum of Citizens here, posting of links to poll-based topics on other threads which we know greatly infuriate some Citizen Moderator & Citizens.
6. Seriously evaluate the ellimination of typed words that describe any form of emotion. Emotions are interpreted differently by different Citizens, and often Citizens have a wide ranging variety of (and often inconsistent) emotions on the same topic, which only instigates negativity. Since words describing emotion are not fact based and in the end are only opinions, they too have no place in the well structured threads about maintenance, repairs & highly structured instructions on how to play pinball. Look at the countless examples of threads & posts using terms like (love, hate, fun, boring, redundant, enjoy, dislike, indifferent, ugly, attractive, average, ...). These are seeds of public volatility sitting, germinating and waiting to cause further typed Citizen negativity.
7. Not show a Citizen's post of down-votes or up-votes made by people they have on Ignore.
8. Reflect on the mirror universe philosophy of the newly themed Rob Zombie pin... Less human than human.
But I digress