Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

So have novus'd for years. But never found a good wax I like.

So I started looking.

Anyone know about this stuff.
    http://www.treasurecovepinball.com/polishing-kit.htm

What do you use? How do you apply it? How do you buff it?

Lets gets some discussion going.

#2 9 years ago

I really like the Blitz wax Terry sells at Pinball Life. Just a personal preference for me.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Snurdley:

Here's a good recent thread to read thru.

Hey look at that this place is so busy these days I missed that whole topic.

#6 9 years ago

I've used tons of wax but Collinite 845 is incredible. You have to heat it up a bit with warm water before applying. It lasts forever and is just fantastic.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I prefer Mill Wax.

Millwax has no "wax" in it.

#8 9 years ago

How often do you wax and do you strip most of play field? I just bought a WH20 and it's not so easy to take ramps off, etc.

#9 9 years ago

Let's not. Let's refernce one of the other 20 threads that have been posted in the last year.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

How often do you wax and do you strip most of play field? I just bought a WH20 and it's not so easy to take ramps off, etc.

I strip new acquisitions entirely, deep clean then wax the entire playfield. I have not yet re-stripped any of my pins, I just re-clean and wax ball travel areas so far.

#11 9 years ago

Doesn't matter which. They all do the same thing to different extents, and then you use them again. And again...

Just find one that fits your budget and you will be A-OK.

#12 9 years ago

Sweet Baby Jesus....again?!?

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballnut3:

So have novus'd for years. But never found a good wax I like.
    So I started looking.
    Anyone know about this stuff.
    http://www.treasurecovepinball.com/polishing-kit.htm
    What do you use? How do you apply it? How do you buff it?
    Lets gets some discussion going.

I have used Mothers pure carnauba wax and Blitz. Blitz is the way to go for me. They both smell good, and blitz is just a tad softer so it is easier to get out of the can and gets the result I want after less coats than pure carnauba wax. I actually have gotten away from novus 2 as well and used Plastix. Works great and smells great too.

I use those yellow microfiber circular application pads. To apply the Plastix or Novus I actually use a buffer drill bit for my drill that you can get with auto lens cleaning kits. but I apply the wax by hand with straight up and down motions, and then a circular motion to wipe off once it sets. Blitz takes about a half hour to set. I usually do two coats and it is nice and glassy.

#14 9 years ago

that's it, I'm jumping out of the window!!! joe

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Millwax has no "wax" in it.

Wax um ok. Is there oxygen in water? I can call my blood wax if I apply it correctly. Can you define wax for me then?

Any substance that polishes, I consider '"wax". If you apply it correctly, certain earthly soils could be considered "wax".

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Any substance that polishes, I consider '"wax".

You can consider it whatever you want, but it doesn't make it so.

Polish does not equal wax.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-wax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.