(Topic ID: 208849)

Lets talk solar power...whats the best choice?

By cosmokramer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sputnik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I want to go solar for my home and shop, looking for opinions from those who have done it. I live in So Cal, house is single story 1800sq feet with 1500sq feet of shop so there is plenty of roof space with good exposure.
Did you lease or buy?
What issues did you have?
Is anybody here a So Cal solar guy?
Thanks

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I bought my small system, 1.8 kw. I did the installation myself, just studied the codes. The panels are ecoworthy from Amazon. It is grid tie. The system will run when I am on the back up generator.
In the summer the system will make almost 1.9 kw, right now about 1.2 is a good day. I have very open southern exposure over the lake. My purpose was the credit and slight reduction in utilities.

What did that system cost?

#6 6 years ago

Anybody have any advice on lease vs. purchase?

#22 6 years ago

Great advice here guys thanks, it is a newer roof so I think Im good to go.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-solar-powerwhats-the-best-choice?tu=cosmokramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.