(Topic ID: 38418)

Let's talk Insurance.

By RussMyers

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rplante.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

Yep, time for a new agent, that sounds odd to me. How many machines sold/traded in a year constitute a business and how the hell would they know anyway.

I've had Statefarm for over 30 years and although I haven't had to make a claim for a pinball machine I have had a few claims over the years and they have always treated me very fairly and without hassle. I can't even imagine them interrogating me on just how many pinball machines I sold over the last year.

It might be wise for you to have shorter conversations with your agent.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from RussMyers:

rplante said:
    It might be wise for you to have shorter conversations with your agent.

That would probably be an excellent way to have them deny your claims later.

Better to get it nailed down ahead of time.

RussM

Not at all. I didn't say you shouldn't verify that your machines are covered, but your agent only needs to know you have pinball machines with a value of $x.xx, are you covered? He doesn't need to know the titles you have or how often you sell or trade a machine. Now he has it in his mind your running a business from your home and I think this could have been avoided.

Fusion has a very good point though, without documentation you may get far less than true replacement value for your games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rplante.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-insurance?tu=rplante and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.