(Topic ID: 38418)

Let's talk Insurance.

By RussMyers

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider catboxer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 11 years ago

State farm sucks, all I could get was the sewer backup policy the covers contents valued up to 10k. I think it costs me about 400 bucks a year. I had to add that, because apparently they don't consider the basement contents to be part of your general possession coverage either. In the unlikely event that anything happens, I'm sure they'll find a way to screw me out of that too. The rep on the phone will tell you one thing, but the underwriter has the final say. So, whatever...

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

I think you guys are missing some important information - yes your 50k pinball collection is covered under your 350k home owners policy, but when you tell them they are games from 20 years ago and you have no documentation of value on record or an appraisal/ condition etc they will give you 5k for your pile of ashes that you claim are collector quality pins and titles. Most of us don't have receipts for older pins - to be safe have them listed out as items and values in your policy.
    I have had lots of friends lose everything here due to Hurricane Sandy, and trust me when I tell you the insurance companies will screw you if you dont have every "i" dotted and "t" crossed... Flood insurance, oh yeh that covers your house just nothing inside of it...when the ocean goes through your living room the insurance companies will claim its an act of God and they arent responsible.
    Not to mention they are so far behind on claims here - people will wait 6 months if not longer to even think about paying back these folks, adjusters from texas and florida moved up here just to deal with the chaos</blockquote

Yep, or how about all the people that didn't actually live in a flood zone so you CAN'T buy flood insurance. They they get flooded and Oh well, not covered.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider catboxer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-insurance?tu=catboxer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.