Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2775 (resized).JPG
IMG_2774 (resized).JPG
IMG_2773 (resized).JPG
IMG_2771 (resized).JPG
IMG_2772 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

So Glo Balls are great for a game like VIPER NIGHT DRIVING but how about on others?
I put a set of glow in the dark ones originally in my REVENGE FROM MARS and attempted to rig up
lighting the the ball trough to charge them up (fail...).
So I then ended up putting them in my GODZILLA game and they look good (yeah no glow in the dark effect but oh well).
They are lighter and still a metal core so the magnetic functionality in the game is still active.
The ramps are easier to make as they are lighter and they bounce more.
The 2ND game I then tried Florescent Green balls in was my TMNT pinball.
They are way more bouncy and look great in it.
Anyone else have experience with them?

#3 6 years ago

P.S...
After a few quick games these balls will collect a good amount of dirt on them, so I'd clean them after a dozen or so games.

#4 6 years ago

P.S... 2.0
After comparing shipping charges...
for my it saved a few bucks ordering from MEzel....

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-glo-balls?variant=1300538840

#5 6 years ago

I ordered the green from Mezel to put in the reactor meltdown on Judge Dredd. I've seen others do this as well.

#6 6 years ago

I picked up a set of the blue ones back at MGC 'cause I thought they would look cool in Doctor Who. And they do!
Not in the machine at the moment as I have a few (minor) maintenance items to get thru and finish getting the Cliffys
put in. But they do add an interesting visual element to the game.

I will admit that after the fact I was a bit concerned that they might be a bit difficult to see given the overall art on the playfield,
but in practice they actually stand out quite nicely.

A bit too bright to pass for TARDIS blue, but they will be fun!

2 months later
#7 6 years ago

So I've got a set in my TMNT pinball, bounces all over, dynamic, fast and fun...
But, sometimes one will get mega stuck!
They get dirty quick and I'm still trying to figure out a good way to clean them...

I also put a set in my Godzilla as well.
It makes the right ramp more easy to make from both flippers.

Also, I just added a set to my NBA Fastbreak and did a video tonight.

I'll post pictures and videos eventually!

#8 6 years ago

Footage of my NBA Fastbreak with Orange Glo Balls!

#9 6 years ago

I have a green ball in Metallica's coffin lock, an orange in Mustang's captive ball area and a green ball as TFTC's captive ball.

#10 6 years ago

Cody - Fastbreak looks awesome!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I have a green ball in Metallica's coffin lock, an orange in Mustang's captive ball area and a green ball as TFTC's captive ball.

I put a green one as captive ball in my No Good Goffers.

3 months later
#12 6 years ago

Can a glo-ball replace TZ's powerball?

Edit: just checked - according to http://www.kimballspinballs.com/glo-balls/:

"They’re Also The Same Weight As The Ceramic Power-Ball In Bally’s Twilight Zone [BUT They Are Magnetic As They Have A Solid Metal Core]"

#13 6 years ago

GREEN Glo-Balls in my GODZILLA now!

#14 6 years ago

GID in RZ and thinking of switching to red.

2 years later
#15 3 years ago

don't mean to bring up an old thread how are these holding up?

#16 3 years ago

Both of these sets were used in a Gottlieb Spring Break, original ROM with always-multiball. So, nonstop brutal collisions. Both sets had at least 1,000 plays on them, including one year of MGC(2016) for the GITD and two years at MGC('17, '19) for the Hot Pink. SB really put them through hell. But even with the balls beat up as this, they don't eat away at the pf the way a beat up steel ball would. They do clean up pretty well with your pinball cleaner of choice (in the photos, I've cleaned the pink but not the GITD)

IMG_2771 (resized).JPGIMG_2771 (resized).JPGIMG_2772 (resized).JPGIMG_2772 (resized).JPGIMG_2773 (resized).JPGIMG_2773 (resized).JPGIMG_2774 (resized).JPGIMG_2774 (resized).JPGIMG_2775 (resized).JPGIMG_2775 (resized).JPG
#17 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Footage of my NBA Fastbreak with Orange Glo Balls!

That is a great idea. I would love to see if you took a marker and put the seams going around it like a real ball!

1 month later
#18 3 years ago

Once again bringing up an old topic! I just put white Glo Balls in Xenon. Hoping it will glow from the blues in my Game. I bought the white florescent s. Do you guys know if they have to charge like glow in the dark? Not seeing a ton of “glowing” yet but maybe it’s a whole other thing at night. Does anyone have any experience with these and witnessing the glowing effect ?

#19 3 years ago

I can't believe there arent videos out to see what they look like. Horrible marketing. They may not even work, or look like what you are thinking.

1 month later
#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I can't believe there arent videos out to see what they look like. Horrible marketing. They may not even work, or look like what you are thinking.

I did one with nba fastbreak on 904 pinball youtube

1 month later
#21 3 years ago

For anyone watching this thread.

I tried the eyeballs in my Munsters and gave my first impressions here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/180#post-5848575

Spoiler, the Herman magnet can’t keep a hold on them.

6 months later
#22 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

For anyone watching this thread.
I tried the eyeballs in my Munsters and gave my first impressions here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/180#post-5848575
Spoiler, the Herman magnet can’t keep a hold on them.

Update,

If you are thinking about glow balls I personally think they aren’t worth it.

I tried them in both Munsters and Stranger Things.

The color ones look super awesome in Stranger Things. Especially when the UV lights kick they even work with the TK multiball lock if you dial up the power.

But the balls get torn up very quickly. Like after less than 20 plays. And you will need to clean, polish, and wax, the playfield way more often as they leave lots of debris and scuffs on your playfield and plastics as they as they break down.

I only used them for about 20 games and was able to wash/wax and polish the scuffs out of the playfield clear but not completely out of my Munsters plastic over the Grandpas basement.

Fortunately I have another new never used plastic but I’m not thrilled at have to use it.

They were neat to try out but glad I did not put them in all my machines.

Added over 3 years ago:

Made a video explaining and showing what I am talking about.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Update,
If you are thinking about glow balls I personally think they aren’t worth it.
I tried them in both Munsters and Stranger Things.
The color ones look super awesome in Stranger Things. Especially when the UV lights kick they even work with the TK multiball lock if you dial up the power.
But the balls get torn up very quickly. Like after less than 20 plays. And you will need to clean, polish, and wax, the playfield way more often as they leave lots of debris and scuffs on your playfield and plastics as they as they break down.
I only used them for about 20 games and was able to wash/wax and polish the scuffs out of the playfield clear but not completely out of my Munsters plastic over the Grandpas basement.
Fortunately I have another new never used plastic but I’m not thrilled at have to use it.
They were neat to try out but glad I did not put them in all my machines.

I only use them in captive ball scenarios. They just don’t hold up anywhere else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-glo-balls?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.