Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1690 (resized).JPG
    groot02 (resized).png
    th (resized).jpeg
    th (resized).jpg
    40041517 (resized).jpg
    46DAgo (resized).jpg
    3-3 Equilbrium_08 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).png
    actors_vincent_price_movie_legends_1322x1800_wallpaper_Wallpaper_2560x1600_www.wallpaperswa.com_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_0261 (resized).PNG
    th (resized).jpeg
    1455456_f520 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    06a3074fabf73a155d999c04ee0ce55e--dr-seuss-the-star (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

I think Stern felt a major squeeze from collectors over SW. Stern got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. I just hope Jack is smarter and does the opposite. Since SW was not a cash cow alot of collectors have a little stash waiting to be splurged. If Jack was smart he'd reduce the price and put the squeeze on Stern (even for just 1 title). If both main players decide to raise prices too high then the pool of NIB buyers will just get smaller until the pot is all dried out.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What are you talking about?
    Star Wars pins are EVERYWHERE on location and it seems a ton of home buyers bought them too.
    Speculation that it didn't sell is complete nonsense. It appears to be based solely on wishful thread making thinking.

Well on my side of the border it's lukewarm at best. No operators have it on site (in my area), no collectors I know of have it (that's not speculation, that's fact). For the past 6 years either one operator took the new release or at least one collector that I know...that even includes shitfests like WWE. That in itself is a red flag. You have to look pass the states and look at the international market as well Levi.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You have to look past your incredibly small sample

4th largest city in Canada ummm

Now yes it's nothing compared to cities in the states but still it's a factor that needs to be added to the equation. I'm not saying SW is a total failure. I'm saying it's not selling as well as it should.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You don't know how many Star Wars have sold or how it's selling in comparison to other games.

Nope, but I did talk to one of the main guy that sells them in Canada. Since Canada only has 1 Stern distributor, it's not too tough to find out a pulse. I don't have a crystal ball either but when I talked to him at the pinball show in September and asked him if they were selling he "beat around the bush" like a true used car salesman. Hazoff might be right in saying it's exchange rates + price hike.

It's a bit of all of it if you ask me but I'm no operator or expert.

I did talk to an operator that services the biggest arcade in town and flat out asked him why he wasn't buying one he basically said "got burnt on Kiss, GOT and GB". "Now with the price of these things and poor CS from stern, I will not bring in SW".

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm certain flashinstinct was referring to Ottawa as the "4th largest city in Canada". But no one outside Canada gives a shit about Ottawa so referring to it as the "4th largest city" instead might help his case.

That's what the intentions was. How is the SW scene down in Toronto?

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I just can't believe what I'm reading. Those prices are insane. How do you make money on these?

Location, location, location

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-pricing?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.