6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,555 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 318 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D281A2CB-7ACC-4536-9358-8A6CF710B06F (resized).jpeg
F1F06364-1202-45A3-A469-655BEBEBB4A6 (resized).jpeg
calmer-than-you-are-www-the-h-6774061 (resized).png
QadOLdH (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
7EDEC75D-34B9-4AE4-85E4-A349017BC21F (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20181022-224830_Instagram (resized).jpg
913D9F97-A6CC-4738-92DB-C5C05E9C650A (resized).jpeg
D1B8CB5D-0F48-4640-B405-1C4625F8D78B (resized).jpeg
00D127AD-114C-4295-B33A-1E6717FCF94D (resized).jpeg
61142ADD-6DDA-4952-934E-FD47EB768010 (resized).jpeg
1E8D261A-5E07-4E44-A875-9FF0D8D2F8EC (resized).jpeg
8075 (resized).jpg
39018533_10105988326038618_7819987714790391808_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1015 3 years ago

Takin my son and wife to Maiden this summer - my sons favorite band is Ghost, who are the openers...

1 month later
#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

Huge Cannibal fan back in the day when Barnes was with them - still have my CASSETTE of The Bleeding with the original (basically censored) cover. Loved Haunted even more, but Lately I've just been going "WTF?!?" with their output. Is it them? Or me?

#1020 2 years ago

Holy HELL this is awesome. I was just the other day listening to the last At The Gates record and liking it, but basically wishing it still sounded like Slaughter of the Soul. Well, this does. Wow, bought it. Done. Thanks man!

2 weeks later
#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

SKELETONWITCH!!! one of the best thrash metal bands EVER!!!!

Alex you have an awesome Eddie avatar - what picture is that from? I don't think I've seen that before

4 weeks later
#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I personally like Youthania a lot. 3 words multiple times, Addicted to Chaos, Blood of Heroes, Train of Consequences, what's not to like?

I really really like that album too, even though it gets crap for being very commercial (still better than Risk! Omg)

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

No, Dave converted to Christianity and became wildly right-wing politically. His music changed to reflect the new dynamic(along with his bizarre ideas about witchcraft and black magic; RE: "The Conjuring"), and a lot of old fans said "meh" and walked away. IMO, "Train of Consequences" was the last song he wrote that I found remotely interesting(and it is a pale imitation compared to what he wrote before). I'll replay the hell out of the old catalog, though.
Metallica did their weird phase, and I didn't dig it. I do like most of Hardwired, so I would still pop for a concert ticket. They wrote Master of Puppets, so I am prepared to forgive a multitude of sins.
I miss Pantera. Some of Phil's newer bands sound ok, when he's not being such a stupid dick that I turn it off.
Slayer is, and always will be, Slayer.
Right now, I'm going back and discovering the metal bands that I missed during my early married days. Tis a glorious time of discovery.

You should check out "the system has failed" - tons of great riffs on there and Dave re-hired Chris Poland to do a bunch of solos on the record so it has a very old school feel at times, but with the heaviness of early/mid-90s Megadeth.

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Be prepared to be impressed by KSE.
rd

I've never been able to figure Killswitch out. What would you recommend as their best? I'm an Old school thrash fan but also like a lot of the Gothenburg scene and classic metal

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I went to youtube and sampled a couple of songs. "Kick the Chair" sounds ok. I may pick up a secondhand CD at some point. Depends on how obnoxious and preachy the rest of the album is. I couldn't stand United Abominations. Picked it up used, and it was being traded back after the first listen.
Part of it is admittedly his political and social views. Kinda hard to like a song when the lyrics piss you off.

Totally agree, especially about united abominations. I don't remember a single song on that album that I got into. "Blackmail the universe" is good and I think the Scorpion , most of the record is real good. It's no RIP but nothing is

#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I went to youtube and sampled a couple of songs. "Kick the Chair" sounds ok. I may pick up a secondhand CD at some point. Depends on how obnoxious and preachy the rest of the album is. I couldn't stand United Abominations. Picked it up used, and it was being traded back after the first listen.
Part of it is admittedly his political and social views. Kinda hard to like a song when the lyrics piss you off.

Totally agree, especially about united abominations. I don't remember a single song on that album that I got into. "Blackmail the universe" is good and I think the Scorpion , most of the record is real good. It's no RIP but nothing is

2 weeks later
#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Mic drop
» YouTube video

Exactly what I was going to post.

Azagtoth supposedly never listened to Sabbath. Uh really?

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Mic drop
» YouTube video

Exactly what I was going to post

Quoted from Gryszzz:Pretty cool to log on and see this thread still on fire today. Ice-T on Liquid Metal Takeover today and said his favorite death metal track was I CUM BLOOD. Fucking A right Ice, fucking A right.

Ice REALLY knows his metal. He can name and describe Slayer songs at the drop of a hat, down to crazy details. He loved Sabbath, he loves Megadeth - the new Body Count album is absolutely awesome old school Heavy Metal. His lyrics are fantastic too. The guitar sound is off the chain, Ernie C is a monster at tone, which is why Forbidden is totally unexplainable.

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Waited longer for new Carcass than the 13 year wait for GnR. Both were good, but Surgical Steel is just CRAZY GOOD. Saw em last year in Louisville with Crowbar, face still melted off.
» YouTube video

Still listening to this - the EP isn't half bad either. On par with Heartwork, IMO.

#1226 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Me and I stand by that, Carcass should be great though, I used to like Lamb of God but that's guys vocals get on nerves real quick. My favorite song by them.....
» YouTube video

You missed out on Brave New World, clearly

2 weeks later
#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Bruce and the boys in 2 weeks!
Up the motherfu¢king irons!

Going to see them in 5 days!!

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Devil's Food/The Black Widow. Vincent Price at his finest.
"Such power and dignity. Unhampered by sentiment."
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

My favorite part on any Alice record... and it's not even Alice himself! Have you seen the TV special where he acts (as Steven, mostly) alongside Vincent Price ?

#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So... understand
Don't waste your time
Always searching for those wasted years
Face up...make your stand
And realize you're living in the golden years
» YouTube video

Definitely in the Book of Souls setlist.

#1371 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you want a good laugh, download the latest Dean Delray Let there be Talk podcast. He talks to Sebastian Bach about Skid Row and metal stuff for 2 hours plus, Seb is fu*king crazy. He must have major ADD or something.
No wonder Skid Row don't want to reunite with him, even though they'd make $$$$$$ doing so.
rd

Every time I hear something about Skid Row getting back together with him, he goes on the radio or podcast and they must hear him and go "oooooh yeah, that's why we kicked him out...". I love the guy's pipes and he's done some great stuff but man he is all over the place!

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Guessing it will be same set as last year.
UP THE IRONERS. They lead a thankless life ironers do.

Pretty sure you are right. I will post a setlist; we go to the tour opening gig on Saturday nght

#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Mature response.
Nothing wrong with biting your tongue .. like I do everytime a video of some no hope, tiny club playing losers with a spiderweb logo and Cookie Monster spewing unintelligent, unmelodic drivel vocals is posted.
Slave to the Grind was the first ever metal album to debut at #1 on the billboard charts, and unlike a lot of metal, it still sounds fresh today. It's got what a lot of metal lacks ... a real groove. Listen to Monkey Business and check it out ... or don't, no worry to me.
rd

I quite like most genres of metal, (hair metal and screamo ares a pretty far stretch though), including the heavier death/grindcore metal bands and also including Skid Row. Slave to the Grind is a really heavy album. Hell, if the Pantera boys thought that was one of the best records of 1991, I can't disagree.

#1397 2 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

I thought the first metal album to go number one was "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Omg I hope this is not true

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That's what I do every day.
rd

Word

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can't really listen to any of the 80's stuff, I didn't like Quiet Riot then or now, listen that was a strange time and so many things were deemed metal that never were, like Van Halen and I love me some Van Halen with Roth only of course, and yes Hazoff sucks.
» YouTube video

Testament came out in the 80s... how about The New Order? Also the first Sacred Reich album, Sepultura's first 4 I think...

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Friends of mine
» YouTube video

Man sorry to hear that.. Bobby seems to have completely f'd things up again. The guys are trying to pick up the pieces but word on the street is it ain't good. He beat up his mom and dad or something(?)

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I was driving down the road in Denmark yesterday (as one does...) and this little dark grey metallic hatchback comes along side, it has black wheels, blacked out windows and the Volbeat logo all over it.
Dunno if it was a fans car, or offical.
I don't know much about Volbeat except that Rob Cagiano (ex Anthrax) is in the band.
rd

They're not bad - but if you get into them, IMO a lot of the tunes start to sound the same. You kinda know where it's going before they get there. Many of the tunes you will SWEAR you've heard before. That said, Guitar Gangsters and Cadillac Blood is an amazing album. Rob hasn't really changed them much but it's kind of a one-dude-does-it-all band like Danzig is.

#1417 2 years ago

Glad you found that! The follow up "Chemical Wedding" is even stronger. All around package is better too - songs, melody, artwork, everything

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is the lead singer of Fear Mr.Body from Clue? which is an amazing movie by the way

Yep, that's him - Lee Ving!

He did a record with Dave Mustaine back in the 90s called "MD45". I don't know what happened (wink wink), but later Dave decided to re-release the album with himself doing all the vocals.

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I don't follow?
-mof

After Accident of Birth, Bruce did an album called "Chemical Wedding" which kicks even more ass !

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Some shots from maiden in VA this weekend.

What song was that second photo from? I do not remember that backdrop

#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ain't gonna get myself killed!
» YouTube video

It's a dangerous meeting...

#1431 2 years ago

I figured - we were hauling ass out of the venue by then! I didn't want to sit in the car for 2 hours with my son going "When are we gonna get home...." lol

#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

lucky kid! Missed the encore but beat the traffic to get home to his video game!

We were walking in and talking to a couple of guys who had travelled from Pittsburgh (another dad and son, the son was about 30), and the dad asked my son what his favorite song was - he tells him "Speed of Light" - I about fainted! what a kid

1 week later
#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Bought a stack of sheet music at a yard sale yesterday. Was marked "pop, heavy metal, etc.."
I guess this is metal??? Lol

Not if you ask anybody I know!

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep. She's still cranking it out at 53. She has her own band now, Doro.
I have the Warlock albums on vinyl. They were pretty good back in the day. She was smoking hot. And she's still looking great ...
rd
» YouTube video

She reunited some of the warlock band and they are Doing dates this summer, too!

#1458 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

When the children cry, I just take em to a yard sale. But not to any that cool.

White Lion? haha

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The debate that can't be answered: which is better, Maiden or Priest?
With Don Jamieson guest starring.
rd
» YouTube video

Duh, Maiden. The end!

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've never listened to a podcast and I aim to keep it that way.

Worth it if you ever listened to Eddie trunk's terrestrial show or house of hair or any radio show, really. Chris Jericho also has a lot of metal dudes on, and I think he asks very unique questions, likewse Mark Maron

#1482 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, I forgot Jericho, he was like the second guy I subbed to. I delete the wresting episodes, but the rock/metal ones are really good and he also has good paranormal stuff on there. He did one a while back with one of the kids who was in the real Conjuring house, it was really good.
I added him to my list.
rd

I love wrestling, so I started listening to him early on, but his metal interviews are just as good - the interviews he did with Bruce Dickinson and Tony Iommi are off the charts!

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

His interview with Sebastian Bach (this threads favourite guy lol) was very good ... Sebastian was full ADHD that day!!
rd

lol I couldn't make it through that one - between the ADHD craziness, his (girlfriend's?) little boy coming over and it being fairly obvious he was blowing up the wine closet, it was too much for me!

#1488 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It was a bit like that.
Sebastian recently did one with Dean Delray that was better, he must have taken his Ritalin. Lol

They are audio only. I download them from iTunes on my iPhone, using the podcast app that comes with the phone.
If you don't have apple, they are generally on Soundcloud.
rd

Jericho's podcast is also on "Podcast One" which I think is just PodcastOne.com

I believe Eddie trunk's show is on there too, and a couple of horror shows I listen to (e.g. Post-mortem with Mick Garris)

2 weeks later
#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Half the popular pop singers out there can't sing at all, they're dropped in word by word until it sounds good. Hello Brittany Spears.
Lots of good female singers in rock/metal, sometimes you have to dig to find them though. Lzzy Hale is great, especially live, Alyssa White-Glutz, Floor Jansen from Nightwish etc. Lots of good female singers in euro metal.
rd

Word to the max. Floor destroys them all, but you're right - there's a lot of good singers out there. Many of the bands are AWFUL but have good front women. IMO no one will take Freddie mercury's crown any time soon (I am big into prog rock too) but there's a lot of great ones. Can't forget Angela either.

2 weeks later
#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

» YouTube video

Oh HELL yes!! Man those guys have jumped the shark now (both bands) but they had that period from about 1989-1995 where they were just unstoppable!!

1 week later
#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

I can't believe I'd never heard this. Unmistakably mike Patton, from the voice to the screams to the weird harmonies. This is like Black Metal Punk

2 weeks later
#1622 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Rust in Peace set the bar about as high as anyone will ever set it. Perfect album if there ever was one.
Been killin this track lately...
Techno prisoners, TECHNO SHIT.
» YouTube video

Absolutely a head smasher. Make sure you get the original not the "remastered" version where Dave inexplicably re-recorded the vocals on a bunch of songs ("techno Prisoners" sounded particularly awful, like he recorded it during recovery from a bout of laryngitis)

#1638 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well, thanks, but I've owned RIP since like 91. I agree though..."re-masters" generally "re-suck".

Sorry, I was talking in general to PS at large

#1639 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Five Magics is KVLLER!
I was wondering who that is blazing wood on that opening riff of Take No Prisoners. So fast...my 1st guess is Marty. But being the egomaniac that he is, can't see Dave letting anyone else play it. Doesn't really matter. That whole album is just perfection.
Confession: I have never heard YouthsinAsia.

Dave played all the rhythms on RiP; marty played slightly less than half the solos (just counting through you can pretty well validate this by listening; Dave has a very specific style that's easy to differentiate from Marty). Of course, this is all according to Dave, so take with a grain of salt...

EDIT: should have read a little further down

#1645 2 years ago

First rule is "the laws of Germany"
Second rule is "be nice to mommy"
Third rule is "don't talk to Commies"
Fourth rule is "eat kosher salamis"

#1650 2 years ago

Kirk is awesome. Too bad he ended up leaving Down, but damn Crowbar is awesome too

#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Hell yeah, man. I met Down in 2015, super talented guys and I'm a huge Pantera nerd so meeting and talking to Phil was unreal!

I bet! Was he coherent? I 'met' (basically they all said hi and spent a couple minutes talking) them when I was a kid in 1994 on this bill: Biohazard, Sepultura, Pantera. I am lucky to have survived, that was AMAZING! Phil was going through his rough years though

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

LOL
Git yer squealys on RD.
"And he's not even dead."---my favorite part.
Jake E. Lee was always a strong #2 behind Randy. Not really sure how Squealy McMountain Man ever got in the band.

Zakk is overwhelmingly the crowd favorite though - between his crazy antics and BLS, the huge personality - he's the 2nd face of the Ozzy band. Jake got royally screwed over by (I assume) Sharon in the songwriting; he had to write all the songs on BATM and TUS and hand over all songwriting credits to Ozzy so they'd get the $$. He's still bitter. And considering Bob Daisley has the same story, and Sharon is ... well, Sharon..., it does seem likely to be true...

#1719 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You can? explain anything after Powerslave please because I just don't get it. Love Maiden but I couldn't even get into SITime, something was lost, went very Eurotrash sounding to me anyway.

Try Brave New World, huge return to form. They've been inconsistent since then but The latest album is REALLY strong too

#1727 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well ya can't listen to 4 and not 5.
» YouTube video

What did I miss? You linked to 4. 5 is the god awful industrial album

#1728 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

is he?!
» YouTube video

Oh lord not this again...

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'd love to find Danzig 4 on vinyl! Was blasting lucifuge last nite!..dont know what happened to him by the 5th album! Did Tommy prong join by that album ?

No, but Jerry Cantrell plays on one track I believe. Some guitar were handled by Mark Chaussee (sp?) who was at one time in Rob Halford's band Fight. I don't think Tommy joined until Deth Red Saboath

#1732 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

IV
Tracks 4 and 5.
Really first 5 tracks are not to be frecked with.

Oh I get it. I like track 3, Cantspeak - it is literally the Let it Be Captured guitar part, but they reverse the tape and put drums on it!

The middle of that album is monstrous - bringer of death, son of the morning star, I don't mind the pain.. holy crap. I still don't think they ever beat the fury of "it's coming down" from thrall.

#1736 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Haha..there is also a video of him walking out of the grocery store with fruit-loops or some sort of kids cereal! Dunno why it makes me laugh as well! Dunno why it's on the internet either for that matter

You may be thinking of the photo where he had all the cat litter? He's calmed down considerably In the past decade or so, thank goodness. Takes himself a lot less seriously - good thing, it was getting hard to defend some of the weirdness!

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Danzig's new song:
» YouTube video

I liked this WAY more than I thought I would

1 week later
#1785 2 years ago

After rehearsing a bunch of Queen songs this past month, I've got to say they should be added to the list. All 4 of them are out of control amazing on their instruments. Yeah I know it's not metal...

Add vsn halen to the list!!

#1791 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Decapitated in all kinds of fucked up. And not just their shitty new sound.

I thought that was just a story that got out of control until I read more this morning.. they are in all kinds of trouble, whether or not they did what they are accused of. And sadly, they are probably screwed either way because who's going to believe a bunch of dudes in a band with a name like that!

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

99 Ozzfest is best metal lineup I've seen
Sabbath w/Ozzy reunion
Slayer
Rob Zombie
Deftones
Primus.
Some other single show highlights include Priest, Megadeath, Testament tour in early 90s and Maiden/Anthrax 90ish.
What about you guys? Yes there's a concert thread but this is a metal thread! Best shows you've been too?

Rush, 40th anniversary and Vapor trails tour (because of the feels after Neil came back)

Biohazard, Sepultura, Pantera 1994. Toledo sports arena, OH. Unbeatable

#1807 2 years ago

Alex, who is that?

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Fernanda, singer and bassist from NERVOSA!!!

» YouTube video

Wow, that was awesome! Guitar mixed way too low though, checking out other videos..

2 weeks later
#1819 2 years ago

Loving th Sons of Apollo album - part Symphony X, part deep purple, part Yngwie (a tiny part), part Kansas, etc etc. Lots of great parts that will synthesise together even better on album #2!

#1822 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How many bands is Portnoy in now? Like 46? lol!
That sounds good ... check out Bumblefoots guitar, the top neck is fretless. Never seen a fretless metal guitar before ...
rd

Portnoy has taken to making jokes about that in a lot of press interviews - I think all the bands/projects is his way of testing the waters to see what sticks. The album is great, although IMO not as good as the first Winery Dogs album, i do hope that doesn't fall apart. Sons of apollo has a LOT of heavy keyboards on it - it sounds a lot like Derek Sherinian's solo stuff, which is REALLY good. Brutal in parts -

First I've ever seen a fret less guitar in metal too... I love the Holdsworth stuff he does on one of the songs - track #4 I think

1 week later
#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Go get your Mercyful Fate itch scratched WELL with Portrait, from where else... Sweden.
So satisfying... the riffs AND the vocals... It's all there.
-mof
» YouTube video

That was awesome!! The band have obviously listened to don't break the oath a thousand times! The vocalist is like a mix of King and Michael Kiske ... welllllll done!

1 week later
#1868 2 years ago

Not really metal (early albums were kinda Proto-metal, you might say) but going to see King Crimson tonight, in about 30 minutes

2 weeks later
#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

yeah you need to listen to the best bands man
megadeth, judas priest, motorhead, iron maiden, saxon, dream theater. make a pandora station and they will fill you in. its great stuff

swampfire, eventually you will get into prog metal - Cynic, Dream Theater, Sons of Apollo

#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Roots Bloody Roots - who's better? » YouTube video
REAL SEPULTURA: » YouTube video

Andreas used to be my favorite lead guitarist - on Schizophrenia, Arise, Beneath the Remains, Chaos AD, he has some unbelievably creative parts. His melodies are all over Arise and BTR, and that's why those albums are so great - Max's tribal rhythms with Andreas' melodies carrying through. When they split, IMO neither band really got better. I don't mind Cavalera Conspiracy, but it sounds a lot like Nailbomb to me - not bad, but not really Sepultura. Too bad they have turned into Deep Purple being all pissed at each other. Sepultura sucks now, and Soulfly isn't my thing either. I need to go listen to Arise right now..

1 week later
#1908 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Is there a album that starts off better with 2 killer tracks then Arise and Dead Embryonic Cells?
To me they were right there with Slayer as my favorite band. However I checked out completely when roots was released.

Yeah, kinda me too. That album blindsided me and I never recovered; the start of nu metal was too compelling I guess. Luckily I discovered Testament not too much later...

1 week later
#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just bought my tickets for Wacken Open Air.
You jelly.

Hot damn!! Have a great time, maybe we’ll make it one year

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dooood. As I sit here, gritting my teeth, I must shamefully admit I FUCKING missed it. My wife's meeting ran over 90 minutes longer than it was supposed to. Really my fault for not getting a babysitter. I was so fuckin pissed last night. One of my favorite bands and I missed the last 2 tours....FUCK.
I did catch Powertrip last month with Obituary/Exodus though. That show KICKED MY ASS. Funny, I had some big boy tough guys square up on me at Obituary and DRI and I moved their big asses across the entire pit. Then their buddies high fived me...lol.
GODDAMNIT I MISSED CANNIBAL CORPSE AGAIN FUCKKKKKKK.

Man that really sucks but it makes me feel good I’m not the only dude who’s making/missing these shows but still trying to keep it together at home

#1969 2 years ago

Anybody heard anything about the new Exhorder?

#1972 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody looks awesome in their 20s.

Clearly you have not seen Metallica in their 20s up close! Lol

#2022 2 years ago

Slightly different than a lot of the thrash and death metal I see posted lately, but this is something we've been thinking of throwing into our set when I need a rest on the vocals. yeah I know it's a bit boring on the visuals:

#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Nice, I'm working a new riff very simple right now I'm playing bass and guitar, oh and I do all the choreography.
» YouTube video

Haha! That was SWEET!!

1 week later
#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Man... new vinyl releases from Dimmu Borgir... I'll buy them all!!!!

Wow, I would totally buy Enthrone Darkness on vinyl!

#2046 2 years ago

Man arch enemy has a cool show - I still miss Angela but they are definitely still kicking it!

Did Mikael Akerfeldt do anything with Bloodbath?

#2049 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

If you know this awesome metal lady you're a true metal head!

Well i know she’s German, but it’s not Doro or Angela Gossow, so I’m out

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It is.
When Anthrax and Killswitch Engage, two of the biggest bands in the scene, can’t fill the House Of Blues (1000 cap) venue in the middle of Orange County, Los Angeles, it is. Album sales also support these facts.
Feel free to think otherwise.
rd

As much as I love Anthrax, and I really really do, it is a stretch to call them one of the biggest bands on the scene... they are the least of the Big 4, and while they have had IMO better albums than the other 3 lately (worship music in particular is amazing), they just aren’t the big name.

Metallica was a top 10 earning artist in 2017. Behind G’n’R! This is mixed in with Bruce Springsteen, Beyoncé, etc.

#2083 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ok then, to summarise ...
- all metal is shit unless 1 guy from Brazil and 1 guy from Canada say it’s cool
- every metal concert in Brazil fills a stadium - except when you do fill a stadium you’re “shit” and you’ve sold out
- heavy metal music is bigger now than its ever been
- I live in the USA
- Anthrax are has-beens
- Killswitch Engage should instantly make you vomit ... if you don’t vomit you’re not into metal at all and should wear Woman’s clothing and hide in shame
- any metal that doesn’t have a cast member of Sesame Street singing lyrics you can’t understand isn’t metal at all .. and your masculinity is questionable if you don’t listen to this genre.
- any metal gateway bands, instead of strengthening the genre, are akin to cancer.
Ok.
Got it.
All makes sense now.
rd

LOL! That about sums it up for me

#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well it can more than one but Yes

Yes and I'll go so far as to say never were's, buts that my opinion much prefer SOD's work

Yes Yes
» YouTube video

Not sure where u got that from, me? I love Preist and Dio and Sabbath and Deep Purple oh and Sesame Street, don't hate Grover RD just don't do it. You don't have to like Death Metal singing but you do have to hate Killswitch Engaged or embrace it and wear womens clothing, nothing wrong with it.

I don't even know what a metal gateway band is but Yes.
I take so much flak from people who hate the Death Metal vocal style and you know what I couldn't give 2 shits, RD what do you care what we think, you probably don't relax its just music. I like Metal but never raise my 2 fingers or wear rock tee's none of that. I listen to classical the most, then Death Metal and Thrash as really its the closest thing to Classical music for me in terms of feeling and I prefer Death Metal vocals becasue I'm a jackass and can't stand the majority of lyrics out there, a good song can be ruined for me because of the lyrics just like a good shooting pin can be ruined by the theme.

Wow Hazoff, I thought you were a metal guy - but you seem to really love the band Yes \m/

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Oh man, the band yes SUCKS!

LOL! I love Yes and a lot of prog bands, but they do not belong in this thread!!

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Heres something I think we can all agree is greatness.
» YouTube video

Word.

Also, I thought you guys would like this:

#2115 2 years ago

Ok guys, love you both -= time to take it to PMs, this is waaaaaaay off topic

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No my aim is just fine and I'm pretty happy, you have no idea. I'll be inflitraiting the new thread real soon RD there is no ecapse. Now Alex prepare to be fondled and I know what Im doing so don't worry.
These 2 guys need to do a entire LP together in my opinion
» YouTube video

That tune Philip did on the first Iommi record is outstanding. The Rollins tune as well

1 week later
#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Nope... 3 minutes of foreign language talking followerd by the horrible sounding video..thumbs down on sound quality alone!

Kiko (the main guy) was Ozzy’s guitarist for 5 or 6 years after Zakk

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, Kiko never played with Ozzy... He was one of the founders and lead guitarrist from ANGRA, a brazilian band, and now he plays with Megadeth!

Oh duh! I got him mixed up with Gus from Firewind!

Love Angra, especially Angels Cry and Holy Land when they were with Andre

#2194 2 years ago

Just saw the Slayer thing... man.. had to happen eventually. Kerry’s said 2 more albums though..

#2195 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

» YouTube video
Attention: Amateur footage with foreign language spoken (subtitles available). So don't expect high quality sound - don't want to listen to it, don't click on the link.

I dot get it, he still sounds good to me; maybe he can’t hit the same high notes as when he was 16 (!) but it sure sounded like it. I didn’t know he played with Sieges Even, that is cool. He sounds more like Kiske than Kiske does these days!

#2206 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I doubt anybody on this side of the planet cares about Portuguese metal!

You mean Brazilian?

#2220 2 years ago

Wait a minute - that guy’s not a real captain!! Lol

#2226 2 years ago

Sacred reich coming back was the best news of the week! I still jam Independent. Long shot, but I really hope they get Dave McLain back... his drumming on that album and Heal are extraordinarily creative. His groove is one of
The main drivers behind Machine Head's success IMO.

Cause it ain't Rob Flynn's crappy attitude problem

1 month later
#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

And my Priest vinyl collection (official albums) will be finally complete when my double-vinyl copy of Firepower arrives!

Unleashed in the Studio! Awesome album

#2304 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My coworker turned me on to Red Fang this week. They are actually in PBR Can Crusher. I’m going to make a ROM for Metallica with their stuff when it’s back from my temp trade. Just for fun, not permanent. I’m going to have one party where every music pin uses alternate bands.
» YouTube video

I saw RedFang open for COC and BLS a couple weeks ago .. wow! What a killer surprise; they played a very fun, energetic, heavy set.

#2306 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Thanks Rob!”
Was nice seeing Glenn on stage again last night.

Did he come out just for a couple of songs, or did he play the whole show? God he looks 10,000,000 times cooler than Andy Sneap

2 weeks later
#2327 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

Just saw Control Denied is being released on vinyl... I always liked Death more (Chuck's vocals) but more of Chuck's riffs is always good!

#2329 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Today's soundtrack:

First heard Sabbath Bloody Sabbath from the Anthrax I’m the Man EP. Major metal moment. Still haven’t seen them live somehow!!

#2336 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Oh, I lost count of how many times I caught Anthrax live... And yeah, that Sabbath cover is awesome! "coughf, coughf..."

Haha.. I guess it’s the first time i heard Sweet Leaf too... lol

#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Awesome!
» YouTube video

These videos are great, he’s got good technique, but the singing makes me miss Tom Araya!!

#2343 1 year ago

Interesting... I always played that all on the low E string, which is WAY easier. I am going to go look up some old Pantera videos to see how Darrell did it..

4 months later
#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Hey Steve Harris of Maiden has good taste in pinball haha

[quoted image]

Wait is this a real photo? it looks CG

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Undoubtedly THE craziest metal story ever.
Guitarist Euronymous discovers vocalist Dead, well,...dead, from gunshot wound. He rearranges body and scenery for a tender photo op THEN collects skull fragments to make necklaces with; all before calling the law.
In a "karma really is a bitch" moment months later Euronymous is stabbed 35 times by Varg from Burzum. Varg does like 10 years and is now free and doing his retarded white power bullshit whenever he can.
You can't make this stuff up.

He served 14 years of a 21 year sentence. I'm not sure the stupid Nazi stuff helped. Note also that he was actually IN Mayhem, it wasn't some weird inter-band feud.. it was an INTRA-band feud! Or just drugs, who the hell can tell. The photo he took of Dead ended up being used on a Mayhem bootleg not long after. That is some incredibly sick stuff.

Oh, and BTW Dead was given that nickname because he was obsessed with it.. he used to bury birds in the ground for a month before a gig, then dig it up and inhale the putrid fumes, occasionally wearing the corpse around his neck at shows. Yeah we're dealing with a real level head here.

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

-Floods outro-
Will make a grown man cry.
Shot o Crown with that splash of Coke for you Dime.

last post.. check this out. blew my mind -

19 EIGHTY-EIGHT:

1 week later
#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not to be argumentative Rob, but I've always considered it literally a band feud. Yes Varg did one album with Mayhem, but Burzum was his baby, and Euronymous wanted in.
Euronymous found Dead dead (personally I think he had a hand in that and it wasn't a suicide). Then this Mayhem vs Burzum war started and the church burnings and it became a pissing contest "who is the MOST evil?"
Then Varg kills Euronymous.
Moral of the story: they are all fucking idiots.

This is only backed up by a brief scan of pretty much any part of Varg/Count/whatever-he-goes-by-now’s wiki page.. he is a crazy racist psycho! (Wow, I just achieved a triple redundancy)

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I saw Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie last night in Concord. Manson was meh. I'm glad I finally caught one of his shows, but he just didn't have much of a presence last night.
Rob, on the other hand, is clearly in a time warp, because he was hopping around like a coked up 25 year old. That part of the show was 100% pure awesome sauce.

I’ve never been able to get into Manson... it just screams “I hate my dad” SOOOO loudly. I kinda feel bad for him now - he’s in that phase where he’s just melting into an evil blubbery pile of goo

Rob clearly had just gotten Grand Champion on Spookshow

2 weeks later
#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey guess who won Dio’s couch in his auction today?
This guy! With Wendy Dio. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa man that’s awesome!

2 months later
#2416 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fell asleep last night at a party.

Ouch. Old man party foul >

#2418 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

L-Y-R-I-C-S
Just sayin

LOL I know. Quoting DRI, old man!

Hey, I'm curious - do you see a lot of Jon Shaffer in your area? HE's from Indy, isn't he?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Hardware
The MOD Couple
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside