20230831_140057 (resized).jpg
20230831_140030 (resized).jpg
20230812_190743 (resized).jpg
20230812_190817 (resized).jpg
20230812_190720 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1690511860651 (resized).jpg
20230710_223232 (resized).jpg
20230710_223345 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dee-Bow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm into THRASH and a few other variations (speed, death, black...) but all these doom, sludge, stoner, nu, etc... sorry guys, it means ZERO to me!
Who here likes babymetal? ugh...

what about HIGH ON FIRE ?!

1 week later
#1180 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

Man, i hear slayer in that.. with exodus's singer! Haha

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from cycochris:

so vader are coming to NZ, in support of Kreator. im so amped for this gig! first time that kreator has made it down our way.

"The mighty" Vader

1 week later
#1245 6 years ago

Sorry, but that's horrible! The guitar riff sounds like it's on a kids keyboard! Unless it changes after the 2min mark..cause that's all I could handle! Haha..dunno what peeps like about amon amoth! That drumming wasn't that fast or technical to be profiling him. Surely they must have heavier songs then that!

#1247 6 years ago

Wrong thread electrocute!

#1253 6 years ago

Haha, its not the cel phone speakers that make the AA's guitar sound like a toy keyboard. It's their guitar sound. Dragon force is about as cheeseball as metal can get! Those slow motion hair flips in that video are hilarious! Their sound reminds me of video game soundtracks! Anyone every listen to Into Eternity?! Local boys from my town, they got a guitar sound that sounds like... a guitar!

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

As a matter of fact, I just came here to say:
mastodon SUCKS BIG BALLS!!!!

Amen to that brotha!

#1260 6 years ago

Haha..all good! My flavour is more stoner/doom so lots of room to critique my fav's... for the record..im not a huge IE fan! I did play little league baseball with Tim & support them 100% tho. That new singer is smoking hot tho..Stu was a beast tho

#1263 6 years ago

1494865662183316746546 (resized).jpg1494865662183316746546 (resized).jpg

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

D Bow did you pick up the latest HoF album? I've got every one but that one. Hell I might be 2 behind by now. Wondering how good it is.

I just checked.,The latest was Luminiferous 2015..i just phoned the record store dude and ordered it! I dont have it. Haha.death is this communion is my fav too.! Steve albinni produced it.. So good!

#1289 6 years ago

I agree with him about Elvis being great! I own Elvis albums & I have loved D.R.I. since the day I saw the "beneath the wheel" video when I was barely a teenager! I'm all over the map on music

#1315 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Such bad weak metal.

I made it to the 33 second mark!

#1332 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

If Chris Cornell really did committ suicide like it's being reported, all the respect and admiration I have for the guy will go down the drain....

mental illness is a horrible thing man. I just think of Robin Williams and realise not everything is as great as it seems. If he's dead I doubt he will miss your admiration anywiss.

2 weeks later
#1432 6 years ago

lucky kid! Missed the encore but beat the traffic to get home to his video game!

#1438 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They're ok. Lots of my non metal friends like them.
rd

Lots of my friend's non metal girlfriends like them too!

#1446 6 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

One of my favorite bands Acid King : Blaze In Blaze Out
» YouTube video
Or how bout Sleep
» YouTube video

I knew I wasn't the only stoner rocker on here! I was blasting Orange Goblin, Kyuss, the Melvins on the weekend..still need to put them back on the shelf

14972801083902069386050 (resized).jpg14972801083902069386050 (resized).jpg

#1447 6 years ago

I also blasted hank Williams Jr, beastie boys, die antwoord, and some Elvis! Haha

1 week later
#1485 6 years ago

where do u watch these podcasts? is there a website with them all on it?!

2 weeks later
#1539 6 years ago

beneath the wheel!

1 month later
#1649 6 years ago

The mighty VADER

#1660 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Hell yeah, man. I met Down in 2015, super talented guys and I'm a huge Pantera nerd so meeting and talking to Phil was unreal!

lost respect for Phil many times over..paid money and travelled to see Down, only to have him ditch the show completely so he could smoke heroin. Megadeth did a double set to fill the slot but not cool. And I can't even spin a Pantera album without cringing!

490a92186597a0e01eceeafb6f2d5168 (resized).jpg490a92186597a0e01eceeafb6f2d5168 (resized).jpg

#1700 6 years ago

Reinventing the Steel is one the heaviest albums I have ever heard

#1701 6 years ago

I stopped listening after far beyond driven.. but all good buddy..as long as you like it man... blast it!

#1726 6 years ago

Danzig is one of the most badass people alive » YouTube video

is he?!

#1729 6 years ago

I'd love to find Danzig 4 on vinyl! Was blasting lucifuge last nite!..dont know what happened to him by the 5th album! Did Tommy prong join by that album ?

#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh lord not this again...

Haha..gotta admit that's a funny video..not trying to bust the kids balls on that one!

#1735 6 years ago

Haha..there is also a video of him walking out of the grocery store with fruit-loops or some sort of kids cereal! Dunno why it makes me laugh as well! Dunno why it's on the internet either for that matter

#1738 6 years ago

I had a VHS tape of Danzig where he talked about his "sand filled" gloves he'd wear when punching guys in the jaw! They also interviewed Eerie Von behind a chain link fence so he wouldn't attack the guy asking the questions! Good ol Canadian boy Chuck Biscuits was the drummer then!

#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You may be thinking of the photo where he had all the cat litter? He's calmed down considerably In the past decade or so, thank goodness. Takes himself a lot less seriously - good thing, it was getting hard to defend some of the weirdness!

Haha..yup! DON'T YouTube it tho! Haha, it's been changed into spoof songs about his grocery lists! Well, maybe watch a few!

#1756 6 years ago

Haha..thats horrible! I like the drummer's facial expressions.. he looks like he's questioning his career choice!

1 week later
#1775 6 years ago

Fuk, bodycount can rip!

#1776 6 years ago

Staying with the slayer theme...love Lombardo's fills on the new ST

#1777 6 years ago

last one.. faaak I'm digging the BodyCount! They fukkin shred!

4 weeks later
#1826 6 years ago

YO who likes OverKill?

#1831 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, that's HORRIBLE!!!!

Haha..i love that song..& they are prob the loudest band I've ever seen live! also, that new Danzig is slightly less horrible than I previously mentioned..glenn is a cringy mo-fo in that video tho! But it's def a Danzig riff.

#1841 6 years ago

32 years ago today this came out...

EMI1 (resized).jpgEMI1 (resized).jpg

#1845 6 years ago

Slayer is NOT AVAILABLE

1 month later
#1909 6 years ago

Just stumbled on this tbe other day...

#1912 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The Power Hour.

For the record...that's Tommy @ Nitro Pinball!! Badass mofo!

#1914 6 years ago

I used to make power hour mix tapes on vhs! Sitting there with the vcr on record AND pause waiting for the next vid! Haha.. little easier with YouTube now!

#1920 6 years ago

Gryzzz...what the heck you drinking tonight..those bands sound nuttin like DRI

#1928 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

TÝR is very very good music with a some serious vocals

They are definitely not for me..but different strokes...

#1930 6 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

i remember hitting up all the head shops in regina for patches n shit in the 80's too ! ahhh those were fun times.

oh ya! CHARISMA & RecordsOnWheels on scarth st. Downtown! They had em all. R.O.W. is now X-ray records but same old dude! He comes over to play my pins and watch the UFC fights..&&& drink gin!

1 week later
#1957 6 years ago

I'm too old to fight for front row views anymore! I can imagine the battles at a CC show!

#1975 6 years ago

Back when Metallica looked awesome. Wish I could have seen a show during Damaged Justice. Better yet! A cliff Burton show

Isn't that jason newsted? Not cliff...
* i think i read your post wrong!* u knew it wasn't ol' cliffy

#1994 6 years ago

13 years ago today we lost a metal brotha..crazy how fast time goes

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2142 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Don't fool yourself - here's the home for TRUE METAL... wimps and posers can leave the hall!

Yeah, awesome band!!!

C'mon man..that thread was to ditch your attitude that every thing you dont like sucks balls.. and your opinion is holier than thou! Being a douche bag behind a keyboard is lame and we are all guilty of it once in a while (i made fun of new danzig?! Wtf dion!) .. RD was just trying to keep it out of music discussions. Dont act like u don't realize u were being a bit of a dick man! Back to music talk...

#2171 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

huh... dee-bow I was talking about HOME boys, not homo... Do you even happen to know who are those guys?

Nope... 3 minutes of foreign language talking followerd by the horrible sounding video..thumbs down on sound quality alone!

#2180 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Kiko (the main guy) was Ozzy’s guitarist for 5 or 6 years after Zakk

i couldn't hear the guitar! It was recorded on a flip-phone camera i think. I'll look for a different version on youtube! Or maybe it was MY phone! Haha

#2198 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

» YouTube video
Attention: Amateur footage with foreign language spoken (subtitles available). So don't expect high quality sound - don't want to listen to it, don't click on the link.

I doubt anybody on this side of the planet cares about Portuguese metal!

#2201 6 years ago

Screenshot_20180122-110053 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180122-110053 (resized).png

#2202 6 years ago

Brazil has ONE metal band.. c'mon man

#2204 6 years ago

It's ok.... Sepultura rules man!

show-meon-this-doll-where-the-internethurt-you-butthurt-people-3536218 (resized).pngshow-meon-this-doll-where-the-internethurt-you-butthurt-people-3536218 (resized).png

#2207 6 years ago

Is all english spoken metal from England? That video sounded Portuguese not brazillinese! My appologies!

#2213 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Can we post pictures of some cute metal girls here? And I really don't care if they're actually emo or goth or punk, because most of the time I really can't tell the difference by the clothing.... but, you know, they're GIRLS (at least at first glance)!

man.. those are lil girls. How old are you?

#2215 6 years ago

Well then it is ok.. at 17 you're prob still older then any of them...

#2218 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You are not 17! Lol

Z5S4C8B (resized).pngZ5S4C8B (resized).png

1 week later
#2250 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yet another brazilian awesome true metal band (not that nu-stone-doom-rap-pop-metal shit): » YouTube video

Honestly...that's redundant chicken beats metal. Bucka bucka bucka..beat the same drum beat into a snare over and over and over..drum fill....repeat.. non-nu-3rd world-no charisma-played to death sound. That shit has been exhausted for year's over here. Doom-pop?!? Wtf is ONE example of a doom-pop band!?

#2253 6 years ago

Cryptopsy
Annihilator
Gorguts
Voivod
Devin Townsend
Kataklysm

2 months later
#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That's why I drained almost all of the MAIDEN threads...

Didn't you get booted out of your own maiden thread for talking crap?! Haha...yup!

3 months later
#2365 5 years ago

Holy shit does Matt Pike sound like Lemmy! HoF just might be my favorite of em all! Do u know them boys Grizz?! So good!

#2371 5 years ago

Let's talk about metal.. The story behind this album cover is crazy..real photo. Dude ran to the store and bought a disposable camera to take pics of his bandmate before he called the police to tell them his friend killed himself. Wowzers

8075 (resized).jpg8075 (resized).jpg
#2373 5 years ago

Nope.. burzum is sum foooked up sheeeet

#2378 5 years ago

Packing my bags. What do I need besides black face paint and some fire accelerator for any churches we see?! Haha.. also, I clicked the link to finally see what Vid looks like..damm them mentors masks!

1 week later
#2389 5 years ago

Black tooth grin

2 months later
#2411 5 years ago
Screenshot_20181022-224830_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181022-224830_Instagram (resized).jpg
4 months later
#2438 5 years ago

What ever happened to Celtic Frost? Is it true that they got lost?

2 months later
#2466 4 years ago

He wasn't trying to convince you..he said it was his personal opinion.. to say that's laughable is a dooche statement. To come on here and act like you're teaching us who's cliff burton is a douche move. If you would of kept reading the rest of Metallica's wikipedia page you would of read that Dave Mustaine (or Dave from megadeth) was actually once Dave from Metallica. Can you name another solid" member of megadeth ?! Too funny? How?!

#2468 4 years ago

"Not overly distorted and tight as hell" wtf does that even mean?! Are talking about Kirk's pants? You sound like a pretty experienced fan.. being 47 and all! Cheers

#2487 4 years ago

Extraballz... check this out and lemme know what u think of Mustaine's shredding compared to Hammet..

3 months later
#2537 4 years ago

Something HEAVY to share

You're kidding, right?

#2541 4 years ago

Local friends... planet eater.. bassist is in another band Into Eternity... this is heavy with all capital letters

#2542 4 years ago

For the record.. i thought u were kidding!

#2545 4 years ago

I thought the new danzig (my last ride) was cheesy as fuk at first listen but now frikkin i love it.. so waddda i know anywisss ..and ya! PlanetEater are badass! I dig em for sure!

2 months later
#2548 4 years ago

Thread bump! You guys ever check out Elliott's interviews?! He gets some honest and great information out of peeps..great stuff & the lil guy is growing up fast!

2 months later
#2576 4 years ago

Now u realize.

Death is this communion
Matt pike is deadlah

8 months later
11 months later
#2605 2 years ago

I confess i don't understand the hype if cassette tapes. .. and hiw much peeps spend on them!

#2612 2 years ago

Ya. It sounds very dated. As I'm sure the new priest album will too. Painkiller was the last doozie and that one surprised me!

2 months later
#2620 2 years ago

They returned to putting out a relevant album for the era.. turbo was heavy for it's time.. but not compared to what's being released when painkiller came out. They needed to keep up with the Metallica's and Pantera's .. and 3 seconds into that drumroll you knew they did!

#2658 2 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Lots of perspective, and love for Priest - Pinside delivers!

Yup.. that exciter vid has me headbangin'! So gud live

#2659 2 years ago

Rush slowed down sounds like dooom!

9 months later
#2797 1 year ago
Quoted from doompin:

Just wanted to share this. Pinball and Power metal fest in Madison WI that is going to be bigger than ever next year. The new venue is over 4 times larger than previous years. I have attended the past two years and it has been a blast.
https://madwithpowerfest.com/

You have my attention!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dee-Bow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-metal?tu=Dee-Bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.