20230831_140057 (resized).jpg
20230831_140030 (resized).jpg
20230812_190743 (resized).jpg
20230812_190817 (resized).jpg
20230812_190720 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1690511860651 (resized).jpg
20230710_223232 (resized).jpg
20230710_223345 (resized).jpg
There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 58.
#2101 6 years ago

His facial expressions are the best part.

#2102 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Probably my favorite metal video of the year... While some 'reaction videos' are stupid, this one is perfect:
» YouTube video
Craaazy band.... His reaction at 1:30 - 1:45 is perfect.

His facial expressions are the best part.

#2103 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

I know most of the stuff I listen to is hated by most people. That doesn’t mean it sucks. Ever listen to Khanate? Objectively it’s unlistenable, the sort of stuff that even most metal heads don’t even have the palate for. I love it though. That’s my point.

Exactly and I agree fully, my favorite genre of metal is Death Metal, Six Feet Under, CCorpse, Bolt Thrower and I love it when someone says its crap, I don't care. Ofcourse just because someone else thinks it sucks doesn't make it so, do you realize some people think Nicki Minaj doesn't suck now because no one coming to this thread will argue with that its all good right? I just like to bug people who pretend to be holier than thou, doesn't matter if its pinball, music whatever.

Quoted from doompin:

I bet you (would) dig some of the bands that are predecessors to Killswitch Engage despite a distaste for them.

Yeah that stuff isn't bad but it doesn't make what Killswitch is doing any better, if anyone of you guys love Killswitch or Avenged or Trivium hey man all the power to ya. Just busting balls.

#2104 6 years ago

#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

I find berating someones musical taste so utterly pointless and absurd

x100. This guy gets it.

Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

you are being an asshole and degrading to others who are posting here. There's tons of stuff posted here I don't like, but I'm not going to attack it, just move on

X100. This guy gets it.

Quoted from Hazoff:

you see PC guys rarely have a sense of humor as does anyone who takes themselves or anything else for that matter too seriously.

It’s got fucking nothing to do with being PC. It’s got everything to do with not being a cock. Didn’t your mother teach you (and Alex) that if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all?

Wonder why nobody posts anything in this thread? Because you two dicks keep slagging it off.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Listen I don't care what you or anyone else likes

Clearly you do, because you (and Alex) go out of your way to call everything you don’t like shit. Like a 12 year old kid.

Metal is the greatest form of music out there in my opinion. I listen to bands from Deep Purple and Rainbow through to Lamb of God and everything in between. I have over 1000 hard rock/metal albums.

I have every right to like KSE just as much as you to have to like your stuff.

rd

#2106 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

x100. This guy gets it.

X100. This guy gets it.

It’s got fucking nothing to do with being PC. It’s got everything to do with not being a cock. Didn’t your mother teach you (and Alex) that if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all?
Wonder why nobody posts anything in this thread? Because you two dicks keep slagging it off.

Clearly you do, because you (and Alex) go out of your way to call everything you don’t like shit. Like a 12 year old kid.
Metal is the greatest form of music out there in my opinion. I listen to bands from Deep Purple and Rainbow through to Lamb of God and everything in between. I have over 1000 hard rock/metal albums.
rd

Excuse me mr. "know-it-all I got more records than all of you combined 12-year-old mature dick" but did you read my post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-metal/page/42#post-4165036 ?

Everything's fine, everyone gets along, until the moment you keep coming back here creating discord among men! Now go to a KFC... huh, kse show, and do your part to keep false-pop-metal alive, ok?

#2107 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That has nothing to do woth it.

Quoted from rotordave:

No I really don't, I do enjoy irritating people and you care way more than I do thats why when one of the bands you like is put down seems the claws come out, you can hate any of the bands I like, don't care. Maybe you need to ask urself why you do, I know but it would just enrage you and while I would like to do just that I will refrain.

Quoted from rotordave:

Who said you didn't? you have the right to like it and I have the right to say its crap, steamy, smelly, fly ridden garbage. I'll never stop so maybe we should leave it alone. You know me and Alex have disagreed on many a thing and yet it doesn't turn into this kind of shit show.

#2108 6 years ago

Heres something I think we can all agree is greatness.

#2109 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Heres something I think we can all agree is greatness.
» YouTube video

Word.

Also, I thought you guys would like this:

#2110 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Exactly and I agree fully, my favorite genre of metal is Death Metal, Six Feet Under, CCorpse, Bolt Thrower and I love it when someone says its crap, I don't care. Ofcourse just because someone else thinks it sucks doesn't make it so, do you realize some people think Nicki Minaj doesn't suck now because no one coming to this thread will argue with that its all good right? I just like to bug people who pretend to be holier than thou, doesn't matter if its pinball, music whatever.

Yeah that stuff isn't bad but it doesn't make what Killswitch is doing any better, if anyone of you guys love Killswitch or Avenged or Trivium hey man all the power to ya. Just busting balls.

For the record I'm not into any of those bands (Killswitch or Avenged or Trivium) but I stand by somebody who is because they are a gateway to so many amazing rabbit holes to go down, so many bands to discover for the first time, to dig deeper into the filthy trenches of funeral doom, or grind. Maybe they will never lead there but If somebody digs them and that adds value to their life, then that is the point of music at its core.

I can't stand dub step. It irritates the shit out of me, but I know there is plenty of music I enjoy that would irritate the shit out of most people. So I just do what adults are supposed to do and avoid it in my own life and leave others to their own devices.

#2111 6 years ago

#2112 6 years ago

#2113 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I do enjoy irritating people

That’s really quite sad. Maybe time for you to look at your life and aim for better things?

Anyway, I’m gonna leave this thread for you and Alex to fondle each other.

For the others, I’ve created a new thread where you can share whatever shit you want, without fear of judgement from others.

Come join it if you want.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-hard-rockmetal-thread#post-4168414

Dave

#2114 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s really quite sad. Maybe time for you to look at your life and aim for better things?
For the others, I’ve created a new thread where you can share whatever shit you want, without fear of judgement from others.
Come join it if you want.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-hard-rockmetal-thread#post-4168414
Dave

Awesome! So I can expect you to stop trolling here!

#2115 6 years ago

Ok guys, love you both -= time to take it to PMs, this is waaaaaaay off topic

#2116 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok guys, love you both -= time to take it to PMs, this is waaaaaaay off topic

No need! We're all good now!

(by the sound of Nightwish's second album Oceanborn)

#2117 6 years ago

I stumbled across this site that has links to a ton of bootlegs
https://heavysoundboard.blogspot.com/

Thing is the site that the rar files are stored are blocked here at work. So I don't know if it's one of those ghey sites where a 100-MB download takes 3 hours unless you pay to get into the fast lane.

Maybe one of you guys could check it out and report back since I'm stuck at work for another 3 hours?

#2118 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No my aim is just fine and I'm pretty happy, you have no idea. I'll be inflitraiting the new thread real soon RD there is no ecapse. Now Alex prepare to be fondled and I know what Im doing so don't worry.

These 2 guys need to do a entire LP together in my opinion

#2119 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No my aim is just fine and I'm pretty happy, you have no idea. I'll be inflitraiting the new thread real soon RD there is no ecapse. Now Alex prepare to be fondled and I know what Im doing so don't worry.
These 2 guys need to do a entire LP together in my opinion
» YouTube video

That tune Philip did on the first Iommi record is outstanding. The Rollins tune as well

#2120 6 years ago

#2121 6 years ago

#2122 6 years ago

#2123 6 years ago

Unfortunately, that's the reality of metal in north america.... The almighty Judas Priest opening for five finger death shit....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2124 6 years ago

New MAIDEN beer!

#2125 6 years ago

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Unfortunately, that's the reality of metal in north america.... The almighty Judas Priest opening for five finger death shit....

It should be Saxon opening for Preist and then end it.

#2127 6 years ago

Hell..i saw Accept listed above. They will play on sunday here in my area together with Night Demon..great band!!!

You guys know Skull Fist?

And i really love Enforcer

#2128 6 years ago
Quoted from xplorer:

You guys know Skull Fist?

Hey, I didn't know these guys.... really liked it!

#2129 6 years ago

Looks like the self-entitled "official" metal thread is much more hard-rock oriented than this thread of ours, which I'm very proud to say, covers everything TRUE METAL related!

I wonder.... could the OP please change this thread's subject to "The Pinside Official TRUE METAL thread"? Thanks in advance!

#2130 6 years ago

Just downloaded!

Skull Fist - Heavier Than Metal1 (resized).jpgSkull Fist - Heavier Than Metal1 (resized).jpg

#2131 6 years ago

Downloaded this soundboard recording of Priest on the Defenders tour - awesome setlist:
https://heavysoundboard.blogspot.com/2016/11/judas-priest-live-tingley-stadium.html

#2132 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I stumbled across this site that has links to a ton of bootlegs
https://heavysoundboard.blogspot.com/
Thing is the site that the rar files are stored are blocked here at work. So I don't know if it's one of those ghey sites where a 100-MB download takes 3 hours unless you pay to get into the fast lane.
Maybe one of you guys could check it out and report back since I'm stuck at work for another 3 hours?

Quoted from VectorGamer:

Downloaded this soundboard recording of Priest on the Defenders tour - awesome setlist:
https://heavysoundboard.blogspot.com/2016/11/judas-priest-live-tingley-stadium.html

Pretty cool man! Thanks!

#2133 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Pretty cool man! Thanks!

No problem.

And just so everyone is aware the files ARE hosted on one of those sites where you have to pay to get in the fast lane. But so far I've been able to download one RAR file per hour in the slow lane. And I checked the site with VirusTotal.com which reports it as clean. And just out of habit I scan all my downloads for malware and they've come up clean.

There's a kewl Deep Purple boot that I downloaded the first RAR file last night gotta download the second half tonight:
https://heavysoundboard.blogspot.com/2012/11/deep-purple-live-eissporthalle-kassel.html

#2134 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

No problem.
And just so everyone is aware the files ARE hosted on one of those sites where you have to pay to get in the fast lane. But so far I've been able to download one RAR file per hour in the slow lane. And I checked the site with VirusTotal.com which reports it as clean. And just out of habit I scan all my downloads for malware and they've come up clean.
There's a kewl Deep Purple boot that I downloaded the first RAR file last night gotta download the second half tonight:
https://heavysoundboard.blogspot.com/2012/11/deep-purple-live-eissporthalle-kassel.html

https://heavysoundboard.blogspot.com.br/search/label/Mercyful%20Fate

#2135 6 years ago

Eventually I'll download this one:
https://heavysoundboard.blogspot.com.br/2017/03/mercyful-fate-live-saltlegeret.html

"Walking Back To Hell" was the first iteration of "A Dangerous Meeting." I had either an LP or cassette BITD that had a bunch of demos "Walking Back To Hell" was on.

#2136 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Eventually I'll download this one:
https://heavysoundboard.blogspot.com.br/2017/03/mercyful-fate-live-saltlegeret.html
"Walking Back To Hell" was the first iteration of "A Dangerous Meeting." I had either an LP or cassette BITD that had a bunch of demos "Walking Back To Hell" was on.

Cool! I'll surely download all 3 bootlegs, and that's a very nice info I didn't have... now I'm curious to listen to it soon....

Don't you have this LP anymore?

#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Don't you have this LP anymore?

All my vinyl is gone except for my U2 collection. I ran a booth at a record show back in the 90s most likely I sold off my collection there.

I still have a collection of tapes in the garage - though only a fraction of what I collected BITD. I remember having a Mercyful Fate "Curse Of the Pharaohs" cassette and a live bootleg. I also had the "Nuns Have No Fun" EP.

I'll do some checking to see if I still have that Fate cassette.

#2138 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

All my vinyl is gone except for my U2 collection. I ran a booth at a record show back in the 90s most likely I sold off my collection there.
I still have a collection of tapes in the garage - though only a fraction of what I collected BITD. I remember having a Mercyful Fate "Curse Of the Pharaohs" cassette and a live bootleg. I also had the "Nuns Have No Fun" EP.
I'll do some checking to see if I still have that Fate cassette.

BITD I also made the mistake of selling a few of my vinyl albums (or trade for CD's).... The ones I regret most are the first two original VIPER albums and the very first SEPULTURA LP (split with a band called OVERDOSE)... Nowadays they are becoming rarer and rarer to find and expen$ive as hell...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2139 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Just downloaded!

Nice - great album. A new one should be out in late spring i guess.

Pfffff..why is there a need for a new Metal Threat? Can`t we all get along here? So stupid to have 2 now..

Do you guys know Dust Bolt? Young Thrash Band from my area, very nice guys.

#2140 6 years ago
Quoted from xplorer:

Pfffff..why is there a need for a new Metal Threat? Can`t we all get along here? So stupid to have 2 now..

Don't fool yourself - here's the home for TRUE METAL... wimps and posers can leave the hall!

Quoted from xplorer:

Do you guys know Dust Bolt? Young Thrash Band from my area, very nice guys.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Yeah, awesome band!!!

#2141 6 years ago

I did some checking and the only tapes I have left are bootlegs and recordings of vinyl albums.

Here are the Mercyful Fate albums I used to have (besides Melissa and Oath):

(kinda dumb you can't embed images on this forum)

From the Depths Of Hell
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2ox-_jq46As/TbweQk97JkI/AAAAAAAAAyo/fXc4MrNz-Rc/s400/MF-livefromthedepthsofhell-f.jpg

Mini LP
http://heavymetalmuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Mercyful-Fate-Mini-LP-2011-bootleg-white-vinyl-cover.jpg

And Curse Of the Pharoahs
http://img.cdandlp.com/2015/02/imgL/116098182.jpg

#2142 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Don't fool yourself - here's the home for TRUE METAL... wimps and posers can leave the hall!

Yeah, awesome band!!!

C'mon man..that thread was to ditch your attitude that every thing you dont like sucks balls.. and your opinion is holier than thou! Being a douche bag behind a keyboard is lame and we are all guilty of it once in a while (i made fun of new danzig?! Wtf dion!) .. RD was just trying to keep it out of music discussions. Dont act like u don't realize u were being a bit of a dick man! Back to music talk...

#2144 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I did some checking and the only tapes I have left are bootlegs and recordings of vinyl albums.
Here are the Mercyful Fate albums I used to have (besides Melissa and Oath):
(kinda dumb you can't embed images on this forum)
From the Depths Of Hell
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2ox-_jq46As/TbweQk97JkI/AAAAAAAAAyo/fXc4MrNz-Rc/s400/MF-livefromthedepthsofhell-f.jpg
Mini LP
http://heavymetalmuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Mercyful-Fate-Mini-LP-2011-bootleg-white-vinyl-cover.jpg
And Curse Of the Pharoahs
http://img.cdandlp.com/2015/02/imgL/116098182.jpg

Awesome brother! I've got King Diamond's entire official discography be it on vinyl and/or CD (Mercyful Fate included), and I love those bootleg recordings!!!

#2145 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

C'mon man..that thread was to ditch your attitude that every thing you dont like sucks balls.. and your opinion is holier than thou! Being a douche bag behind a keyboard is lame and we are all guilty of it once in a while (i made fun of new danzig?! Wtf dion!) .. RD was just trying to keep it out of music discussions. Dont act like u don't realize u were being a bit of a dick man! Back to music talk...

HEAVY METAL, or no metal at all.... (oh, you know how the song goes)...

#2146 6 years ago

Hey everyone, check these guys out - Thrash Metal in its finest form!

#2148 6 years ago

Maximum the Harmone.

#2149 6 years ago

Classic

#2150 6 years ago

There are 2,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-metal/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.